Atlanta to take "good shots" at Russ

hawker232

Reaction score
That's just the nature of the game; of course the defense would take a free shot on the opposing QB if they had a chance, anyone would. Even if Wilson did take a shot, I don't think he would hesitate one second to go back out there and take another shot for the team.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I still can't figure out how Golden Tate got fined for that block. What a joke. What he did was considered worse than what Trent Williams did last week? Hilariousness NFL.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
taz291819":3ioikik3 said:
Hawkfan77":3ioikik3 said:
Wilson has yet to take a big hit (that I can think of). He knows what he's doing and knows how to avoid big hits. He's fine blocking if he wants to.

Saying you're going to hit him and actually being able to be in a position to do it are two completely different things. Russell is an extremely tough and physical QB, he won't go down easily.
Wilson took a big, blindsided hit a few weeks ago. I believe it was against the Rams. Couldn't believe he held onto the ball.
That was an attempted pass play resulting in a sack. It had nothing to do with Wilson blocking.

Meedsy

Reaction score
That Tate block on Lee was probably the filthiest (in a good way) block I have ever seen! I can watch that gif and the Browner return gif where he takes out 3 falcons over and over and over!!

irocdave

Reaction score
Wilson is built like a running back and can take the hit, atleast for the next coupe of years. I was just explaining to my wife and oldest son the difference between Wilson and other " running" QB's. Wilson runs around in the backfield to get a better line of site / passing lane, Vick / Newton / RG3 / Jake Locker take off with the intent to gain yardage on the ground most times. They are larger than RW and try to run over defensive players, RW does his best to not take the hit. He reminds me of my younger brothers, it pisses you off chasing them around the yard and not getting the satisfaction of laying the wood to them.

Just watched some Fran T highlights, RW plays the exact same game as Fran. It was funny to hear a MO and DJ say they hated chasing the midget around all game.