Legion of Boom... Unit that goes down in NFL history?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Falcon124":rw6wcf1e said:
Your Defense is good but don't get cocky. Sherman asked for something after the Redskins game and didn't like the return. In fact, he had a nervous giggle that showed fear. This Defense has no idea what awaits them in Atlanta. It will be the Legion of Bust come Sunday. I'll come back afterward whatever the outcome but Julio, Roddy, Gonzo and Douglas are going to light up your slow secondary. They won't be bullied like the Redskins tiny receivers. :)

You have a couple good points, but this secondary has shut down far better receivers than the Redskins' midgets. I acknowledge that Atlanta's foremost trio of receivers will be the year's greatest test of this secondary and I do expect to give up some yards.

But Seattle's scheme doesn't require their corners to be fast. They play excellent press, which helps neutralize speed, and leverages receivers in towards safety help from Earl Thomas. And Earl Thomas IS fast. Crazy fast. He frees up our corners so much it's not even funny. Without him, I have no hesitation in saying that our corners would be nothing.

Our linebackers, on the other hand, won't be pushed much. Beyond Roddy/Jones/Gonzo, I'm not much scared of anyone else you have to offer. Our LB's should be up to Jacquizz's challenge and free to do other things, like blitz Matt Ryan (we have some talented LB blitzers who haven't been given the chance to show their chops).

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you speak of Sherman's nervous giggle.

chris98251

Reaction score
Falcon124":1kw9fp23 said:
Your Defense is good but don't get cocky. Sherman asked for something after the Redskins game and didn't like the return. In fact, he had a nervous giggle that showed fear. This Defense has no idea what awaits them in Atlanta. It will be the Legion of Bust come Sunday. I'll come back afterward whatever the outcome but Julio, Roddy, Gonzo and Douglas are going to light up your slow secondary. They won't be bullied like the Redskins tiny receivers. :)

Pot meet kettle, isn't this the team that had Jerry Glanville as a coach and Deion Sanders?

I suppose they were slow and didn't play physical either, well other then Deion who would balk at the toothpick lifting contest but could shut down a side of a field in coverage and dare you to throw at him. Jeez he would even smack talk and go on record in the media about stuff.

Not that that sounds familiar or anything.

ensett

Reaction score
Falcon124":2vwf2j16 said:

Redskins receivers are NOT tiny, outside of Moss. They are all an inch or 2 shorter than Julio, but as far as actual size goes, Morgan weighs the same as Jones, and Hankerson and Garcon are only 8 or 9 pounds lighter. They are probably one of the bigger receiving groups in the league, and physically, the Seahawks embarrassed them all game.