NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We ain't getting no team anytime soon...

So the potential hang-up I'm hearing with the sale of the Sacramento Kings is that the Maloofs don't just want to
retain a small percentage of ownership, they still want a voice in how the franchise is run. Their leverage, a source said, is to threaten to take the sweetheart deal still waiting for them in Orange County and, should the other owners not approve the deal out of allegiance to Dr. Buss and the Lakers, take them to court with an anti-trust suit. That is far messier than anybody wants, Maloofs included I suspect, but I also can't see anyone buying the team and still giving the Maloofs any sort of say. The March 1 deadline to file for the rights to play somewhere other than Sacramento next season might be the biggest motivator in all of this

I'm just about finished with my hopes right now.

http://sulia.com/channel/la-sports/f/2b ... ce=twitter

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":wnkdwdft said:
We ain't getting no team anytime soon...

So the potential hang-up I'm hearing with the sale of the Sacramento Kings is that the Maloofs don't just want to
retain a small percentage of ownership, they still want a voice in how the franchise is run. Their leverage, a source said, is to threaten to take the sweetheart deal still waiting for them in Orange County and, should the other owners not approve the deal out of allegiance to Dr. Buss and the Lakers, take them to court with an anti-trust suit. That is far messier than anybody wants, Maloofs included I suspect, but I also can't see anyone buying the team and still giving the Maloofs any sort of say. The March 1 deadline to file for the rights to play somewhere other than Sacramento next season might be the biggest motivator in all of this

I'm just about finished with my hopes right now.

http://sulia.com/channel/la-sports/f/2b ... ce=twitter

I HATE THE MALOOFS!!!!!! Just get the deal done already!

dunceface

Reaction score
Over it.

I can't.............the Maloofs are inconceivably inept and irreversably inverted head through ass

chris98251

Reaction score
See my post earlier, they want someone basically to front them money for a Arena, and pay off their debts while they maintain operations control of the team where ever it is at. They get to play owners and make decisions while someone else writes the checks for everything.

They are delusional at best. Hansen or anyone for that matter won't sign on to a deal that has their skanky fingerprints on it anywhere if thats what they expect.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Maloof bastards might just be great negotiators. The new report has added 25 mill to the price - they got that for demanding to make decisions and their last vestige of ownership.

chris98251

Reaction score
They said the same thing when Balmer made a late entry here also if you remember correctly. It didn't stop anything.

JOz56

Reaction score
chris98251":1vtn3nc8 said:
They said the same thing when Balmer made a late entry here also if you remember correctly. It didn't stop anything.

Yeah, thats what I am just remembering. There also isn't anything in how they intend to pay for the arena and such. I'm out until it's an official statement one way or another.

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":3b5172ho said:

That was because the state legislature wouldn't push his Key Arena renovation plan through, they killed that deal with the quickness.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":37ywuxjc said:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/12/5109940/group-plans-to-buy-kings-and-build.html

welp...

And that folks is probably that............I knew we were probably gonna get burned, can't believe this.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throwdown":111tlmgt said:
chris98251":111tlmgt said:

That was because the state legislature wouldn't push his Key Arena renovation plan through, they killed that deal with the quickness.

It's because the City passed the buck to the state, it wasn't a state issue it was the cities responsiblity and council. They were getting heat and trying to save face at this point, they were also m,aking deals with Bennett for their 45 million kick back after they knew he was leaving and they could not stop it.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
California is broke. Anybody really think the taxpayers are going to foot the bill for a arena and to buy a team ? Just relax, it's all posturing. They know the Seattle group has deep pockets and are trying to play them to get some more $$. This group would have showed up a long time ago they still have Arco arena to deal with and where is the cash for that coming from?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1gqlwvsa said:
California is broke. Anybody really think the taxpayers are going to foot the bill for a arena and to buy a team ? Just relax, it's all posturing. They know the Seattle group has deep pockets and are trying to play them to get some more $$. This group would have showed up a long time ago they still have Arco arena to deal with and where is the cash for that coming from?

Well from the article that throw posted, the arena from the Sac group would be privately funded by those involved in the purchase of the team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2bocuoyy said:
Happypuppy":2bocuoyy said:

Well from the article that throw posted, the arena from the Sac group would be privately funded by those involved in the purchase of the team.

So where were this investors a few months ago when it was all the talk? Johnson said he was going to hunt up investors and boom out of nowhere there are some. a few months ago they could not get buyers or a group that wanted a Arena. Things can change but a buyer for the team and willing to build an arena in a weeks time when they tried for months before. There has been no information on how much the Maloofs would be involved either.

Again sounds like a tactic that is maybes what ifs and stuff until one of those groups makes a conference and appearence.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm not giving up hope, but I can't begrudge Sactown's attempts to keep their team. If they can pull it together, they deserve to. Imagine if we had a mayor like KJ when crap was hitting the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts