Both coordinators interviewing today...?

seahawks08

Reaction score
Its a business, if you wait until the playoffs are over, opportunities might be gone or a team is not willing to wait with an open position and run out of options. Thats why it is done this way. The team is not defined by a single coordinators, and by this time all of the plays have already been played or been part of the team with little wrinkles. They don't change things drastically where the team is going to be confused, they will game plan with the opposing team in mind, but the plays will all be practiced and the game plan in place for what the players are comfortable with.

AirForceSeahawk

Reaction score
Aros":3rokw4lk said:
I personally think it's ridiculous that the NFL allows this. Why on earth can't these teams wait until we are done with the playoffs? I always thought that was the rule any ways?

I just don't see the logic in it at all.

Agree. Agree........AGREE!

rsm650

Reaction score
Well it's not like the coordinators are going to work 24/7. I'm sure spending an hour or two to do an interview in Atlanta won't hurt. *Pulls out flame shield*

Rat

Reaction score
Brian Kelly just announced he's returning to Notre Dame. Sounds like the Eagles might be zeroing in on Bradley now.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
i think there should be a rule that coaches cannot be signed or interviewed by any team until the superbowl is over and the offseason has begun. Hell there is a start to free agency. There should be a start for free agency with the coaches as well. All this coaching dramma takes the spotlight away from where it should be.. the playoff games.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I agree that its a distraction. I think it would be easy enough to push the combines back and the fact that both OC's are considered weak links is irrelevant IMO, because what if they weren't? I have had many interviews in my career and have interviewed many people. To be prepared for an interview, esp for HC positions where they spend hours sometimes during the interview, it takes a lot of time to prepare. Also, it is something that you are constantly thinking about no matter what your are doing. By allowing these at this time of the year you are creating a distraction unquestionably and setting people up for unequal treatment because the HC candidate has two options.

A. Don't prepare for the interview and focus on the game so it's not a distraction, or is a smaller one. If you do this you won't be as prepared as other applicants which created inequality.

B. Prepare for the interview and take it seriously which requires work, time and focus. If you do this it will affect you and your teams preparation.

Either way you or your team lose. This has to be something that is fixed and never should have been allowed in the first place.

brettb3

Reaction score
Much ado about nothing IMO. This will have nothing to do with the result of tomorrow's game and I hope nobody here uses it as an excuse.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing they don't spend every hour of every living day working.

So if they had a two hour interview during down time rather than watching TV or listening to some music... who cares?

sturg78

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1saajhlb said:
I'm guessing they don't spend every hour of every living day working.

So if they had a two hour interview during down time rather than watching TV or listening to some music... who cares?
I don't disagree with them bring interviewed, but I can see it being distracting. If your buying a house or getting a new job you think of the things your going to do with it. If I learned I was going to be a head coach regardless of the outcome if this year I may have some thoughts regarding team philosophies and such the next year.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
They can't offer jobs until the team is eliminated. If either of these guys want the jobs they're interviewing for, then they need a big performance tomorrow. So if anything, I think they've probably worked even harder this week.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Completely stupid for the NFL to allow this. And I don't get the whole "if they don't interview today they'll have to wait for a long time" thing either. We've already had a playoff game. We're getting ready for another. These coaches are not on their own time, they're on Seahawks time. To take the time away from the team is inexcusable.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
It's completely unprofessional to be interviewing during a playoff run. If the perspective team is truly interested they'd wait until their playoffs are done.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":2sbc1w7t said:
It's completely unprofessional to be interviewing during a playoff run. If the perspective team is truly interested they'd wait until their playoffs are done.

And what if you knew the chance of a lifetime was right there, maybe something you've worked and dreamed for your entire life... and instead of watching TV or going to bed, you take that chance? Perhaps a chance to secure your family financially for a generation too?

And what about the team... they need to get on with things. Competition is rife among teams interviewing the same guys. You snooze you lose.

I can't help but think we're blowing this out of proportion. We're ready to play. If we lose it won't be because of this.

Subzero717

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":207ri76r said:
SeaWolv":207ri76r said:

And what if you knew the chance of a lifetime was right there, maybe something you've worked and dreamed for your entire life... and instead of watching TV or going to bed, you take that chance? Perhaps a chance to secure your family financially for a generation too?

And what about the team... they need to get on with things. Competition is rife among teams interviewing the same guys. You snooze you lose.

I can't help but think we're blowing this out of proportion. We're ready to play. If we lose it won't be because of this.

Secure your family financially? ? They aren't working for five bucks an hour. I don't like it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2lggmakb said:
SeaWolv":2lggmakb said:

if you are good, that chance will still be there when the playoffs end. The NFL could fix all of this by just mandating that these signings and interviews wait till after the superbowl for everybody.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":iufrcpqq said:
Secure your family financially? ? They aren't working for five bucks an hour. I don't like it.

The money is good being a coordinator sure... but Jim Mora's great grand kids will be driving Ferrari's after his one year in Seattle.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":248f31iz said:
SeaWolv":248f31iz said:

Sorry not buying it. If you're good enough to have teams wanting to sit down with you now you're going to have teams wanting to sit down with after the playoffs. 4 weeks isn't going to matter when it comes to teams making sure they have the right people to help their franchise succeed. I haven't even started to talk about the professional obligation you have to the organization that is currently paying your salary or the other coaches and players depending on you to be focused on the task at hand not distracted with job opportunities. It's called integrity.