7 of 9 CBS sports "experts" pick Seattle

Cartire

Reaction score
treefidy":1b830liz said:
HawkRiderFan":1b830liz said:
I don't buy the pressure being even in this game, particularly at QB. If the Hawks lose, people talk about Russell Wilson as an up and comer with a great future who alrady won a playoff game on the road in his rookie year. Falcons lose the "hasn't win a playoff game" weight on Matt Ryan's should gets a lot heavier.

This reminds me of last year when the Giants were the 4 seed and went to 15-1 Green Bay Lots of people were calling it a bad matchup for Green Bay and picking the Giants. It seemed weird bsed on the difference in record between the two 2 teams in the regular season. I figured too many people were calling it, didn't buy it and blew any football pool I was in by going with Green Bay. Hoping for a similar result Sunday.

Whichever team loses, doesn't play anymore this season.

To me, that makes the pressure equal.

Thats equal and has always been. Thats a pressure that doesnt even need to be discussed because its even weight on everyones shoulders regardless who you are. But thats not the only pressures. The ones mentioned previously equate to what pressure really is. And lets not forget that Atlantas owner will only tolerate not winning a playoff game for so long. So the pressure is most definitely on matt and mike.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The #1 seeds only have a .440 winning percent in the divisional round over the last 7 years (I think that's what I saw on ESPN this morning.) The Falcons have to know this, too. These games are turning into coin flips.

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
I think that's a mistake I personalty think we are going to lose this game by a close margin. ATL is just to powerful for us. If I'm wrong than I will be happy to be on here and face everyone

jlwaters1

Reaction score
treefidy":2olji1lq said:
I don't buy into the pressure argument.

It's the NFL Divisional Round Playoffs. Both teams have pressure.

Seattle has the pressure of living up to the favorite roll. The pressure of having to win on the road against a #1 seed in one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. The pressure of a rookie quarterback playing against a top 5 defense in said enviorment. The pressure of hassling Matt Ryan with their leading DE out. The pressure of starting Ryan Longwell and expecting him to make big kicks in the playoffs. The pressure of their DBs living up to their expectations against the best receiving core in the NFL.

There's pressure both ways. There's no house money argument here. You lose, you lose everything for the season. It's one and done, not lose all your money and try again later.
It will be a good game.

I agree the "house money" argument is ridiculous. The Seahawks lose, season over. I guarantee you every player doesn't feel "lucky" to be in this situation. They expect to win and to advance to NFC Championship game just as the Falcons do.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Top 5 defense, Treefidy? Please. You were 5th in points allowed per game, but every other metric in the world has you lower. 12th, if I recall correctly, per Football Outsiders.

Largent80

Reaction score
treefidy":3ff7x2ah said:
I don't buy into the pressure argument.

It's the NFL Divisional Round Playoffs. Both teams have pressure.

Seattle has the pressure of living up to the favorite roll. The pressure of having to win on the road against a #1 seed in one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. The pressure of a rookie quarterback playing against a top 5 defense in said enviorment. The pressure of hassling Matt Ryan with their leading DE out. The pressure of starting Ryan Longwell and expecting him to make big kicks in the playoffs. The pressure of their DBs living up to their expectations against the best receiving core in the NFL.

There's pressure both ways. There's no house money argument here. You lose, you lose everything for the season. It's one and done, not lose all your money and try again later.

It will be a good game.

Whatever you want to buy does not matter. The facts are, you are expected to win, have home field throughout and have a gigantic monkey on your back, and that is undeniable pressure.

Us?.....we have the youngest team in the league and the future is bright no matter the outcome. HUGE difference.

Reaction score
The players on both sides are probably feeling the same (except the QB's). Atlanta's coaching staff and front office are more likely to feel the pressure. Wilson is playing with house money, compared to Ryan. A privledge of being a 3rd round rookie.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2s5zfrq4 said:
I don't get Pete Prisco. A couple of times this year, he picked us and was in the vast minority; and a number of times he has picked against us and again been in the vast minority. :229031_shrug:

What's the pattern there?