Falcon Boards

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Ok, after visiting some of the Falcon boards, I finally realize we should just forfiet the game, our DB's can't keep up with their WR's, Wilson is a rookie who Nolan will baffle with schemes and stunts, PC can't coach, RGIII's injury is the only reason we won last week, blah, blah, blah.... etc etc...gawd their almost as bad as whiner fans...lol :sarcasm_off:

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
I've seen worse that's for sure, but they are a confident bunch considering their recent playoff success. Believe me, they are know way near as bad as last weeks foreskin fans or even the whiner fans.

keepertd

Reaction score
your right...as fans of the Falcons we should be talking about how you guys will steamroll us...I mean its obvious that the Hawks are untouchable :sarcasm_off: what did u expect?

The Radish

Reaction score
It gets me too. Our people talk about how invincible they think we are but think its funny other teams do the same things.

:roll:

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Also, I'm pretty sure they would have rather seen the foreskins than us. No team wants to play us (besides the fudge packers) in the playoffs. All that talk you see on their boards are just a positive outlook on a game they are nervous about.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm shocked, just shocked, that the fans of the #1 seed are confident.

Just shocked.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Falcons fans are no where close to being as annoying as redskins fans. Falcons fans are talking logic and stats. We can't really disagree with almost all of the things that they claim. If we have got good DB's then they have got 2 #1 WR's and future HOF TE.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Falcons fans deserve to be confident. They're tired of their past playoff failures and think this is the year that will all change.

Both of our franchises haven't won a Superbowl, we're both in the same boat here. Who wants it more?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
keepertd":c0rjnu2h said:
your right...as fans of the Falcons we should be talking about how you guys will steamroll us...I mean its obvious that the Hawks are untouchable :sarcasm_off: what did u expect?
Every week the opposing fans say that their DC is going to baffle Wilson with his defensive schemes. hasn't happened yet. Now Nolan is a respectable DC, but so where those other guys. If Belicheat didn't baffle Wilson, Nolan isn't going to.

When we hear fanboyz of other teams tell us this, it's obvious they don't know what they're talking about. Now if they'd said, "Nolan's going to bring the blitz and pressure Wilson", who's only 58% effective when being rushed by 5+. Or they said they'd bring a corner blitz, which Wilson is ranked like 27th in the NFL when facing a corner blitz. Well, then we could discuss some rational football. A knowledgable discussion might ensue. CAN the Falcons bring a corner blitz with any effectiveness? Have they done so before? Does Nolan favor blitz packages and are the Falcons any good at executing them?

But no. We get the same brain dead fanboy crap. Ohhhhh! Nolan will legerdemain Wilson right out of his rookie mind with his voodoo magic defensive schemes that we can't describe to you because we don't know shit what we're laking about! yeah!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So far most of the Flacons fans I have seen have been very reasonable and thoughtful. I have no issue with any Falcons fan who thinks their team will win. They have a damn good shot to get a W, as do the Hawks I hope.

keepertd

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":btamnxes said:
keepertd":btamnxes said:
Every week the opposing fans say that their DC is going to baffle Wilson with his defensive schemes. hasn't happened yet. Now Nolan is a respectable DC, but so where those other guys. If Belicheat didn't baffle Wilson, Nolan isn't going to.

When we hear fanboyz of other teams tell us this, it's obvious they don't know what they're talking about. Now if they'd said, "Nolan's going to bring the blitz and pressure Wilson", who's only 58% effective when being rushed by 5+. Or they said they'd bring a corner blitz, which Wilson is ranked like 27th in the NFL when facing a corner blitz. Well, then we could discuss some rational football. A knowledgable discussion might ensue. CAN the Falcons bring a corner blitz with any effectiveness? Have they done so before? Does Nolan favor blitz packages and are the Falcons any good at executing them?

But no. We get the same brain dead fanboy crap. Ohhhhh! Nolan will legerdemain Wilson right out of his rookie mind with his voodoo magic defensive schemes that we can't describe to you because we don't know shit what we're laking about! yeah!

im not trying to defend everyone, but do you really expect a teams boards to not be full of confidence as a #1 seed in the playoffs? you guys have done the same thing on this board, you always have people stoked about big games, as Falcons fans everyone is tired of hearing "they cant win because look t the past" and your fans over here have said the same thing...don't complain about a team being confident when your fans are guilty of the same thing /rantover

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":fkvzfmb8 said:
So far most of the Flacons fans I have seen have been very reasonable and thoughtful. I have no issue with any Falcons fan who thinks their team will win. They have a damn good shot to get a W, as do the Hawks I hope.

Exactly!

plus no one is talking about Trufant in the middle trying to cover Douglas or maybe even Tony G. That is a scary matchup especially if we can't bring much pressure now that Clemons is out.

Another matchup I am not really liking is Turner running to Irvin's side....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1hfrkq2n said:
Missing_Clink":1hfrkq2n said:

Exactly!

plus no one is talking about Trufant in the middle trying to cover Douglas or maybe even Tony G. That is a scary matchup especially if he can't bring much pressure now that Clemons is out.

Another matchup I am not really liking is Turner running to Irvin's side....

You can feel a little better. Turner doesn't really run so much speed walk. ;)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
according to these forums the falcons could have just as easily been 3-13 if their schedule was just .0123% harder.

It goes both ways.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We've been talking a LOT about our concerns about Trufant. I think even our die hard fanboyz are taking this game seriously.

This is the second round of the playoffs and from here on out everyone is wearing their big boy pants.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2vt6teru said:
We've been talking a LOT about our concerns about Trufant. I think even our die hard fanboyz are taking this game seriously.

This is the second round of the playoffs and from here on out everyone is wearing their big boy pants.

Irvin has also been coming up in a lot of conversations. Fans of a team should at least have a marginal knowledge of their weaknesses and not just their strengths.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You can't blame their fans for being overly-optimistic. They are covering up the fact that they are terrified they might once again be one-and-done in the playoffs. They have a playoff monkey on their back that they want to shed in the worst way possible. We'd be the same way in their shoes. Hell, we even were, with the whole road game thing that we only later in this past season have been able to throw off our own team's back.

My experience thus far on the Falcons forums has been infinitely more enjoyable than the 49ers or Foreskins forums.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol I don't know what to say about this thread besides... really?

They're doing the same thing a lot of us are doing, except for us its "RUSSELL'S GONNA GIVE 'EM THE BIZNASS" or "OUR DEFENSE IS GONNA BEAT THE EVER LOVING POO OUTTA THEM"

Some of y'all need to chill with this "omgz we're disrespected" crap, its getting old and now reaching ridiculous levels.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This is exactly why I prefer to talk about our strengths as a team and talk logically and analytically about these matchups, rather than making any assumptions about our opponent. It's one thing to throw out a score but trying to speculate about the rhythm and events in an NFL game is a pointless exercise. Even if you end up being right it's only because your opinion was one angle of hundreds of possible angles cast out there on the board and someone was bound to hit on it.

That's not to say I'm pumped up, like our chances, believe in our team, and don't have wildly fanatical thoughts about how we might disarm and crush and opponent. I believe we'll beat atlanta but if we do it will have 0 to do with them being a bad or incapable team who just 'played an easy schedule'.