Atlanta to take "good shots" at Russ

renofox

Reaction score
I think RW is smart enough to choose his blocks. Going up against Josh Wilson and the like doesn't seem to be a very risky move. :lol:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
That's a big pile of nothing. The Redskins players would have said the same thing going into the game. But when the runs actually happened where Wilson did a lead block, nobody had any kind of angle or velocity on him. He is not going to put himself in a position where he might get a vicious hit. The circumstances in which he would even think about it are when someone is suddenly in a position to make some unexpected yardage because the other team is mostly out of position.

Bottom line: Those guys can talk tough about laying the wood on Wilson if he lead blocks, but the reality is that if he is lead blocking, nobody is going to have a good clear shot at him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nobody should even consider a cheap shot either, but it still happens,,Remember the "Accidental Rollup" On Hasselbeck's knees?
If there is a goon play like that again, I hope that someone breaks the leg/legs of the offender immediatly afterwards.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
That's not saying they'll cheap shot anyone. If anything, our team is notorious for NOT cheap shotting players...they're just saying that if he's trying to block, they're not going to hold back just because he's the QB.

sutz

Reaction score
Nothing to see here, guys. It's football talk and I'd expect our players to say the same thing about Ryan. Every defensive player in the league wants nothing more than a chance to lay a hit on the QB.

Hey, I worry a bit about Russ getting out there like that, but he does seem to be pretty good at avoiding big hits.

:229031_shrug:

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
If a QB is trying to block hes fair game to be blown up or knocked out of the way.
BUT if there is a hit that is obvious enough that its uncalled for, keep in mind, Lynch would be literally right behind him, and im sure M.Rob wouldnt be far away either. It would come at a price .

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Besides, they will be too busy avoiding Beastmode tackles.

drdiags

Reaction score
I have thought about this as I watched Wilson put the Rams DB on his butt twice, or the block on Wilson. It would be the LBs or DBs usually that would have the chance, unless a DE had dropped into coverage and was closing. Wilson is usually on the edge so I don't see many DTs or DEs being in position.

In time I suspect Wilson will not be doing this any longer. He is still young and full of piss and vinegar. Guess Flynn better keep his arm loose.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wilson has yet to take a big hit (that I can think of). He knows what he's doing and knows how to avoid big hits. He's fine blocking if he wants to.

Saying you're going to hit him and actually being able to be in a position to do it are two completely different things. Russell is an extremely tough and physical QB, he won't go down easily.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Besides, if they want to worry about Russell instead of the ball carrier, all the more yards and possible points for the hawks.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Meh, we had to play Arizona, St. Louis, and San Fran 2x this year, not worried about the Falcons "hits" unless it's Dunta Robinson "launch" types on the WR.

taz291819

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":5cinybbx said:
Wilson has yet to take a big hit (that I can think of). He knows what he's doing and knows how to avoid big hits. He's fine blocking if he wants to.

Saying you're going to hit him and actually being able to be in a position to do it are two completely different things. Russell is an extremely tough and physical QB, he won't go down easily.

Wilson took a big, blindsided hit a few weeks ago. I believe it was against the Rams. Couldn't believe he held onto the ball.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson knows what he's getting into when he crosses the LOS. These Atlanta guys aren't saying anything that everyone else isn't. They're just getting caught up into the phenomenon that is Russellmania.

chris98251

Reaction score
So with a RB running the ball for a touchdown your doing to look for Wilson and let Turbin or Lynch score?

Also tackleing or hitting a non ball carrier would be a flag.

Seeker

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure marshawn will be taking good shots at them...

Seeker

Reaction score
Sounds like the falcons just volunteered themselves to be a part of our crackback hall of fame
this is what happens to lbs,dbs, looking to "get a good shot" on the dangeruss one.

Berrywooo
GoldenTate TrucksSeanLee original