Scrubs of the season?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Scrubs of the season?
Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 am
  • Chicago Bears? 7-1 record at the midpoint, miss the playoffs.

Anyone else underperform worse than that?
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Re: Scrubs of the season?
Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 am
  • Giants, Superbowl champs to no playoffs.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:37 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Giants, Superbowl champs to no playoffs.

Yep.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:09 am
  • I'm amazed Jim Schwartz still has a job. I also can't believe we lost to his Lions. They were awful this season. I thought they'd finish 8-8 at the worst.

Eagles belong on this list too. The Dream Team indeed! They might well be if they can cash in on that #4 pick. They weren't even in a strong division, had a lucky win against the Browns and still sucked.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:21 am
  • Detroit is the one for me, the Giants finished 9-7 like last season (although got there playing hot then folding at the end of the season) but Detroit fell off the map with just 4 wins, abysmal coaching job from Schwartz and he should be canned in favor of Lovie Smith but Detroit is full of bad front office people still.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am
  • Arizona was also tops in the league the first four games. Granted, it wasn't a fall from grace from a 7-1 start, but it was a pretty steep fall from one of the highest ranked teams at 4-0 to bottom-of-the-barrel suckatude.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:46 pm
  • Man, there were some monumental disappointments when it's all laid out like that. But I did hear somewhere that 7 out of the 8 teams in the divisional rounds were there last year.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Actually, they were 9-7 both this season and last season. It's not like they had a great year last year or a terrible one this year.

I'd have to go with the Bears, 7-1 start and no playoffs has got to be just crushing.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:00 pm
  • Arizona Cardinals. Dominated the first four weeks. Games weren't even close. Against good teams. Then they mysteriously tank.

Also Washington Redskins. Up 14-0 at home against a team you beat last season with inferior personnel IN SEATTLE...and unable to finish the kill this year once starting QB reinjures himself - and lose starting QB in the process because of both his stubborness and head coaches lack of balls.
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:05 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:Arizona Cardinals. Dominated the first four weeks. Games weren't even close. Against good teams. Then they mysteriously tank.

Also Washington Redskins. Up 14-0 at home against a team you beat last season with inferior personnel IN SEATTLE...and unable to finish the kill this year once starting QB reinjures himself - and lose starting QB in the process because of both his stubborness and head coaches lack of balls.

Actually, the Cardinal's only blewout the the Eagles, the other three games (hawks, pats, phins) were very very close.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:Arizona Cardinals. Dominated the first four weeks. Games weren't even close. Against good teams. Then they mysteriously tank.

Jesus dude....just stop.

I know it sucks to be out of the playoffs but you were never supposed to even have the type of season you ended up having. It's not like you lost to some scrub team in the playoffs, you are throwing these little comments around like your team lost to some inferior team. You should be proud of the season the Redskins had but you lost to a better Seattle team, it's nothing close to being a scrub of the season.

And yeah, like someone else pointed out, the Cards only dominated one game. They got damn lucky in at least two of their wins, it wasn't a mystery, they just ran out of luck. You can't keep counting on other team's players to drop balls in the endzones or kickers to miss makeable field goals. They lived off that last year and the beginning of this year, I predicted in the preseason they would be last in the division and Whiz would be fired because they aren't a good team. Period.

As far as the OP, I gotta go with the Bears and Lions as well. Bears have been a paper champion for years, they somehow look really good occasionally but when crunch time comes, they blow. Lions is pretty self explanatory.
    amill87
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Yup...after falling to 3-6, they win 7 in a row to make the playoffs only to get beat by the lowly Seahawks. What a bunch of scrubs!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:16 am

This isn't actually all that uncommon. Starting 7-1 and missing the playoffs, on the other hand, is exceedingly rare.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:38 am
  • Jim Harbaugh cause he's a douche.

And hopefully Mike Smith for losing another playoff game :34853_tinfoil:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:25 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Arizona was also tops in the league the first four games. Granted, it wasn't a fall from grace from a 7-1 start, but it was a pretty steep fall from one of the highest ranked teams at 4-0 to bottom-of-the-barrel suckatude.

az cardinal trolls were the WORST in that period. that fall from grace was a nosedive. so depressing i didn't even taunt them.
    kanodogg
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information