If Clemons knee is signifigantly injured

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I think no one mentions the OL as much as we have depth ( who could not use more) and a young time that IMO needs time to play together longer. Most really good lines have a good mix of young players and vets. We have all you players. This is the first year in a long time the majority of snaps have had the same players

CANHawk

Reaction score
A stud penetrating pass rushing 3 tech DT is our first, second and third priority in the off season. We need that 3 down Warren Sapp kinda guy who is big enough to stuff a lane against the run but can get into the backfield like nobody's business. We have the speed off the ends, but that pressure up the middle is needed in the worst way. Jason Jones's absence is very noticable.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think so. I was in the reciever, TE camp before. The loss of Jason Jones affected pass rush. We need to maintain and even improve the pass rush, so yes. I think our poor third down numbers speak to that.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I worry about the OL. I think Lynch makes them look better than they are and with the number of shots he takes, I'd hate to see him end up like the great Earl Campbell. I also think we can expect a lot more blitz packages coming the way of Mr. Wilson. I am unsure of exactly what the story is with Moffit. I'm no expert, but I expected more from him. I am concerned PC and JS, even if they feel we need to add to the line, may not do so after using such high picks on Carp and Moffit. OL are not sexy picks and they may fear some sort of backlash if they were to grab a Warmac (etc.). Probably silly of me to think this but it's a concern I have. I've had posters screaming..."No frikin' way do we draft OL, we need a wide-out...how many OL are we going to draft"?. My answer to that would be as many as it takes until our franchise QB (etc.) is better protected.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkWow":5vooajch said:
I worry about the OL. I think Lynch makes them look better than they are and with the number of shots he takes, I'd hate to see him end up like the great Earl Campbell. I also think we can expect a lot more blitz packages coming the way of Mr. Wilson. I am unsure of exactly what the story is with Moffit. I'm no expert, but I expected more from him. I am concerned PC and JS, even if they feel we need to add to the line, may not do so after using such high picks on Carp and Moffit. OL are not sexy picks and they may fear some sort of backlash if they were to grab a Warmac (etc.). Probably silly of me to think this but it's a concern I have. I've had posters screaming..."No frikin' way do we draft OL, we need a wide-out...how many OL are we going to draft"?. My answer to that would be as many as it takes until our franchise QB (etc.) is better protected.

Lynch makes OL look better than they are for sure, but not to the point where we could have a top two rushing attack with a mediocre line. That O-line has to be for real. The blitzes are a concern, but Rob has pointed out to me that a lot of the recent blitzing has come off the edges, which isn't something guards can be expected to handle.

I think the best way to protect Wilson at this point is with a security-blanket-type WR/TE. There's little point in drafting a first-round guard if Wilson still spends so many plays dropping back, looking in vain for a target, and then scrambling away from his protection.

HawkWow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ru4m73xr said:
HawkWow":ru4m73xr said:

Lynch makes OL look better than they are for sure, but not to the point where we could have a top two rushing attack with a mediocre line. That O-line has to be for real. The blitzes are a concern, but Rob has pointed out to me that a lot of the recent blitzing has come off the edges, which isn't something guards can be expected to handle.

I think the best way to protect Wilson at this point is with a security-blanket-type WR/TE. There's little point in drafting a first-round guard if Wilson still spends so many plays dropping back, looking in vain for a target, and then scrambling away from his protection.

Excellent point on RW scrambling away from his protection. I hadn't looked at it that way. I do need to give the line some props for their discipline. As much as RW moves around, I seldom see a flag for illegal man downfield. I can go back to concentrating on the D-line now. ;)

Latest posts