NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunceface

Reaction score
And if the Maloofs blow this deal there is still hope for an expansion team
As Throw pointed out Stern will have a say in this and as someone else pointed out Stern gets what Stern wants...

dunceface

Reaction score
Im actually staying in Sonora right now so the local news was from Sac and they are def fighting for their team right now and talking about the different ways and owners that would keep the team there...
No new info just a lot of hope from Kings fans and somewhat flippant interviews w the Pike Place fish guys (not flattering)
It all feels very familiar and saddening

chris98251

Reaction score
Well if the story is true about expiration of contracts with sponsers etc and the Maloofs have to play in Arco again how much revenue are they going to get as well as attendence now that this has broke. How many local area companies will want to give money to a team leaving town and that ownership. How hard will it be for the players to show up and give it their all every night in a empty arean with owners wanting to pull out of being responsible for operations.

Waiting a while and letting them have finance a lame year or look at doing it will surely put the pressure on them to deal at some point.

Throwdown

Reaction score
strohmin":wnpyy89c said:
I wouldn't blame Hansen from walking away from this deal while giving the dumb **** Maloofs a big "**** YOU!"

Hansen does not have to do even a single thing more than everything he has already done. Even if it takes longer to get a team, I don't want that dumb **** Maloof circus anywhere near the sonics organization.

This is the closest we've been, you don't walk away til the Maloofs walk away IMO.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
dunceface":1estfh64 said:
Im actually staying in Sonora right now so the local news was from Sac and they are def fighting for their team right now and talking about the different ways and owners that would keep the team there...
No new info just a lot of hope from Kings fans and somewhat flippant interviews w the Pike Place fish guys (not flattering)
It all feels very familiar and saddening

They're fighting for their team? Whatever, they're losing their team because they don't deserve them and they're bad fans! Right guys? :sarcasm_off:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Here's a thought that I've had a few times over the last little bit since this story was leaked. Maybe the deal's done. Complete. Finished. Signed and everything. Why? It's simple. Nobody wanted this leaked in the first place, and I'm guessing they were pretty pissed that it was leaked. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants anyone to watch the remaining Kings season knowing they're done for and dead in the water until the absolute last second. There could be a ton of behind-the-scenes stuff happening that will move this sale along quicker when it's finally announced, but until then, they don't want to say anything because of the effect it will have on the team and league. Just a hunch, but we may see the sale and petition to move done at the 11th hour. That leak wasn't supposed to happen, and things got well out of hand quickly. Too quickly for how early it still is in the year.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1wjgwz1k said:
Here's a thought that I've had a few times over the last little bit since this story was leaked. Maybe the deal's done. Complete. Finished. Signed and everything. Why? It's simple. Nobody wanted this leaked in the first place, and I'm guessing they were pretty pissed that it was leaked. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants anyone to watch the remaining Kings season knowing they're done for and dead in the water until the absolute last second. There could be a ton of behind-the-scenes stuff happening that will move this sale along quicker when it's finally announced, but until then, they don't want to say anything because of the effect it will have on the team and league. Just a hunch, but we may see the sale and petition to move done at the 11th hour. That leak wasn't supposed to happen, and things got well out of hand quickly. Too quickly for how early it still is in the year.

It would've had to have happened in the middle of the season regardless, March is the deadline to apply for relocation in the NBA. I think the news came out a bit prematurely, these types of things never come out until theyre finalized normally.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Does make sense, I mean the leak itself was so strange, and out of left field. A daughter of a sports agent who tweets about food? wtf

Throwdown

Reaction score
More news, take it however you want, I'll wait until the announcements are made

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2013/1/11 ... al-is-done

I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out.

If thats true, they upped the price $25M to let the Maloofs be pacified enough to keep their stench off the franchise.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
ya in the end i don't think the maloofs are going to own any part of the team. i also think the deal is done. also how well does hansen work in the shadows. effective too.

Throwdown

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3oa0c4kf said:
If this works out, Hansen better never pay for a meal or a drink in Seattle ever again.

He better never come across me, I got $43 to my name.

Unless he wants to go to McDonalds i'll get him a McDouble and large dollar drink.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Jason Puckett ‏@JasonPuckettKJR
Listening online to 95.7 The Game in SF and @MSteinmetzCSN says again, "a deal is done" with Hansen and Sacramento. #SonicsArena #Sonics

They better rush and get that signed, approved and laminated before the Maloofs change their minds.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I really need to check out for awhile

@ChrisDaniels5
RT @Ryan_Lillis: Richard Benvenuti, a limited partner in #NBAKings, tells Bee's @dakasler he has not been told of a sale

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Throwdown":17sg27ke said:
peachesenregalia":17sg27ke said:
If this works out, Hansen better never pay for a meal or a drink in Seattle ever again.

He better never come across me, I got $43 to my name.

Unless he wants to go to McDonalds i'll get him a McDouble and large dollar drink.

Lol it cant be that bad. You have access to a computer and internet

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":29t3838f said:
I really need to check out for awhile

@ChrisDaniels5
RT @Ryan_Lillis: Richard Benvenuti, a limited partner in #NBAKings, tells Bee's @dakasler he has not been told of a sale

Haha, there is going to be nothing official for awhile now. They still need to sell seats (though with the way the season has gone, they might as well make it official). For my money, this is a done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.