Do you guys root for the Thunder?

hawker84

Reaction score
i don't watch the NBA any more, could care less, and that includes playoffs.. soon as they're back... i'm back..

OP
OP
S

SkittlerLynching

Reaction score
Not a joke, seriously. Just curious. I really enjoy watching Durant play. I don't necessarily root for them, but I do have a man crush on Durant.

Tical21

Reaction score
F No!! I hate them infinitely more than I have ever hated any other team. Clay Bennett can never win a championship. Never. If he gets any closer, I just might go Tanya Harding on Durant. If I ever have to see that POS hoist a championship trophy, I will be pissed off for a decade. I'm turning red just f'n thinking about it. How anyone who was a Sonics fan could ever root for that lying piece of garbage is something I will never be able to comprehend. The Sonics were my favorite pro sports team. Could any of you root for an NFL team in LA if their owner came to Seattle and conned everybody and stole the Seahawks?

Fox0r

Reaction score
When they lost in the Finals last year, it was like the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
NOPE.

I root for them to lose until Seattle gets a team.

I'd rather watch a San Antonio game while at the dentist.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol I don't know if it felt like the Hawks winning the title, but I was rooting for Lebron really damn hard so I was excited, about as excited as I'd be to see The Sounders win it all in the MLS (which would be really excited but not die hard excited), but I was pretty damn relieved they lost, felt like I dodged a bullet.

drdiags

Reaction score
They get enough love across the country, so I am sure they don't need me on the bandwagon. I don't spend time sticking pins in a voodoo doll but hell will have to freeze over before I would pull for them. Having had a few ex-wives I know how to compartmentalize my disappointment. Best of luck to them.

Too bad they didn't get a chance to have Wally Walker be their GM. I am sure they would have several more centers drafted to the team. Would have been special.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":9bfgt9lc said:
Fox0r":9bfgt9lc said:
When they lost in the Finals last year, it was like the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl.

Pretty sad if that's actually how you felt.

Feeling any other way is morally unacceptable, actually.

I long hated LeBron, but now I regard him as perhaps the greatest anti-hero in the history of the world.

McG

Reaction score
Thuck the Funder. The fact that Seattle fans should be able to have a team that can make it to the finals, year in and year out, makes it worse. Even if we get the Kings, we are still going to be garbage for years. It's BS. Glad they lost in the finals, made me sick that I had to root for the Heat.

pinksheets

Reaction score
1340255138572.gif

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I like watching Durant, but as far as the rest of the team and the organization, hell no!

chris98251

Reaction score
Thinking about some more, I would rather turn my back on the Seahawks and be a 49er fan then support or root for the Thunder.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2foi7lgc said:
peachesenregalia":2foi7lgc said:
Fox0r":2foi7lgc said:

Pretty sad if that's actually how you felt.

Feeling any other way is morally unacceptable, actually.

I long hated LeBron, but now I regard him as perhaps the greatest anti-hero in the history of the world.

I would let the Thunder win 3 titles if it meant my Seahawks could win one Super Bowl (if such a correlation could be created through the karmic laws of sports metaphysics). Feeling any other way means you should be on another board.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I still watch a lot of basketball... But i was in the bars every thunder game last years playoffs and celebrated wildly when the heat pulled it off.

I love KD... Hard not to, but i hope he never wins one with Okc.

Spounge84

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2mpl2z7n said:
chris98251":2mpl2z7n said:
Thinking about some more, I would rather turn my back on the Seahawks and be a 49er fan then support or root for the Thunder.

Nonsense.

Sorry Benji, but it's not. The 9ers never took our team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Saw on the news last night I think it was Chris Egan had caught up to Clay Bennett and asked him about how he feels about the City of Seattle, look on his face did not match the words out of his mouth but suffice it to say he said Seattle is a good city and he enjoys it when he comes here. Then asked about getting a basketball team he responded with Seattle has been a great supporter of the NBA.

I wanted to vomit truly as the stoic look never left his face while saying that stuff and knowing he was the one that created a lame duck team to kill fan support as much as he could to steal away to OKC.

As far as the NONSENSE comment, supporting the Thunder is nothing short of going to a party and waking up in bed with your wifes sister somehow and the feeling of being a betrayer to your wife and feeling dirty and like scum.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":jjrjon0g said:
As far as the NONSENSE comment, supporting the Thunder is nothing short of going to a party and waking up in bed with your wifes sister somehow and the feeling of being a betrayer to your wife and feeling dirty and like scum.

hold on... is your wifes sister hot?

Latest posts