Kings/Sonics Roster

Tical21

Reaction score
Cousins is a very unique talent. 33 and 20 the other night. He isn't a guy you ship off. He is a guy that you try to coach up first.

Evans is talented but pounds the rock wayyyyy too much. Everybody else ends up watching.

I know there are a lot of "pieces", but let us be honest, this is a one-player team. There isn't really anybody else that would be a starter on a playoff team, and only a guy or two that would even make a rotation of a good squad. There are years and years of building in the future.

But who cares? I'm going to watch every game regardless and root my butt off. They'll be good someday.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hell yeah. The years of Seahawks rebuilding is now paying off. I remember watching Payton and Kemp when they were raw babies. The big payoff is when the team emerges and starts doing damage in the playoffs and you're all like: "How far can these guys go?"

mistaowen

Reaction score
I know the Celtics have been very interested in getting Cousins who acts like a 10 year old. Him being on a team of almost all veterans could probably help him grow up and would net the Kings/Sonics some serious trade compensation. Rumors of Rondo being moved are coming up again but he comes up at every trade deadline so who knows what would be involved.

Kings current roster is pretty young with solid potential. Tyreke Evans can be an allstar when he wants. I am a huge Kansas fan so I know all about Thomas Robinson and he will be a star. His heart/head are in the right place. For an up and coming team the Sonics will get a pretty solid team.

Throwdown

Reaction score
There's nothing on the celtics that would make a trade for Cousins worth it, Rondos not going anywhere I don't think.

I saw my boy Jeff Green is doing nicely in Boston though this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
I gut the Roster except for guys that can play roles, I unlike any Seattle team before find a legitimate Center while you either have lottery picks or something to trade with. No stick men with maybes. Fastest way to get a franchise off the ground and stay competitive is a Center to build around.

Not saying finding one is easy but with players and or draft picks while you have the ammo and are really bad.

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":i4ocfnqx said:
I gut the Roster except for guys that can play roles, I unlike any Seattle team before find a legitimate Center while you either have lottery picks or something to trade with. No stick men with maybes. Fastest way to get a franchise off the ground and stay competitive is a Center to build around.

Not saying finding one is easy but with players and or draft picks while you have the ammo and are really bad.

That Center part is already taken care of, give Cousins a coach whos worth a damn and he's that guy.

soohawk

Reaction score
first off, get a new coach. you can just fire westphal or whoever cousins is fighting with now and get a real coach. they haven't had a good coach for tyrekes entire career, same for cousins and robinson needs guidance too. Spend the money and get someone with vision and a respected voice.

Cousins is a blue chip center, you only regret trading those. He will get a new scene up in seattle and a fresh start to go with roster changes/ money infusion to the franchise and im sure a lot of other things that will make him happy. Evans is a massive talent who needs to be put in a proper role on any team but he should or one would hope have a good to decent return in a trade to kick start a proper build around cousins-robinson downlow.

they have a few decent guards/role players too but churning the roster and buying some draft picks off cap strapped teams would do wonders to turn the roster into a competitive team night in and night out. Unfortunately they play in the western conference with the lakers/mavs/clips/everyone who ends up with high 20's draft picks or has to sell every year won't want to look to help a youthful team retool/rebuild into something special.

kick jimmer fredette off the team, guys a bum.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":1o03a25h said:
chris98251":1o03a25h said:

That Center part is already taken care of, give Cousins a coach whos worth a damn and he's that guy.

Greg Oden says he wants to come back for next season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bring back Nate as coach, this way he can kick the crap out of the Blazers :)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":3nstaz1s said:

Enjoy having him take out and rest any player who makes two shots in a row, God fobid you get somebody hot.

I l LOVED Nate as a coach when Roy and Aldridge were rookies and young fella's learning how to be pro's. Nate was the perfect coach to mold them into professionals. So he'd probably be excellent for a guy like Demarcus Cousins.

I HATED Nate as a coach once our players were solid professionals and we were making the playoffs. I felt like he did just as much to hold them back at this time as he did to help them forward in their young years. I was very thankful when we parted ways. Although I do REALLY respect and like Nate as a man.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I wonder if Hanson group would get a new coach right away or wait until the team is in Seattle. I don't think it's the trading deadline yet. A new regiem could make some moves and take a shot at a playoff run. God only knows what damage the Maloofs are doing to hold the team back. It could be a nice parting gift for Sac fans, although it would give them a target of vent standing there at the bench - the figurehead of the group that is stealing their team.

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":360f3z3d said:
chris98251":360f3z3d said:

Enjoy having him take out and rest any player who makes two shots in a row, God fobid you get somebody hot.

I l LOVED Nate as a coach when Roy and Aldridge were rookies and young fella's learning how to be pro's. Nate was the perfect coach to mold them into professionals. So he'd probably be excellent for a guy like Demarcus Cousins.

I HATED Nate as a coach once our players were solid professionals and we were making the playoffs. I felt like he did just as much to hold them back at this time as he did to help them forward in their young years. I was very thankful when we parted ways. Although I do REALLY respect and like Nate as a man.

I beleive that with a GM that understands systems and works with the coach he would be great. To many GM's try to be too smart and get what they think is a steal or a guy that may be great at one thing but suck at another in a specific offense and defense. Nate always preached defense and then offense with movement. Guys that are cemented to the ground and have heavy legs don't work well, that or lazy ones that won't be coached and just want to be highlight reel material.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
When is Kevin Durant's contract up? I would SO love for Chris Hansen to overpay and bring him back where he belongs. That would be the ultimate "F YOU" to Bennet and Oklahoma.

Throwdown

Reaction score
BlueThunder":ixyiqrbc said:
When is Kevin Durant's contract up? I would SO love for Chris Hansen to overpay to bring him back where he belongs. That would be the ultimate "F YOU" to Bennet and Oklahoma.

in a long long long time lol I think he signed a 5 year extension in 2011, so in 2 years? and probably won't leave OKC because the teams so talented with Ibaka and Westbrook.

I'm fine without him, I heard Rudy Gay is being involved in trade talks, get him and watch him put a body on Durant! That'd be fun to watch!

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1m4wskls said:
OK -- since I've seen almost no NBA the last 5 years and absolutely no Sacramento King....

Who's any good on their roster?

DeMarcus Cousins looks solid .. I see Isaiah Thomas from UW is there. JImmer was always overrated and I doubt he has much of a future. Anyone know much?

Cousins is hit and miss. On days that he is interested, he can be a beast. Then on other days, he is getting disciplined by their coach.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I have not watched the Kings in a long time since the Sonic days. The most recent thing I remember is they landed Brockman from UW... If the team does come here I will have some catching up to do

Throwdown

Reaction score
Just know that Jimmer Fredette isn't that good, and I'll hate him as much as I hated Luke Ridnour.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
RKDfan":2p1kwsqe said:
No problem guys. I just hope the Seattle fan base supports the team like you support the Seahawks.
You must not be from Seattle if you think we would do anything short of schizoid bedlam for the Sonics.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
mistaowen":2xbngeyj said:
I know the Celtics have been very interested in getting Cousins who acts like a 10 year old. Him being on a team of almost all veterans could probably help him grow up and would net the Kings/Sonics some serious trade compensation. Rumors of Rondo being moved are coming up again but he comes up at every trade deadline so who knows what would be involved.

Kings current roster is pretty young with solid potential. Tyreke Evans can be an allstar when he wants. I am a huge Kansas fan so I know all about Thomas Robinson and he will be a star. His heart/head are in the right place. For an up and coming team the Sonics will get a pretty solid team.
Trading him for picks would also make the Kings (Sonics?) suck temporarilly and get them a high lottery pick. Like how we got (ug) Durant.