Bevell finalist for Bears job

redhawk253

Reaction score
i'd really rather bevell not get the bears job and he heads to jacksonville if he's gona go anywhere that way we can trade him flynn and get some decent value.

kearly

Reaction score
I like Bevell and don't want him to leave. But you have to admit that it's funny how he went from scapegoat to possible head coach of a major market NFL franchise in just 10 glorious Russell Wilson piggybacked weeks.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, I would really hate to see Bevell leave at this point and time. Heck I don't want to see anyone on our staff leave.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Agree, if RW wants him to stay, so do I. Not sure why they didn't use Zach Miller more earlier this season though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":k0mzyv9g said:
I like Bevell and don't want him to leave. But you have to admit that it's funny how he went from scapegoat to possible head coach of a major market NFL franchise in just 10 glorious Russell Wilson piggybacked weeks.

Calling him a "scapegoat" implies the criticisms leveled against him were all unjust.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":e1vwj0ev said:
kearly":e1vwj0ev said:

Calling him a "scapegoat" implies the criticisms leveled against him were all unjust.

Well Pete did admit that he was holding the offense back

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Killa Kam":3fq5ki2v said:
RolandDeschain":3fq5ki2v said:
kearly":3fq5ki2v said:

Well Pete did admit that he was holding the offense back
Huh?

In this case, "he" = Pete... not Bevell... as in... Pete was holding the offense back.

hawker84

Reaction score
Bevell was hot and cold in his playcalling.. seemed to be able to adjust well, but he sometimes waited too long to make the adjustments, case in point last sunday...

so i think he's a good OC, but it does not ruin my day the he may not be here next season...

plus i think RW can adjust to anyone and any style of offense that utilized his strengths...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Floridahawk79":1prd23bg said:
If Bevell leaves, Jay Gruden is who I want.

Gruden is already the OC for the Bengals so I wouldn't hold your breath. Lateral coaching moves rarely happen in the NFL, especially for a guy whose name is being thrown around for head coaching jobs.

From what I've heard here on sports radio in Chicago, it sounds like Trestman is the front runner for the Bears' job.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't buy the argument that Russell wants him back. What's Russell going to say? When has Russ ever done anything but mouth the company, team-first line?
Russell may have a preference one way or another but I don't think it's a blip on his radar if he has a new OC next year. He learned a whole new playbook as a rook well enough to lead his team to multiple comebacks (until they were destroyed by the defense in the last minute).

Paschtorian

Reaction score
The Cardinals getting Darrell Bevell would be a dream-come-true for the Seahawks (for the next YEAR anyway).

This guy sucks. Hands-down.

The ONLY reason he looks good (right now),.........

......is because of Mr. Wilson.