What is Pete Carrolls 4th rebuild year suppose to be?

Axx

Reaction score
I keep reading that this is only year 3 of 4 of rebuilding.

Elite Secondary - Check
Great Young Linebackers - Check
Defensive line - Nope

Franchise QuarterBack - Check
Elite running/full back - check
Nasty Offensive Line - Check
Solid Receivers with Great TE - Check

Great kick returner - Check
Legatron - Nope

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I think you answered your own question...DL, first and foremost and a WR

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
-The Glove-":23u0hb8z said:

Not sure why a amazing D-line wasnt year one. The giants have proved twice what a elite pass rush can win super bowls.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Agree with the list. We are really thin at LB and Hill is not getting younger. A tall big body WR would help or if we can't find one a quick TE to complement Zack. I am not sold on McCoy still makes mental mistakes. Next year SB....

Reaction score
Im sorry but how can we have a elite secondary playing like we saw today? That isnt elite!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Defense HAS to be priority. We put up 28 points and lost, and this was having scored 0 points in the first half.

Decimation

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":kfve7yw1 said:
Im sorry but how can we have a elite secondary playing like we saw today? That isnt elite!
Falcons have really good receivers and a HOF TE. The secondary played consistently good MOST of the year.

salukihawk12

Reaction score
EVERY secondary gets burned if the DLine can't generate pressure. Our excellent secondary would turn into an all-time great secondary if we could get some pressure out of our front 4.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":2onvbuwl said:
Yeah you may be right but our secondary has romo like momments!

I think that has to do more with the 5+ seconds QBs get on average from our pass rush.

hawkfaithful

Reaction score
salukihawk12":blhtmfrs said:
EVERY secondary gets burned if the DLine can't generate pressure. Our excellent secondary would turn into an all-time great secondary if we could get some pressure out of our front 4.

Completely agree. We have a very good secondary other than trufant.

Reaction score
I dont know I know im pissed right now. I dont think elite secondary's let that happen regardless. Imo! Good yes elite I dont know about all of that. I must admit Im a little peed off at the momment.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
If I'm Pete Carroll I would be looking to accomplish these things this offseason:

1* Pass Rush: This is why we lost the game, plain and simple. Good cornerbacks are simply not enough, in order to have an elite defense rushing the passer is a must. Matt Ryan had all day to survey the field and as a result tore the secondary apart. This can be broken down to several different positions.

- Penatrating DT: We have somebody who can anchor (Mebane) but nobody who can penatrate. Jason Jones is our only DT capable of doing that on a semi consistant basis. We need another pass rushing DT to go over at three tech.

- Get rid of Bryant. He could make a good 3-4 end, but in this scheme he is really holding back the pass rush. We should either trade or cut him if we get no offers.

2. Get a servicable nickle cornerback via FA or draft. Lane might be that guy, however it seems Carroll doesn't seem to think so as of now. Trufant needs to go. This is the second biggest weakspot on the defense. Trufant had a 72% catch rate against him, 31st in the NFL amonst Nickle cornerbacks.

3. Playmaker on offense: I'm thinking either a multi faceted threat like Cobb or Harvin that can be split out wide, or line up in the backfield. Every team needs that "swiss army knife" type of player, it just adds much more depth. The second option would be a game breaking WR, although I feel Tate has the potential to become that guy.

4. Replace Hill, he is over the hill HAR HAR HAR

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Axx":2afnc4e2 said:
-The Glove-":2afnc4e2 said:

Not sure why a amazing D-line wasnt year one. The giants have proved twice what a elite pass rush can win super bowls.

I'd say it's because elite pass rushing ends are the hardest players to find, outside of franchise QBs of course.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1ydup63p said:
Axx":1ydup63p said:
-The Glove-":1ydup63p said:

I'd say it's because elite pass rushing ends are the hardest players to find, outside of franchise QBs of course.
:13: (and maybe elite corners.....maybe)

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
His offseason is about teaching his guys to play the zone because this D is about playing zone in the front 7 and man/Cover 3 for the LOB. It's not that we play a soft zone on 3rd and long, we do. Its more that we play some version of zone on EVERY down. These zone breakdowns will go away as these (young) players get more familiar with each other and the scheme.

But yes, go get the last pieces on D, maybe a more disciplined S so Chanceller can play in the box/middle every down, an every down DT (grow on trees I know), and a few weapons for RW and because we have the luxury, a stud K so we can still get points when a drive stalls.

Latest posts