Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":qc51bnki said:
dunceface":qc51bnki said:
SEATOWN81 FOR THE WIN!!!!

Serious win.

Your two posts on the subject were fantastic SeaTown. Well put.
X3. Peaches just got the red ass! :mrgreen:
Love the passion Seatown!
:th2thumbs:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The Maloofs are freakin' crazy.

They want to sell it (for above value).... but retain some ability to help run the franchise?

Uuummm, what would be the point of buying it then with the crazy ex-owners creepy around?

It would be like buying a beautiful $500,000 home but the old owners keeping a set of keys and just wandering in whenever they like to help themselves to whatever's in your kitchen, using your bathroom and enjoying your TV.

Those dudes are nuts.

RampagingMice

Reaction score
Welcome to the magical and mystical world of Maloofery, where up is down, black is white, and you spend YEARS shedding salary for the big splash free agent acquisition...Aaron Brooks.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Guy on sonicsrising made a really good point. Why would you sell something if you want to maintain control of it? Because you have to. I doubt the Maloofs can afford to hold out. Playing poker with Hansen and Ballmer won't end well for them.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Just as an addendum, if I had my druthers I'd rather see Seattle get an expansion team like the NFL did with the Browns but if it's gotta be the Kings, so be it.

Please make it so gods of the NBA :180670:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
If I'm Hanson & Co., I hold out and re-offer in a bit for $400M. The Maloofs don't have the stones or the resources to play hardball.

And no, I don't want them running the concession stands. I'd rather have the stands operating in the black, thank you very much.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Oklahoma REALLY wants to believe they didnt rip off a team from a great city. Their delusion is just sad at this point.

BASO9P3CAAE8G2O

Throwdown

Reaction score
This sale isn't gonna happen if the Maloofs keep effing around, lord these dudes are clowns.

chris98251

Reaction score
pinksheets":1krw16do said:
Guy on sonicsrising made a really good point. Why would you sell something if you want to maintain control of it? Because you have to. I doubt the Maloofs can afford to hold out. Playing poker with Hansen and Ballmer won't end well for them.

Considering the Maloofs are owners or partners in the Palms getting out played in Poker would be a new take on things for them.

In fact I think they look at it as playing with house money, they get 450 million dollars, someone else takes the heat, they get to maintain their Ego's and play owners as well as have the ability to create chaos block anything and steal spotlight when something comes up. The prestige of ownership is still there with now risks and they get all the bills paid.

If I'm Hansen I walk away from the table for couple weeks and let public opinion beat up the Maloofs before coming back. Or let the NBA leverage a bit more on them and play some dirty parlor tricks hoping that some of the debts are all of a sudden called in.

Besides after sitting at a rigged table with Bennett and Schultz we know dirty poker and a rigged game now. Won't get fooled again on that level.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I think the Maloofs all but a small share of the Palms. They are awful, awful businessmen with a horrible track record. They're playboys (and girls I suppose) who have been living off of daddy's money and assets their whole lives and dwindling it down to the point that the Kings are all they have of any value left. Hansen and Ballmer are likely their one shot to make a deal that both solves their debt problems and gives them a nice overhead to invest in their other pursuits.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I could see Hansen bending a bit honestly, he did when negotiating with those clowns on the SCC when they tried to bend him over and he just let em cop a feel.

drdiags

Reaction score
There is no pressure to negotiate in earnest yet for Hansen. March 1st is the day that any franchise relocations have to be filed. Maloofs can posture for awhile, but if this is going to happen the sale has to be approved and relocation filed to make it worth Hansen/Balmer time to do the deal. I figure there is about a month and a half before the door is closed on this. Unless the approval process takes longer in order to vet Hansen and the other ownership folks.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
drdiags":36ta0r9s said:
There is no pressure to negotiate in earnest yet for Hansen. March 1st is the day that any franchise relocations have to be filed. Maloofs can posture for awhile, but if this is going to happen the sale has to be approved and relocation filed to make it worth Hansen/Balmer time to do the deal. I figure there is about a month and a half before the door is closed on this. Unless the approval process takes longer in order to vet Hansen and the other ownership folks.

Even with a deal worked out after March first, while it would mean another Sonic-less year for Seattle, it would also mean only one year (probably) they'd have to play in Key arena before the new stadium was built. And they'd have more time to hammer out some of the details that would be hurried doing it this year. If I'm Hansen, I wait it out and make the Maloofs come around. He holds all the cards.

dunceface

Reaction score
This is probably exactly why George Magoof said they are not close...

strohmin

Reaction score
I wouldn't blame Hansen from walking away from this deal while giving the dumb **** Maloofs a big "**** YOU!"

Hansen does not have to do even a single thing more than everything he has already done. Even if it takes longer to get a team, I don't want that dumb **** Maloof circus anywhere near the sonics organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts