NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":pyyjnptk said:
He was talking about Howard Schultz, not Bennet. Everybody knew what was going down when Bennet bought the team. Starbucks Dick had to lie, or the previous, local, owners would not have sold him the team.

Yup. Had Schultz not pretended to fall for Clay Bennett's lies and not sold the sell of the team as an attempt to keep the Sonics in Seattle, he would not have gotten enough yes votes from ownership to sell. The vote was something like 5-4 in favor of selling. Had the vote been in the face of "This guy is taking the team to OKC", that vote NEVER passes. Clay never gets the Sonics. Clay was a HUGE villain. But Schultz was just as bad. If anyone has seen Django Unchained, Clay was DiCaprio, and Schultz was Samuel L. Jackson's character. DiCaprio was bastard. But it was Jackson who was truly evil.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Stern had shown 1/4 of the resistence he has shown Sacramento about moving and helping get a deal in place the Sonics would never have been allowed to leave, there was a second group locally ready to step in and it was not even listened to. This is all about the good ole boys club and the freindship that Bennett and Stern had before it was even a thought. I'm convinced Stern laid the ground work to allow Bennett to go through the process of ripping off the team.

The lies are one thing, Schultz wanted out and wanted a profit bottom line.

The fact that being the newest owner and being on a relocation commitee itself stinks of the buddy system. Having the power to extort and hold peoples feet to a fire to allow a relocation I guess is one of his strengths, I';m wondering when it gets to that phase how much Bennett is going to want Hansen to pay to get permission to move the Kings or Bucks for that matter if that becomes stage two.

If I'm Hansen I demand a return of a lot of the Sonics rights that Bennett believes he is intitiled too.

dunceface

Reaction score
Once we get the Sonics back can we all start ignoring Peaches' skewed reality?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
dunceface":2u00bzoa said:

It would be better if people stopped engaging it even before then. Not that I don't understand the temptation to fire away at it.

NoChops

Reaction score
call me when stern retires. till then I'm still not watching or putting one dime in Clay's boytoy buttbuddie

chris98251

Reaction score
Well once we get the Sonics back, bring Cage, Xman, Shelton, Brickowski, and Grey out of retirement. Put them on the court and let them bang with those stickman from Okie Land for about 5 minutes.

Anyone that gloats over how and what happened and can justify the way shit went down is dead in my book anyway. Homerism is fine, blind ignorance to justify a crook and liar isn't. There are several in this situation from Schultz to Bennett and then Stern along with the whole approvale commitee for the sale.

That doesn't even include Seattle city council and Mayor Greg Nichols.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
NoChops":3c937fqz said:
call me when stern retires. till then I'm still not watching or putting one dime in Clay's boytoy buttbuddie

His retirement is scheduled for less than 13 months from now. Hopefully you can pick up the revived Sonics in the middle of their first season back.

dunceface

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":fme6b0w9 said:
dunceface":fme6b0w9 said:

It would be better if people stopped engaging it even before then. Not that I don't understand the temptation to fire away at it.

Why didnt I think of that??! :lol:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Dave Softy Mahler @Softykjr
Whoa. RT @derekbelt: Isaiah Thomas told source the Kings were told after practice the selling of the team was true. Thomas: "Deal is done."

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":gtrr1gq9 said:
Come on, get this done!! It's getting boring whooping up on the Huskies. Oregon needs another Washington product to beat up on! :)

That's cute, young lady

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ky8ivaj said:
Look, how about this. Every time the Thunder lose to the Sonics, I'll start a thread in the shack to eat crow and let you all unload. In the meantime, you agree to allow me to freely discuss the NBA and/or the Thunder in a non-trolling manner at various points throughout the NBA season. Deal?

You've always been free to discuss the NBA and Thunder in a non-trolling manner.

slipwax

Reaction score
With the Seahawks coming off a big win against the redskins and heading to Atlanta, who woulda thought this week could get more exciting? These rumors sure sound legit. I'm so pumped

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Throwdown":54xgsgk9 said:
JSeahawks":54xgsgk9 said:
Come on, get this done!! It's getting boring whooping up on the Huskies. Oregon needs another Washington product to beat up on! :)

That's cute, young lady

It's just that Oregon inferiority complex coming out again.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
dunceface":untwpb1s said:

I have had that tool on ignore since he began running his mouth about the SuperSonics.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1p5cac0g said:
Dave Softy Mahler @Softykjr
Whoa. RT @derekbelt: Isaiah Thomas told source the Kings were told after practice the selling of the team was true. Thomas: "Deal is done."

Hell yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts