Did all the carries catch up to Lynch?

edogg23

Reaction score
Lynch didn't look right this game. He had very few yards after contact, it looked like beast mode just wasn't there. Also, that fumble changed the game. We had just forced a turnover and were marching down the field. If we score there I think it would have been 10-7 and a completely different game.

I guess my question in this rambling is do you guys think that the hawks over-worked him during the regular season and he hit the wall? It looks like it to me.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he was "overworked" as much as he simply was injured. It happens. Especially to running backs who are known for selling out on every play.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Last week he'd make a run then come off to the sideline a lot of the time too, I think he was a bit worn down we'll have to use Turbin more next season and maybe get another RB if we cut Leon loose.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I know atleast the second "fumble" today, the defender put his helmet right on the ball, and that's not one I'd put on marshawn because that's really damn near impossible to hold into if they manage to get the crown of the helmet smashing right into the ball like that.

overall I think he's maybe a bit beat up but he still had a career year for us, AFTER getting payed, and I love the dude and I'm looking forward to seeing him lead the nfl in rushing next year hopefully.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think he looked quite right either -- all the carries/long season took its toll for sure. And that fumble was a fluke/great play by the defender, not on Marshawn at all. Lynch is one of the few athletes who actually inspires me when I watch him play. His level of intensity and pure fearlessness is a rare thing indeed...

Twisted

Reaction score
edogg23":1p9uw9hc said:
Lynch didn't look right this game. He had very few yards after contact, it looked like beast mode just wasn't there. Also, that fumble changed the game. We had just forced a turnover and were marching down the field. If we score there I think it would have been 10-7 and a completely different game.

I guess my question in this rambling is do you guys think that the hawks over-worked him during the regular season and he hit the wall? It looks like it to me.

pretty sure someone already pointed it out, Atl had 7-8 in the box all day, they thought the key was stopping Lynch, they forgot about the other 10 players, the decision to counter the defense came in much too late, I give them maybe 3-4 plays then I spread the line, read, and fire away, russel is a PROLIFIC passer, ALL DAY LONG!

then I hand it to Marshawn when when and if they dummy up and he shreds them...

Atl is no match for the Seahawks, massive coaching errors cost the Hawks a W today, nothing more nothing less...

sorry but thats just how it is

dunceface

Reaction score
No they game planned for him and executed well. Nolan is a GREAT defensive coordinator and he did what he intended too. Who knows if the ankle made a difference of not

djb28

Reaction score
They kept showing him, I dont know if he was angry with himself or just not right today. I cant and wont be mad at the Beast. He gives his all and is an important piece of our success this year and in the future!
I can only imagine the emotional drain. All the travel and the comeback from behind games. They gave all and came up short. Next year this party goes through Seattle!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Lynch posted on Facebook, "We'll be back 12s...we got unfinished business"

That made me smile.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think he had all that many carries. It wasn't like 400 or something, I'm sure. I haven't seen the totals yet, but I thought they were doing pretty good at getting him some rest at the end of the season and using Turbin more.

Once we got down by 3 scores, it really takes him out of the game a bit, even for our "run first" philosophy.

Marshawn is the man. That drop was a great play by the D, even though Lynch will blame himself. I got nothing but love for the Beast. Get healed up, Marshawn!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

chihawk

Reaction score
Turbin had some great plays in this game. There were several plays were seemed to put in an extra effort and break a tackle or sneak by someone for a few more yards. We are in good hands at the RB position.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
Atlanta had to commit on either stopping the run or playing the pass. They commited on stopping the run which left the passing routes downfield open and Wilson took advantage of that. No running back is going to have a great day when the defence has 7 in the box keying on the run.