OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":mk7leo1q said:
PM him them...

Who did you lose to again?

I've moved on from that, what's the point in moving forward when you dwell in the past? You guys seem to want me to dwell in something that can't be changed, but it ain't happening. Besides Bradford does deserve to be where they are at, especially with the fact that they didn't back down from a near impossible challenge that they had, and Liverpool came 2 handballs short of being even more embarrassed.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Theo Walcott is now expected to resign with Arsenal on a 5 year, £90,000 a week deal. Numerous outlets are reporting this, from The Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror, The Guardian, Goal.com to name a couple.

And it also appears that Wesley Sneijder will be turning down the opportunity to play in the EPL and sign with Galatasaray instead.

Aston Villa has joined Wigan and Arsenal as EPL sides to lose to League 2 club Bradford City, the 3-1 result means the Villains have a tough hill to climb if they want to make the Capital One Cup finals when they host The Bantams in the second semifinal leg later this month.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1q9aquvo said:
Theo Walcott is now expected to resign with Arsenal on a 5 year, £90,000 a week deal. Numerous outlets are reporting this, from The Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror, The Guardian, Goal.com to name a couple.

And it also appears that Wesley Sneijder will be turning down the opportunity to play in the EPL and sign with Galatasaray instead.

Aston Villa has joined Wigan and Arsenal as EPL sides to lose to League 2 club Bradford City, the 3-1 result means the Villains have a tough hill to climb if they want to make the Capital One Cup finals when they host The Bantams in the second semifinal leg later this month.

90K for Walcott? but they couldnt keep Fabregas, Nasri or RvP? ... i like Walcott, would have him on Liverpool. but if Im an Arsenal fan Im still scratching my head as to why they felt obligated to meeting Walcott's demands, but were more than happy to see off better players (Nasri being questionable). Weve opined rather poetically the choices of players to seek trophies over cash, but tbf Fabregas and RvP would still be in North London if Arsenal paid them what they wanted. Oh well, better to have him on squad than not.

Speaking of, interesting articles up on ESPN regarding Ferguson's loss of his futures of late, and Wenger's string of players out on loan and still on the books.

Peaches, ISWT.... Next Gen Liverpool beat up on holders Inter yesterday. Apparently outstanding performances from McLaughlin (heir apparent to Glen Johnson), Ibe (another Sterling), and Yesil (very much a Sturridge type player). Strong games from 16 and 17 year olds like Sinclair, California product Pelosi and debutante Rossiter (Fowler tweeted him the "next Gerrard"). Adorjan struggled a bit, and Conor Coady was his usual self (all according to LFCtv... i didnt watch).

Always interesting to hear our Academy progress (recently hailed as second best in the world to Barcelona's). Love that about our club.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":30cttauw said:
90K for Walcott? but they couldnt keep Fabregas, Nasri or RvP? ... i like Walcott, would have him on Liverpool. but if Im an Arsenal fan Im still scratching my head as to why they felt obligated to meeting Walcott's demands, but were more than happy to see off better players (Nasri being questionable). We've opined rather poetically the choices of players to seek trophies over cash, but tbf Fabregas and RvP would still be in North London if Arsenal paid them what they wanted. Oh well, better to have him on squad than not.

Two things come to mind about this deal. Either it is true about the financial restrictions Arsenal's board had being lifted, or Arsenal are finally standing up and keeping their best players. Now 90k does seem a bit steep for someone who has a ton of inconsistent moments like Walcott, so if he does sign it, then he better keep up the form he's been in since Wenger started using him as the up-front striker a bit more and not go back to his showing up for 3 out of every 15 games kind of form. As for the other players Arsenal let go of, we all know that Nasri and RvP obviously are being paid well over 100k, so they wanted more money than what Walcott is asking for, and Fabregas, I feel the main factor was him wanting to play for his boyhood club again and Arsenal were not exactly in a favorable position to convince him to stay cause of that. Walcott is obviously not demanding an absurd amount of money, but it's still a bit much for a player with his playing history.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
What was your favorite Nuri Sahin moment? After a drawn out loan race with Arsenal the Madrid midfielder has been optioned off back to Dortmund in a permanent move with Liverpools blessing.

Such a strange and disappointing term. I was hoping he would help Allen in the 4231 and let Gerrard roam. But one goal, 4 appearances, an apparent injury and questions of effort and ethic in training have led to his departure. Overall not too bothered by it. 90k a week off the books. And for sahin he is back where he started (and probably wishes he never left)

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20ts8sfv said:
What was your favorite Nuri Sahin moment? After a drawn out loan race with Arsenal the Madrid midfielder has been optioned off back to Dortmund in a permanent move with Liverpools blessing.

Such a strange and disappointing term. I was hoping he would help Allen in the 4231 and let Gerrard roam. But one goal, 4 appearances, an apparent injury and questions of effort and ethic in training have led to his departure. Overall not too bothered by it. 90k a week off the books. And for sahin he is back where he started (and probably wishes he never left)

Odd situation all around. Henderson and Lucas preferred over him, so there wasn't much 1st team time to be had. Hopefully we can use some of the freed up funds to bring in some more goal inspiration.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Do you hear that? It's the sound of West Brom and Swansea dropping like a rock. We all kinda knew it was going to happen, but still painful to watch.

You know fellas I wouldn't bet my house on it, but if City beats Arsenal, and Liverpool pull the upset at Old Trafford mighty Arsenal and Liverpool will be tied on points.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
It's a proud day for Stoke's Jonathan Walters: 2 own goals and a missed penalty. It's just a shame that it all happened against Chelsea.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The good and bad of Daniel Sturridge....

After 60 minutes of giving the ball away like it was infested with an STD the Reds finally settled in. The adding of Sturridge changed the attacking ideas of Liverpool. They midfield played with more confidence and began winning the ball easier and finding gaps through the middle zone.

Adding Borini dropped Suarez underneath into a CAM role and the group really looked threatening. I like this option going forward (unless Sneidjer really does come)

Still, wasteful in front cost them a point

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I didn't watch the Arsenal match due to having to work, and somewhat glad I didn't. I'm seriously starting to think about cutting off any and all Arsenal news feeds I'm on cause it's become one of two things, empty promises and "Wenger Out" pricks. It's becoming more and more irritating, more so than Arsenal themselves. And it's no longer reasonable, or sane, to blame a single person for Arsenal's problems because it's really everyone at the club as well as the bastards who turned their backs on Arsenal and left for more money and "to win trophies".

Uncle Si

Reaction score
not sure where to post it, didnt warrant a new thread, but I was just given the top h.s. soccer program in the state yesterday. Very excited.

and now commence twisting Gate's myriad emotions into a nicely wound rubber ball and bouncing them off the pavement....

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15el5mh2 said:
not sure where to post it, didnt warrant a new thread, but I was just given the top h.s. soccer program in the state yesterday. Very excited.

Congrats!

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1typw2p9 said:

Well done! What level have you been coaching until now?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2p0scawr said:
Hawkspur":2p0scawr said:
Uncle Si":2p0scawr said:

Well done! What level have you been coaching until now?

Eight year olds, dude....

You're out of your element, Peaches. Mark it zero.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I am the Jesus!

We have two youth soccer systems here. Basic high school and club. High school is what it is. This is my second program. I had another for 8 years but left it this past season. My new program is different, twice as big, has a club (that I work in) prepping players, has tradition (state titles, etc) so I'm excited, nervous.

I also coach Academy/Premier soccer teams from u12 to u19 for our club.

Both are different. High school is lights, letter jackets, cheerleaders... and 3 months. Club is developing highly competitive players traveling the region, nation and prepping for collegiate (and sometimes professional) levels of play.

Both are involved, different and great in their own way. With this hs team though I inherit a top 3 team each year. Excited

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Chelsea definitely mucked it up today. Drawing with Southampton hurts them, especially seeing as this was their game in hand on the clubs ahead of them.

Man U slipped past West Ham in Rooney's return to action. And Arsenal finally dominated a match from wire to wire and won, albeit it took them 26 shots to score 1 goal, that's a bit frustrating but I can handle it seeing as they didn't screw it up and lost.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Any thoughts on Pep Guardiola signing with Bayern Munich to become their manager after this season ends?

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Gatehawk":34b57m7n said:
Any thoughts on Pep Guardiola signing with Bayern Munich to become their manager after this season ends?

As much as it makes my German club- BVB Dortmund- have to work even that much harder to overtake them on a yearly basis, it is AWESOME news for the Bundesliga.

I love Everton don't get me wrong but the Bundesliga is so far above the EPL in entertainment. The league is doing it right in allowing it's German youth plenty of chances to play. The ticket prices are kept at a reasonable level plus they still have safe standing terraces which I have experienced various times during my travels over there. There is no way you will ever see some rich oil baron or shiekh purchase a team as a toy. The system is set up that it can't happen.

As for Pep, I think he picked a great team for him. The culture there in Munich is one that should work for him.

Much wiser move than going to the cluster%^&& that is Chelsea and going to Money City.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Tattooedseahawk":s6uco4na said:
Gatehawk":s6uco4na said:

As much as it makes my German club- BVB Dortmund- have to work even that much harder to overtake them on a yearly basis, it is AWESOME news for the Bundesliga.

I love Everton don't get me wrong but the Bundesliga is so far above the EPL in entertainment. The league is doing it right in allowing it's German youth plenty of chances to play. The ticket prices are kept at a reasonable level plus they still have safe standing terraces which I have experienced various times during my travels over there. There is no way you will ever see some rich oil baron or shiekh purchase a team as a toy. The system is set up that it can't happen.

As for Pep, I think he picked a great team for him. The culture there in Munich is one that should work for him.

Much wiser move than going to the cluster%^&& that is Chelsea and going to Money City.

I agree with you about the Bundesliga, it is far more entertaining, regardless if it's 1st place versus 2nd place or 1st place versus 20th place.

I also think calling Chelsea and City a clusterf*** only begins to describe it.

Latest posts