Richard Sherman thinks Falcons have best tandem in league

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-league/

“I would think so,” Sherman said Wednesday. “They’re two of the best in the league. They’re two of the best out there right now as individuals. For a tandem they’re probably the top tandem out there.”

The match-up of White and Jones against Sherman and Brandon Browner will be one of the most intriguing positional battles of the weekend. Which tandem is more effective on Sunday could go a long way in determining who earns the spot in the NFC Championship game. As always, Sherman is eager for the challenge.

“It’s going to be a fun match-up for us. It’s fun to play against good players. Good against good is always the best kind of game,” Sherman said.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• What! No trash talk? Lame!
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• I agree...the Legion of Boom will have its hands full, but I don't doubt they're up to the task.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• He's right, IMO. Should be great entertainment to watch these guys go against each other.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I would say that too, after being slapped in the face for talking crap
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• TalonHawk wrote:I would say that too, after being slapped in the face for talking crap

Oh, please. :roll:
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• TalonHawk wrote:I would say that too, after being slapped in the face for talking crap

Which is why you obviously don't have what it takes to play professional sports...
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Dang i was kinda hoping for a sherm vs roddy DIVA-BATTLE!!!
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• He doesnt start the beef,
    He finishes it.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• dunceface wrote:He doesnt start the beef,
    He finishes it.

ZACKLEE.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• If Roddy comes out and says something about how he doesn't even know who Richard Sherman is like Garcon did w/ Browner then Sherman will respond. If you actually ever paid attention, Sherman is probably one of the most respectful guys about his opponent. He's just got a chip on his shoulder the size of Mt Everest and feels he's the best CB in the game right now. His play this year has backed it up for the most part. People can cherry pick soundbites all they want to try and justify their hate. We all know though that their hate is just thinly veiled jealousy. You wish you had Richard Sherman on your squad doing what he does on game day.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• Lol oh please? lol, I have never heard Sherman be so quiet before a game.
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• TalonHawk wrote:Lol oh please? lol, I have never heard Sherman be so quiet before a game.

lol that's because you weren't paying attention. lol.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:
    TalonHawk wrote:Lol oh please? lol, I have never heard Sherman be so quiet before a game.

lol that's because you weren't paying attention. lol.

zacklee lol
    Last edited by dunceface on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I would have to agree with Sherm here.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Sherman doesn't just talk mess... he waits to be given a reason. The thing about Sherm is not only he the best player on the field, but the smartest. Don't hate.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• TalonHawk wrote:Lol oh please? lol, I have never heard Sherman be so quiet before a game.

Its hard to "pay attention" to mute. lol im as hard of a Seahawk fan as all of you. Just find it funny how the tuner has somehow changed to an uknown channel.
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• "Sherman doesn't just talk mess"

Lol your funny
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Im having a hard time believing that you are actually laughing out loud that much...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• he's not a Hawks fan.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:he's not a Hawks fan.

That much is obvious LAWLZ
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• lol
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I am. Kind of funny to see non humble hawks fans after all the years. I guess im just more realistic.
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• LOL LOL we will see. I love my Hawks, but I bet we lose this weekend. Does that make me less of a fan then our originator Aros? Pretty sure he predicted a loss too. He must not be a hawks fan either. I'll be back to eat my crow if we win. I'll even create an avatar to whatever you all vote to if we win.
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• As a Hawks fan it has been apparent throughout the season that Sherman does not typically go out looking for fights, but when someone else pops off he does not hold back.
    It is odd to have someone take the side of the victims (the rest of the league) and imply that he is an instigator
    So forgive us for lumping you in with the rest of the crybabies saying that Sherman hurt their feelings lol
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• They are the best tandem
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

• TalonHawk wrote:
    TalonHawk wrote:Lol oh please? lol, I have never heard Sherman be so quiet before a game.

Its hard to "pay attention" to mute. lol im as hard of a Seahawk fan as all of you. Just find it funny how the tuner has somehow changed to an uknown channel.

If you had been paying attention...but, alas, it's obvious you haven't been, you can find that Sherm normally isn't the instigator. Tom Brady responded to an interview question about the challenge he faced having to playing in front of the 12th man and he repsonded with how he 'love's to turn the home crowd against their own team' buy getting a large lead and listening to the boos. That's what got Sherman going. And that's only one example. Washinton's players set out to get under our guys' skin both in the media prior to the game and definitely DURING the game. Sherman definitely wouldn't be on 'mute' if White and Jones were talking shite right now. I will say he does go right to the edge with it at times though. He was telling Garcon 'you suck' during the Skins game LOL!
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Killa Kam wrote:They are the best tandem

Love the avatar.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• The fact that Sherm acknowledges the fact that Atlanta has the best WR tandem out right now speaks volumes. It means that he is ready and that they are not buying into the hype that we should simply roll them like a bum this Sunday. I would be more worried if he wasn't a bit respectful as usual when speaking about great players, because then he would vastly underestimate them this game, and we definitely don't want that.
    Tokadub wrote:I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• "So forgive us for lumping you in with the rest of the crybabies saying that Sherman hurt their feelings lol"

I dont see how I am beeing a cry baby. Enlighten me?! Lol Sherman is a punk. He is the guy that will flabber his mouth, whether or not someone else is, and I will admit he backs it up on the field. I am not saying anything is wrong with the punk, just saying... well he's a punk. Get off my jock, it's an opinon ;). You can lump me all you want *no homo.
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• HawKnPeppa wrote:
    TalonHawk wrote:

If you had been paying attention...but, alas, it's obvious you haven't been, you can find that Sherm normally isn't the instigator. Tom Brady responded to an interview question about the challenge he faced having to playing in front of the 12th man and he repsonded with how he 'love's to turn the home crowd against their own team' buy getting a large lead and listening to the boos. That's what got Sherman going. And that's only one example. Washinton's players set out to get under our guys' skin both in the media prior to the game and definitely DURING the game. Sherman definitely wouldn't be on 'mute' if White and Jones were talking shite right now. I will say he does go right to the edge with it at times though. He was telling Garcon 'you suck' during the Skins game LOL!

hmm... not so sure I ever remember pointing out the Tom Brady remembrence. Must have! You want to back up what you are speaking, well then mister, lets see Sherman back his talk up this weekend. Personally, (opinionated) don't see it happening. PLEASE GOD PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Richard hasn't started shit with anyone except Douchbaugh. Everyone else was in response to others.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

• TalonHawk wrote:"So forgive us for lumping you in with the rest of the crybabies saying that Sherman hurt their feelings lol"

I dont see how I am beeing a cry baby. Enlighten me?! Lol Sherman is a punk. He is the guy that will flabber his mouth, whether or not someone else is, and I will admit he backs it up on the field. I am not saying anything is wrong with the punk, just saying... well he's a punk. Get off my jock, it's an opinon ;). You can lump me all you want *no homo.

Make up your mind :141847_bnono: ....your Post earlier this year you said this about Sherman "Becoming my favorite Seahawk Player". In reference to him talking smack to the league.
    AirForceSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• AirForceSeahawk wrote:
    TalonHawk wrote:"So forgive us for lumping you in with the rest of the crybabies saying that Sherman hurt their feelings lol"

Make up your mind :141847_bnono: ....your Post earlier this year you said this about Sherman "Becoming my favorite Seahawk Player". In reference to him talking smack to the league.

Coming from Oct? Hey bro we are three months thru this post. But congrats on the Mr. Inspector Gadget award. lol. Unfortunately for you, I have changed my perception from Sherman talking as a team, to just being downright not so smart. Look, you all can keep firing at me left and right, and even a headshot if you please, but im just calling a game where our secondary will get downright beat, and cost us the game. It's no more then any of you predicting a loss, but more specific. Its a prediction, nothing more. I look forward to hearing your thoughts, but to say that im "whining", or "not making up my mind" is just jumping to conclussions. If it makes you all feel better.... Sea:14 Atl: 27. Reason: Secondary gives up multiple big plays. There now its a prediction, just like multiple others. ONCE AGAIN, I hope by all accounts I am wrong, but it's just a gut feeling I have.
    TalonHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• TalonHawk wrote:LOL LOL we will see. I love my Hawks, but I bet we lose this weekend. Does that make me less of a fan then our originator Aros? Pretty sure he predicted a loss too. He must not be a hawks fan either. I'll be back to eat my crow if we win. I'll even create an avatar to whatever you all vote to if we win.

TalonHawk wrote:im just calling a game where our secondary will get downright beat, and cost us the game. It's no more then any of you predicting a loss, but more specific. Its a prediction, nothing more.

From the quotes above, it makes it seem like you're pretty enthusiastic about us losing. That seems a little different than just predicting a loss to what is a good team.
    BobcatHawk
    NET Starter

• Sherman is mann, love his attitude, love his smack talk, don't care if it's provoked or not. Dude has a huge chip on his shoulder, and doesn't back down from anyone. He is highly intelligent and eloquent in his speech my brother. Very glad to have him on our team.

On topic, yeah the Falcons have the best dual threat at receiver of any NFL team right now. BB and Ringworm have their work cut out for them and better bring their a-game, I am more concerned about Browner tbh. Those guys are to be respected, but not feared, fear is the mind killer.
    Rose City Hawk
    NET Veteran

• BobcatHawk wrote:
    TalonHawk wrote:LOL LOL we will see. I love my Hawks, but I bet we lose this weekend. Does that make me less of a fan then our originator Aros? Pretty sure he predicted a loss too. He must not be a hawks fan either. I'll be back to eat my crow if we win. I'll even create an avatar to whatever you all vote to if we win.

TalonHawk wrote:im just calling a game where our secondary will get downright beat, and cost us the game. It's no more then any of you predicting a loss, but more specific. Its a prediction, nothing more.

From the quotes above, it makes it seem like you're pretty enthusiastic about us losing. That seems a little different than just predicting a loss to what is a good team.

Yeah, I think he's just trying to infuriate .net. Probably best if he is just ignored.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Hawken-Dazs wrote:What! No trash talk? Lame!

Sherman always has nice things to say about wideouts he has respect for. He had similar comments prior to facing Megatron and Fitzgerald. It's only the punk-ass lesser talents talking mess (Garçon) that he saves his trash-talking for.
    BWRyan
    NET Veteran

• I'm going to go off on a limb right now, and say...I'm not worried at all about our 2 DBs against their 2 WRs. I've seen their numbers, heard/seen what they are capable of, and recognize how good they are. But, I really don't give a *snip* about any of that.

I think we have the BEST corner backs int he league, and having a game under BBs belt coming off suspension, I'm confident in my boys to shut down anything these two ATL WRs try and do.

Flame away if you want, I honestly don't care. Screw the numbers, screw this debate. HAWKS ALL DAY. They WILL prove it Sunday, even if they lose...25 and 39 won't be the reason. Good thing, that will be a non issue.

BTW, I thought this was a Seahawks forum. This is playoffs dammit, give them NOTHING. Listing stats, and giving props is CUTE and all, but don't think for one second a single person in the 'hawks locker room is thinking they're leaving Georgia without the W. I'm in THAT boat.

I'd like to state again, I have a lot of respect for this organization, it's players, and it's fans. I just have more for the Seattle Seahawks.

In three more days, time is up for Atlanta. Cheers to a GREAT game.

/rant

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• BWRyan wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:What! No trash talk? Lame!

Sherman always has nice things to say about wideouts he has respect for. He had similar comments prior to facing Megatron and Fitzgerald. It's only the punk-ass lesser talents talking mess (Garçon) that he saves his trash-talking for.

Yep. The only time he starts talking trash is when they dish it out first. He has a lot of great things to say to other players, before and after games. Sherman speaks his mind, no matter what. No blowing smoke up anyone's ass, no holding back from the way he feels.

Watch the end of the Mic'ed Up segment when he's talking to RGIII, if you need further proof. He's always been a really good guy and has a lot of nice things to say about guys. Just don't talk smack to him because he's going to dish it right back at you and then back it up on the field. And he's right about the Falcons' receivers. They're a very solid tandem.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * Natural Rubbing Action *

• The Falcons have the most physical WR tandem in the league, and the Seahawks have the most physical CB tandem in the league. This'll be the matchup (passing-wise) of the year.
    Falcan Moore
    NET Practice Squad

• morgulon1 wrote:
    Killa Kam wrote:They are the best tandem

Love the avatar.

Except that is browner. Doesn't totally fit the name.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• TalonHawk wrote:
    AirForceSeahawk wrote:
    TalonHawk wrote:"So forgive us for lumping you in with the rest of the crybabies saying that Sherman hurt their feelings lol"

Coming from Oct? Hey bro we are three months thru this post. But congrats on the Mr. Inspector Gadget award. lol. Unfortunately for you, I have changed my perception from Sherman talking as a team, to just being downright not so smart. Look, you all can keep firing at me left and right, and even a headshot if you please, but im just calling a game where our secondary will get downright beat, and cost us the game. It's no more then any of you predicting a loss, but more specific. Its a prediction, nothing more. I look forward to hearing your thoughts, but to say that im "whining", or "not making up my mind" is just jumping to conclussions. If it makes you all feel better.... Sea:14 Atl: 27. Reason: Secondary gives up multiple big plays. There now its a prediction, just like multiple others. ONCE AGAIN, I hope by all accounts I am wrong, but it's just a gut feeling I have.

It's not just a gut feeling. Your posts indicate you want it to happen so that someone shuts Sherman up. Go away.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• TalonHawk wrote:
    AirForceSeahawk wrote:

Forgive me for feeding the troll, but I think we all know who the punk is in this situation. And, it isn't that the punk is predicting a loss, but that he is talking s#%* about one of our best players without having any facts or even general football knowledge to back it up. Regardless what you think of him, at least Sherman knows what he is doing and what he is talking about...
    Last edited by sam1313 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I smell something fishy with ole talonhawk... either he's a delusional fairweather fan, or it's pichachoo back for round two....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Sherman doesn't just talk mess... he waits to be given a reason. The thing about Sherm is not only he the best player on the field, but the smartest. Don't hate.

Sherman is so smart that Albert Einstein called asking Sherman to review his work

Sherman is so smart that NASA have started asking him to check to make sure they got the conversion from the metric system done right

Sherman is so smart that both Obama and Romney called him before the election to make sure their budget deficit numbers were correct

The NHL was on its way to cancel the entire season until Richard Sherman stepped in and suggested a path forward

The Fiscal Cliff would already be here if Sherman hadn't studied and solved the issues during the downtime of the Buffalo game
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• I don't remember Sherman ever talking crap and giving the other team any motivation before games, he's smarter than that. Now once the game starts I'm sure he's in their ear but that's his game. And he's right - they do have the best tandem set of WR in the league, now we have to stop them for a game. Should be awesome to watch.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Sherman is 100 percent correct

ATL's receiving tandem is deadly
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• TalonHawk wrote:"So forgive us for lumping you in with the rest of the crybabies saying that Sherman hurt their feelings lol"

SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Kill Em with kindness Sherman !
    If They Pass On You, Pass on Them !
    Okungfu
    NET Practice Squad

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information