NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ktksajw said:
I really need to check out for awhile

@ChrisDaniels5
RT @Ryan_Lillis: Richard Benvenuti, a limited partner in #NBAKings, tells Bee's @dakasler he has not been told of a sale

In other words, this guy hasnt been PERSONALLY told there is an official deal done so he's going to play dumb for now to help encourage fans to buy tix to games.

dunceface

Reaction score
So all of this Twitter back and forth aside, can anyone comment on the validity of the lawsuit the port workers have brought against the Hansen-Ballmer group over the lack of a SEPA study? It seems like I remember them mentioning it as a stipulation in the MOU but don't remember the exact specifics...and wasnt the MOU just an agreement that could still be re-worked if need be, and not a contract? Does the union even have a case?
Couldnt Hansen procure a team, house them in the Key, complete the SEPA and still make adjustments to whatever plan they move ahead with ALL before breaking ground?

chris98251

Reaction score
Thats a minor hurdle I think, as many places has stated if the Mariners are not effecting the Port how can the Basketball team, secondly Hansens group is going to improve most the area to make Trucking better not worse for them. Port will still have the container yards. Only way I think something really happens with the corrupt Port Authourity is if they had planned to move work to Tacoma anyway.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3gmbj9uq said:
Seeing the same thing reported here:

RealGM ‏@RealGM
Unconfirmed Report: Kings To Be Sold For $525M To Seattle Group, Maloofs Completely Out -- http://bit.ly/UbEiFX

I think Hansen could have saved himself 25 large by letting them sweat a day or two more. He has the time.

Man I hope this is true!!!!!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
If true I would think he had a deal that he could get that cancer away completely he did it, after all 25 million at this point isn't a bank breaker. Hell the NBA may have kicked that in just to get the Maloofs out of the league.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol whats funny is now Sacramento peoples are reporting pen to paper happening, and Seattles saying "whoa hold on player"

Pstark3

Reaction score
I know you need money badly... But you claim to love your team, why would you EVER sell to an owner that flat out said he wants to move the team out of the city? I mean thats pretty messed up, money or not

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":29q691e9 said:
Here's a thought that I've had a few times over the last little bit since this story was leaked. Maybe the deal's done. Complete. Finished. Signed and everything. Why? It's simple. Nobody wanted this leaked in the first place, and I'm guessing they were pretty pissed that it was leaked. Nobody, and I mean nobody wants anyone to watch the remaining Kings season knowing they're done for and dead in the water until the absolute last second. There could be a ton of behind-the-scenes stuff happening that will move this sale along quicker when it's finally announced, but until then, they don't want to say anything because of the effect it will have on the team and league. Just a hunch, but we may see the sale and petition to move done at the 11th hour. That leak wasn't supposed to happen, and things got well out of hand quickly. Too quickly for how early it still is in the year.
That seems possible. What seems not so possible is that they could keep it quiet, though. Especially since the maloof bitch is on a reality tv show.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Throwdown":rajpo02a said:
More news, take it however you want, I'll wait until the announcements are made

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2013/1/11 ... al-is-done

I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out.

If thats true, they upped the price $25M to let the Maloofs be pacified enough to keep their stench off the franchise.
God I hope so. I HOPE SO. NO GOD DAMN MALOOFS.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3vsuacf6 said:
Seeing the same thing reported here:

RealGM ‏@RealGM
Unconfirmed Report: Kings To Be Sold For $525M To Seattle Group, Maloofs Completely Out -- http://bit.ly/UbEiFX

I think Hansen could have saved himself 25 large by letting them sweat a day or two more. He has the time.
Wow. For you 25 million is 25 large? For me 25 large would be 25 dollars. :(

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
m0ng0":34xhnaio said:
yay ! Portlands favorite punching bag is alive again :p
Ha ha. Put down that bag of glue, son. :) Although the brain damage has obviously been done.

Pstark3

Reaction score
im getting real F'ing sick of the maloofs right about now. give hansen the team.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Mark Mastrov is gonna need some rich rich friends to match the fire power our guys have. Also another source is saying the.teams been bought by Hansen.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Geez...a lot of names popping up now. Mark Mastrov, founder of 24 hour Fitness. Also Dale Carlsen, CEO of Sleep Train have both made offers to keep Kings in Sacramento. This is gonna be a bumpy ride!

chris98251

Reaction score
Offering and then finding out what it will cost is another. I could see the Maloofs background partnering with these guys to keep their hand in the pie. Buying them still solves nothing due to the Arena, that situation has to be accounted for as well. Hansen is now well into about a Billion Dollars between Arena and Team. Are those guys going to be able to match that. STAYING in Sacramento is the focal point of this I would think. The whole previous arena deal would have to become reality and picked up my these new participants, that still at this stage would include the Maloofs who nixed that deal already.

Maloofs I think are now playing both ends against the middle hoping to land somewhere with ownership portion, a percentage of control and the prestige as well as a nice wad of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.