Atlanta to take "good shots" at Russ

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Atlanta to take "good shots" at Russ
Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 am
  • hmmmmm. Probably doesn't mean anything because lets face it. It's football. I just don't want to see a guy lose his mind for a second and take out Russ' legs or something and cause injury

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... g/1823675/
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Re: Atlanta to take "good shots" at Russ
Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 am
  • I think RW is smart enough to choose his blocks. Going up against Josh Wilson and the like doesn't seem to be a very risky move. :lol:
    renofox
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:47 am
  • That's a big pile of nothing. The Redskins players would have said the same thing going into the game. But when the runs actually happened where Wilson did a lead block, nobody had any kind of angle or velocity on him. He is not going to put himself in a position where he might get a vicious hit. The circumstances in which he would even think about it are when someone is suddenly in a position to make some unexpected yardage because the other team is mostly out of position.

Bottom line: Those guys can talk tough about laying the wood on Wilson if he lead blocks, but the reality is that if he is lead blocking, nobody is going to have a good clear shot at him.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:59 am
  • Nobody should even consider a cheap shot either, but it still happens,,Remember the "Accidental Rollup" On Hasselbeck's knees?
    If there is a goon play like that again, I hope that someone breaks the leg/legs of the offender immediatly afterwards.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:38 am
  • That's not saying they'll cheap shot anyone. If anything, our team is notorious for NOT cheap shotting players...they're just saying that if he's trying to block, they're not going to hold back just because he's the QB.
    Falcan Moore
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:53 am
  • A bunch of Mularkey ...
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 am
  • Nothing to see here, guys. It's football talk and I'd expect our players to say the same thing about Ryan. Every defensive player in the league wants nothing more than a chance to lay a hit on the QB.

Hey, I worry a bit about Russ getting out there like that, but he does seem to be pretty good at avoiding big hits.

:229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:00 am
  • If a QB is trying to block hes fair game to be blown up or knocked out of the way.
    BUT if there is a hit that is obvious enough that its uncalled for, keep in mind, Lynch would be literally right behind him, and im sure M.Rob wouldnt be far away either. It would come at a price .
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:15 am
  • Lol he is in their heads. That is good.
    Idle vaporings of a mind diseased
    VaporHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:20 am
  • Besides, they will be too busy avoiding Beastmode tackles.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 am
  • I have thought about this as I watched Wilson put the Rams DB on his butt twice, or the block on Wilson. It would be the LBs or DBs usually that would have the chance, unless a DE had dropped into coverage and was closing. Wilson is usually on the edge so I don't see many DTs or DEs being in position.

In time I suspect Wilson will not be doing this any longer. He is still young and full of piss and vinegar. Guess Flynn better keep his arm loose.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:44 am
  • Wilson has yet to take a big hit (that I can think of). He knows what he's doing and knows how to avoid big hits. He's fine blocking if he wants to.

Saying you're going to hit him and actually being able to be in a position to do it are two completely different things. Russell is an extremely tough and physical QB, he won't go down easily.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 am
  • Besides, if they want to worry about Russell instead of the ball carrier, all the more yards and possible points for the hawks.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 am
  • Meh, we had to play Arizona, St. Louis, and San Fran 2x this year, not worried about the Falcons "hits" unless it's Dunta Robinson "launch" types on the WR.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Wilson has yet to take a big hit (that I can think of). He knows what he's doing and knows how to avoid big hits. He's fine blocking if he wants to.

Saying you're going to hit him and actually being able to be in a position to do it are two completely different things. Russell is an extremely tough and physical QB, he won't go down easily.

Wilson took a big, blindsided hit a few weeks ago. I believe it was against the Rams. Couldn't believe he held onto the ball.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:37 am
  • Wilson knows what he's getting into when he crosses the LOS. These Atlanta guys aren't saying anything that everyone else isn't. They're just getting caught up into the phenomenon that is Russellmania.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 am
  • They gotta catch him first.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:00 pm
  • So with a RB running the ball for a touchdown your doing to look for Wilson and let Turbin or Lynch score?

Also tackleing or hitting a non ball carrier would be a flag.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 pm
  • I'm pretty sure marshawn will be taking good shots at them...
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 pm
  • Sounds like the falcons just volunteered themselves to be a part of our crackback hall of fame
    this is what happens to lbs,dbs, looking to "get a good shot" on the dangeruss one.

We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:38 pm
  • Do you think he hears this stuff from the media?
    AirForceSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:58 pm
  • That's just the nature of the game; of course the defense would take a free shot on the opposing QB if they had a chance, anyone would. Even if Wilson did take a shot, I don't think he would hesitate one second to go back out there and take another shot for the team.
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:39 pm
  • I still can't figure out how Golden Tate got fined for that block. What a joke. What he did was considered worse than what Trent Williams did last week? Hilariousness NFL.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:04 pm
  • taz291819 wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Wilson has yet to take a big hit (that I can think of). He knows what he's doing and knows how to avoid big hits. He's fine blocking if he wants to.

Wilson took a big, blindsided hit a few weeks ago. I believe it was against the Rams. Couldn't believe he held onto the ball.

That was an attempted pass play resulting in a sack. It had nothing to do with Wilson blocking.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:53 pm
  • That Tate block on Lee was probably the filthiest (in a good way) block I have ever seen! I can watch that gif and the Browner return gif where he takes out 3 falcons over and over and over!!
    Meedsy
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 am
  • Wilson is built like a running back and can take the hit, atleast for the next coupe of years. I was just explaining to my wife and oldest son the difference between Wilson and other " running" QB's. Wilson runs around in the backfield to get a better line of site / passing lane, Vick / Newton / RG3 / Jake Locker take off with the intent to gain yardage on the ground most times. They are larger than RW and try to run over defensive players, RW does his best to not take the hit. He reminds me of my younger brothers, it pisses you off chasing them around the yard and not getting the satisfaction of laying the wood to them.

Just watched some Fran T highlights, RW plays the exact same game as Fran. It was funny to hear a MO and DJ say they hated chasing the midget around all game.
    irocdave
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:18 am
  • sounds like a nice opportunity to set up a reverse.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information