What makes our CB's so great?

rideaducati

Reaction score
SoCalFalconFan":3m9dnzkw said:
Hello Seahawks fans. First post here.

The Falcons and Seahawks secondaries are very similar in production and swagger. Here are the season stats:

ATL - 323 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 17 INTs, 53 PDs, 2 FFs, 4 FRs
SEA - 293 tackles, 1.0 sacks, 14 INTs, 45 PDs, 9 FFs, 6 FRs

When looking at the comparison, it's difficult to understand how the media is only talking about Seattle's pass defense. But, as Falcons fans, we've had to suck it up and deal with the national disrespect that has come in the wake of failing in the last three playoff appearances.

I believe this game will be tougher than many of you are thinking. I expect it to be an all out war. I love the playoffs! Good luck, and here's to zero injuries and a hell of a battle!

Thanks for granting me access to your boards. I've learned a lot about your team over the last couple of days by browsing around this place.

SoCal

It's not difficult for me to see why the media isn't talking about the Falcon pass defense. I just looked at their schedules and the QBs they intercepted. Let me say, not too impressive.

keepertd

Reaction score
rideaducati":f746dmq7 said:
SoCalFalconFan":f746dmq7 said:

The Falcons and Seahawks secondaries are very similar in production and swagger. Here are the season stats:

When looking at the comparison, it's difficult to understand how the media is only talking about Seattle's pass defense. But, as Falcons fans, we've had to suck it up and deal with the national disrespect that has come in the wake of failing in the last three playoff appearances.

I believe this game will be tougher than many of you are thinking. I expect it to be an all out war. I love the playoffs! Good luck, and here's to zero injuries and a hell of a battle!

Thanks for granting me access to your boards. I've learned a lot about your team over the last couple of days by browsing around this place.

SoCal

It's not difficult for me to see why the media isn't talking about the Falcon pass defense. I just looked at their schedules and the QBs they intercepted. Let me say, not too impressive.

:lol: both mannings, and drew brees (you know the 5 interceptions he threw, (the last coming after a play he had just thrown an interception but called back due to penalty)..yea some pretty terrible qb's :roll:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
For Sherman, it's his hip work. He doesn't really have to play catch-up with his assignments. Most corners can't do it as well as he can. Add everything else he's good at, and...

acbass

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":eduj1syk said:
Earl Thomas.
I think this is very true. ET makes their jobs a lot easier. They both are well coached and usually in the right position, but I'm telling you, ET makes a TON of difference.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":8z4zrh2y said:
You know how sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield? Sherm and Browner are always the windshield.

IDK, Sherm seems to bug everybody, heheheh.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
keepertd":1rzetcom said:
rideaducati":1rzetcom said:
SoCalFalconFan":1rzetcom said:

SoCal

:lol: both mannings, and drew brees (you know the 5 interceptions he threw, (the last coming after a play he had just thrown an interception but called back due to penalty)..yea some pretty terrible qb's :roll:

You played the broncos week 2 so Peyton hadn't reached his normal playing potential yet...I had Eli in fantasy and the dude was hot and frigid cold all year. He had consecutive games where he gave me 4 points as my starting QB then he'd bust out for 40 ...dude was schizophrenic this year...I'll give you credit for Brees

But I'd rather see any of those QBs rather than Brady and Aaron Roger both who had greater weapons to throw too and half the Interceptions than Brees this year.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Scottemojo":qew3plpf said:
People like to call them shut down corners, but they aren't. They aren't Darelle Revis, you don't get to put them on the best receiver and just forget he exists.

Disagree. Sherman is shutdown.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1aaawr17 said:
Scottemojo":1aaawr17 said:
People like to call them shut down corners, but they aren't. They aren't Darelle Revis, you don't get to put them on the best receiver and just forget he exists.

Not schematically. You are looking at results to define, I am looking at the fact that they do not iso him all the time, and certainly he only plays one side of the field.

amill87

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1d8l5s89 said:
T-Sizzle":1d8l5s89 said:
Scottemojo":1d8l5s89 said:

Not schematically. You are looking at results to define, I am looking at the fact that they do not iso him all the time, and certainly he only plays one side of the field.

The term shutdown corner doesn't necessarily mean a certain type of style from a corner, it means they shut down whoever they cover.

Browner is not a shut down corner but Sherman without a doubt is. Teams don't throw at him. He literally shuts down whoever is across from him.

If Revis does it with a different style but Sherman still doesn't allow receptions (and therefore results) just as the same as Revis, how are they any different?