I can't watch football anymore. I love the Seahawks. But....

Pstark3

Reaction score
I think what did it for me was when i feel the rage pumpin through my veins, I realize that the outcome of the game is completely out of my control. It sucks to think about but it's true, all we really do is sit back and enjoy and watch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hey Jon,

I'm behind your decision 100%. It's a game and it's entertainment and though I am as rabid as anyone I've ever known, I have always been fortunate enough to be able to seperate the Seahawks from the rest of my life in a healthy fashion. I wish you were able to do so as well because I have always greatly enjoyed reading your posts and looking at things from your perspective. It has indeed been a pretty rough 37 seasons as a Hawks fan though in some ways that has helped with days like this as sadly a part of me expects a day like today from my team. But hope springs eternal and I have much for next year. Anyway, I wish you the best if you do give up the Seahawks and sincerely hope your financial and personal lives improve. Your 'niceness' comes through in your writing and thus you deserve a turnaround man.

Perhaps in the future you'll be able to seperate the Seahawks from 'real life' and can return. I for one am hoping that day comes.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Cool to see Riggo still here. Great surmise of what we will all be feeling this week. Like Falcongoggles said we have forgiveness. No one living on Earth today is perfect so we all need to learn to forgive and part of that is forgiving ourselves. We also need to learn from it. I didn't check my BP but mine was high too. Like many of us I've been a diehard all my life which has been for the whole Hawks existence. A part of learning from it is knowing what you can handle. Taking time off and walking away may be the best thing for you and if so do it and feel good about it. Me it really helps to have all of you here knowing you, Riggo, Falcons fans next week :) and all our Hawks pals are feeling the same thing as me.

One suggestion. Get your family and go out and do some service together. To help me cope with football stress I try and do this with my family to help me remember what's most important in life and create great memories with my family that will last a lot longer and be more meaningful than a Hawk win or loss. Make treats and drop them off at a needy families house, whatever it may help.

We all screw up big time now and then. Chin up and good luck.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
i respect his decision, but not his actions. Some people just need to chill out so his decision will help him chill out

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Apparently I'm just an attention whore. I really don't love my kids, nor do I really suggest others learn a lesson from my mistakes. It's all about attention whoring. I guess it helps when I read this stuff and see that this site still has some real insufferable buttwipes. It makes the losing not so bad, because I know their day is ruined too.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
That was an over the line comment and I don't care if it's gone or not, that was bad.

You are a treasure for this website, but your life is way, way, way more important than football. The remote throwing happens, the elevated heart rate when combined with your other physical issues is what makes me think you should walk away if it's that bad. I know this team means a lot to you, but after living for four years in Utah and seeing how tight families are there, I know it also means more to you to have a dad around for the long-term.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SharkHawk":367cbsa5 said:
Apparently I'm just an attention whore. I really don't love my kids, nor do I really suggest others learn a lesson from my mistakes. It's all about attention whoring. I guess it helps when I read this stuff and see that this site still has some real insufferable buttwipes. It makes the losing not so bad, because I know their day is ruined too.
The key part of this post is "some real insufferable buttwipes" man. Don't let them get you down and do see that most of us are offering truly heartfelt responses and support.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Battle #83":2woj5v3q said:
SharkHawk":2woj5v3q said:

Sadly my day is still better than your kids' day.

If I was a mod I would consider this not only a personnel attack but one on family also and you would be shown the door or be on vacation.

This is the type of poster that has as much class as a 2 bit hooker with a bunch of herpes sores on her face.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":qyeros3o said:
The Battle #83":qyeros3o said:
SharkHawk":qyeros3o said:

Sadly my day is still better than your kids' day.

If I was a mod I would consider this not only a personnel attack but one on family also and you would be shown the door or be on vacation.

This is the type of poster that has as much class as a 2 bit hooker with a bunch of herpes sores on her face.

Done.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
One down, one to go. WTF-over on MLOHawks comment? That was a below the belt shot followed by biting part of an ear off.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3fcn4x2d said:
One down, one to go. WTF-over on MLOHawks comment? That was a below the belt shot followed by biting part of an ear off.
His post and my response were deleted. Has he been? He should have IMO.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":62sxx8cu said:
falcongoggles":62sxx8cu said:

Its taken care of.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":16wb7ydv said:
hawksfansinceday1":16wb7ydv said:
falcongoggles":16wb7ydv said:

Its taken care of.
:th2thumbs:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Nothing to be upset about.

We had a hell of a year.

We have a QB that has proven he IS a money player, putting the team on his back when his RB could barely get him 2 yards in a carry. He was accurate and dangerous, throwing smart passes against a fast defense in the waning moments of a game and he brought us back to take the lead!

The Seahawks showed themselves to be a team that can come back from the brink and never quits. A LOT of teams would have folded at the half, even in the playoffs. This defense kept playing and kept us in it, and this offense kept battling back to finally take the lead.

To be honest, it was a hell of a football game. And Seattle showed itself to be a great team. Nothing to be ashamed about in losing that game. Yes, some bone-headed defensive calls at the end, but the Falcons are a team with a good experienced QB throwing the ball up with almost no pressure, to a group of near All-Pro receivers. Some of those guys are going to catch the ball sometimes. It was just a bad time for us, good time for them.

We have nothing to hang our heads about. Our team is young, strong and frankly would have won with Clemons in. We lost a game that could have gone either way in the final seconds. That is just great football, not a bad team.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bellingerga":131de4wp said:
get some anger management counseling, and I dont mean this as a shot. It will help you find ways to deal with getting that pissed off, and of course remember it's just a game.

Would hate to lose a fellow seahawk fan, but if you do not comeback, good luck in life and take care.

Just take a nice long break from it though, thats for sure.

This^....and Bellingerga is giving you the best gift you could hope for...if you consider his advice. I live in an area and work in a field that is prone to fights (very much so). I was on my 4th assault charge and facing jail when my attorney advised me to enroll in an alternative to violence class. I actually enjoy fighting so signed up only so the judge might give me a break. Little did I know that once I accepted the fact I wasn't living right, the class likely saved my life.

I was in a situation with a former adversary recently where he called me out. I'd beat this guy in the ring and on the street before and knew I would emerge victorious....but then a little light went off in my head and I walked away. I was concerned how I would feel the next morning. I woke up, considered the nite before...and felt awesome. Later I learned the guy had a razor and planned on using it.

Buddah teaches that once you engage, you've already lost the fight. Go see someone dude. Not just for your kids but for yourself as well. You'll become whole, you'll love yourself again and I wish you luck.

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I've always wanted to know what is on top of the shark in the picture? Is it a laser or a luggage rack, or maybe something else? Always have been curious.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
JSeahawks":tfxu1e5k said:
hawksfansinceday1":tfxu1e5k said:
falcongoggles":tfxu1e5k said:

Its taken care of.
JSeahawk, you're an alright guy.

For a Duck. :p

ThrowItToJulio

Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me last year when the Falcons lost to the Giants. My wife, a lifelong Falcon fan, started flying off the handle. She was throwing cd cases at me. She threw our kids toys at the wall, she broke a window. Granted, the window was an accident, but the kids were crying all the same. Now, my kids are doing the same damn thing. They watch the games with me, but I don't think they are paying attention. They are just waiting for an excuse to break shit, just like their mother. Anyhow, I hope this helps.

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Sorry I caused trouble guys. I never in all my years have done anything I felt was an attempt at drawing attention to myself. I didn't ever try to use this place as a spot to show of my writing to get other jobs, I haven't been mean to folks, I've tried to offer insight on the players like Turbin, Wagner, and McQuistan who have come out of the intermountain region. I just tried to be a good board member and treat others with respect (and some playful fake arguing back and forth).

This post was put up for 3 reasons.

1- As an apology to my family so they'd see I was serious.

2- As a warning to others about what can happen if you let this stuff consume you.

3- Just as a confession to you all that I felt badly about what I had done and hope none of you ever do the same, because you can't take stuff like that back.

If that makes me an "attention whore" then so be it. I've not done anything like this before. I am filled with remorse, and I need to let my son specifically know that I'm his fan way more than any football team. He needs that. I need that. I hoped that if anybody could take something positive away from that, then it was worth baring my soul and my real name and just putting it out there. Anonymity... gone. My "dirty little secret"? Gone. My need to watch a team that causes friction and now some really scary reaction that I had little control over? Has to stop. That's all.

As I said... I have many great friends here and hope to keep it that way. I just can't watch Seahawks games anymore. They make me something I never wanted to be. No alcohol involved. Just my inability to cope, and I think it's because I've fallen off the rails in my life in all that I've lost and messed up on. This is just another step and something I've got to make right. I don't feel I was seeking attention when I congratulated all of you on what you have done, in fact I felt guilty that I couldn't be the guy many of you are, and at my age, it's just childish that I can't be.

Do you really, honestly think that I'd want to draw attention to my complete lack of maturity, my family falling apart, and my need to stop this obsession with a team? It's embarrassing. I did it as a warning to others to not make the mistakes I did. I wouldn't shell out my personal info and stuff if I were looking for attention. I'd go write an article for Bleacher Report or Yahoo Sports. Those are things I've never done. I've stayed here. I've done my best to be a helpful member, and I've met many good friends along the way. This message was for them. I don't want them harming their relationships with their family... especially the young guys I've met here that are still not married or don't have kids. I don't want them falling into this trap I have where the results create the environment in a home. It's not worth it.

Keep your attention. I don't want it. If it's better.... delete all of my posts, ban me, delete my account. I'm fine with that. I don't want to create issues here. This place is too good with too many truly great guys. I care about them all, and don't want them to turn out like me. I've tried so hard for two years to regain who I am and resume my life.

I was told as things continued to spiral down worse that "God will never give you more than you can handle." Well... I disagree. He has. I've snapped. I have gone over the edge in many many ways. Football was a place for me to find some happiness, but only when the Hawks one. I let the results that didn't go in our favor drag me into a darker place. Now I haven't been able to heal, haven't been able to get a teaching job which I feel I desperately need, and I haven't been able to support my family. Things are falling apart. I guess that makes me a whore in some eyes. I hope in others, it simply makes me a cautionary tale. That's all. Simple as that. Don't fall into the trap Jon did. Your families and loved ones deserve better.