I can't watch football anymore. I love the Seahawks. But....

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Dude, I'm upset too because of how we lost, but even if they won I still have to do laundry tonight and get up to go to work in the morning. Guess what I have to do if they would have won the super bowl? Laundry and work. It's entertainment, they don't impact the real life me in any way. And they sure as hell don't care if you have a bad day the way that you care when they do.

cdallan

Reaction score
Get a DVR. I have to watch most regular season games through the NFL gamepass internet feed, so I often start watching 40 minutes late so I can watch without TV ads. It also means that I can take a break for a few minutes.

I knew 31 seconds was too long. I watched the 2 completed passes. I then paused and put the kettle on, had a piss and mentally prepared for the loss. It's the difference between being punched in the stomach when you have tensed for it or when you are not expecting it.

I watch all soccer matches of the Scottish national team this way. You can't get too excited about it, because it has already happened.

Keep the faith. Plus, it's a game.

The Radish

Reaction score
I did all those things talked about here and worse. But that was when I was in my early 20s or younger.

Know what???? I grew up. Realized sports are not the driving thing in this world, its merely a game.

I am no longer an NFL fan but just a Seahawks fan. I enjoy hockey but would never let it affect my life and my kids life.

I've seen more sports and especially football than most of you. Saw UCLA win 50 in a row and crap like that. Then realized I had more important stuff to do, like live.

:les:

razgriz737

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3g3p3t3r said:
Dude, I'm upset too because of how we lost, but even if they won I still have to do laundry tonight and get up to go to work in the morning. Guess what I have to do if they would have won the super bowl? Laundry and work. It's entertainment, they don't impact the real life me in any way. And they sure as hell don't care if you have a bad day the way that you care when they do.
:13:

chris98251

Reaction score
Shark as humiliating as it feels to show that kind of emotion over a game, being a great father can also mean owning up to your own mistakes, teaching from your errors can be done as well. Quitting something you love versus working as a family to manage a situation together can also be done.

Take it from someone that has screwed up enough times to have a understanding of this. My kids are now grown but some of the hardest lessons taught were at times I screwed up and had to own up to not being perfect :)

I have yet to see a book wrote on how to be a parent that was done by anyone that had any credibility or kids for that matter.

Wallingford

Reaction score
Have a conversation with your kids and love on them. We can teach them through our failures as well as our successes. Saying, "I'm sorry, I was wrong," is something some children never hear from a parent. Peace to you.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Lets not shit on Shark and act all holier than thou. Give the man some time and respect his decision.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":xirjtzp2 said:
Lets not shit on Shark and act all holier than thou. Give the man some time and respect his decision.

Just letting him know he isn't the first to do this. It doesn't indicate a personality disorder.