NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pinksheets":2hga5ird said:
I'm not giving up hope, but I can't begrudge Sactown's attempts to keep their team. If they can pull it together, they deserve to. Imagine if we had a mayor like KJ when crap was hitting the fan.

Man... I wish we did! Instead we had that fat slob who pretty much rolled over when the team was purchased.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throwdown":3tircqa5 said:
pinksheets":3tircqa5 said:
I'm not giving up hope, but I can't begrudge Sactown's attempts to keep their team. If they can pull it together, they deserve to. Imagine if we had a mayor like KJ when crap was hitting the fan.

Man... I wish we did! Instead we had that fat slob who pretty much rolled over when the team was purchased.

Well I guess there was a reason he had body gaurds then, seen him at the Weston downtown not long afterwards. Wonder how much that cost the city. I didn't think most Mayors had a contingent of them.

Seahawks99

Reaction score
Sac buyers will be given a chance to match. NBA also has to approve. Stern has said he doesnt want to take the NBA away from Sac.

This deal is far from done. The Maloofs are going broke, and are probably just using Seattle to milk a higher bid out of local buyers.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
What pisses me off is that the Times and the Tribune are posting front-page stories based on these stupid little tweets. Don't major news outlets corroborate sources anymore, or is that something we just don't do in the twentyfirst century. In the old days, you don't run a story unless the "league source" has confirmation by another source. It's the newspapers that are jerking us around.

Blitzer88

Reaction score

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
drdiags":3naxwfuo said:
Throwdown":3naxwfuo said:
Rollercoaster moving up...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-r ... 16508.html

Now watch in a few hours, the rollercoaster will drop again.

$525 Mil for 65% ownership? You would have thought we were talking 100% but I guess the minority owners don't want to sell their interest? Or did I miss something in Wojo's report?
It was my understanding that the team is valued at 525 total and Hanson will be purchasing 65 pct of that.

Pstark3

Reaction score
"Because Chris Hansen, the venture capital magnate who is seeking to buy the Kings and move them north, is close to Portland Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen and the ownership group of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks, it's been believed in Seattle that Hansen wanted to wait until the Seahawks' season ended before going forward with making his pursuit of the Kings public, so as to not upstage the football team. With the Seahawks' last-second loss Sunday in Atlanta, the time may have come."

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/d ... f:nbahpt6e

Pstark3

Reaction score
didnt even know hansen was buds with Paul Allen. Makes it that much sweeter

slipwax

Reaction score
If there's any truth to that, let's hope the announcement comes soon. I could use some good news right about now

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Pstark3":7uxidpgg said:
"Because Chris Hansen, the venture capital magnate who is seeking to buy the Kings and move them north, is close to Portland Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen and the ownership group of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks, it's been believed in Seattle that Hansen wanted to wait until the Seahawks' season ended before going forward with making his pursuit of the Kings public, so as to not upstage the football team. With the Seahawks' last-second loss Sunday in Atlanta, the time may have come."

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/features/d ... f:nbahpt6e

If thats true that pretty cool. I love Hansen.

Status
Not open for further replies.