Albert Breer Early Mock: DE Ezekiel Ansah

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I would love him to be a hawk. I just have a feeling when he goes to the combine is going to increase his stock a TON.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'm not sold, I think there are better options like Alex Okafor if we go edge rusher in R1.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":16ava0h6 said:
I'm not sold, I think there are better options like Alex Okafor if we go edge rusher in R1.

Eek. I like Okafor, but not in round 1. I'm VERY hesitant of guys who look the part plus some, but dont dominate routinely.

kearly

Reaction score
No pass rusher in round one please*, not unless Werner/Jones is there or Simon's stock skyrockets.

I like Ansah, but that would be a bad pick. Jason Jones gives you almost the exact same player and could be retained at low cost. Why would we think Ansah would be our savior when Jones wasn't? Pete is smarter than that.

*However, if Pete basically gave Ansah Red Bryant's job, it would be worth the high pick for that alone. Ansah looks very good as a 2-gap 5-tech.

Okafor is a bit like Lawrence Jackson or Everson Griffin, and I think he will have a similar career. Just seems like a guy with the good (not great) tools with average intangibles. Okafor is not a LEO, and unless Carroll doubles back on the Red Bryant role I don't see how Okafor fits. Carroll jettisoned Jackson due to not fitting either role. Okafor is not only slow but lacks quickness too. Hard to see him as a fit.

I think Okafor probably deserves a 2nd round grade, and won't be drafted by Seattle.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
fwiw....I would want Ansah to replace Red. What they are doing with Red there is not working. Move Red back inside or just get rid of him. Im done with the Red Bryant experiment. Especially the way things went this year. You can't get a pass rush with him there and when we didn't do that great against the run anyways what's the point.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1kz0xzte said:
fwiw....I would want Ansah to replace Red. What they are doing with Red there is not working. Move Red back inside or just get rid of him. Im done with the Red Bryant experiment. Especially the way things went this year. You can't get a pass rush with him there and when we didn't do that great against the run anyways what's the point.

Agree 100%

kearly

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see where Ansah goes. Lots of appeal to 3-4 teams at end. Guys that look good at both 3-tech and 3-4 end usually don't last long.

skater18000

Reaction score
kearly":31bku6ac said:
Should be interesting to see where Ansah goes. Lots of appeal to 3-4 teams at end. Guys that look good at both 3-tech and 3-4 end usually don't last long.

One minute he plays 3-4 rush and another he is a 3-4 nose and can play both the run and pass!!!

hawker232

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2t6g0bxw said:
Watch this film of him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiOSwicEkk

Time to trade up if needed.

I wasn't very impressed with that highlight reel. He seemed a little raw, but that's easily fixable. He looked pretty vulnerable against the read option.

He shows great huatle, however. chasing the quarterback from behind. Great potential!

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
He sounds a little like JPP. Haven't really studied him though.. just going off this scouting report

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Not a fan of taking guys high in the draft that have only been playing football for 3 years. he had to bulk up to get to 270. And who wnats a guy who thinks his body is a "delicate flower"? WTF?

lukerguy

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":25b0ylzj said:
Watch this film of him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiOSwicEkk

Time to trade up if needed.

I watched it. Not quite sure what you see that would merit a trade up? First of all, we have Clem and Irvin from the edge- this guy first a 3-4 DE like Chandler Jones or Red Bryant. We need to increase our pass rush and this guy had 4 sacks all year?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see it, and especially not if we move up. Our first round pick with either be a LB, Pass rushing DT , or WR

skater18000

Reaction score
We need to increase our pass rush and this guy had 4 sacks all year?
I've watched 3 highlights of him and seen more than 4 sacks. Remember sacks aren't an official stat in college football. So ESPN is lying to you...

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I've written a lot about him, ever since week 1. New posts keep popping up though. Anyway... I saw a stat from my cousin who is a sports writer for a major paper. It showed what Ziggy had done as far as pressures, batted balls, hurries, etc. and he led the country in a stat one of the services had in "pressure" according to the stat service the 2 papers he is employed by uses. That takes all of those factors in. He is a high motor pressure machine. He also has batted down lots of balls. I watched one series that I described in my year long post about him and he hit the QB on 3 straight plays, in one of them he jumped over a guy to do it.

I don't know where guys are getting some of their info here, but I think you're missing the boat if you don't see what an amazingly talented athlete this kid is, and how well he'll do if put in the right situation. He played in a 3-4 or 3-3-5 in college. That defense wasn't designed around him because he's a DT in a 3 man front. It is the defense they've always run. However, they will many times move up a 4th like Van Noy and then he's playing essentially the same position Clemons is. He's not a nose tackle. He'll be a DE in the NFL and a speed rush kind of guy, but also has great moves and power. He is also the fastest big man I've ever seen. As for the knock that he had to bulk up to 270... well he was a world class runner in the 200. Thus his not needing to carry 270 pounds. I've seen him run the 200 at over 250 and as I've said before, it's crazy. He has a big frame.

You don't like his highlight reel? You're missing the boat. I watched every snap he's taken in his life except for their bowl game when I was in the hospital. He's the real deal and is a player much like Clemons only faster.

pehawk

Reaction score
I like him better than Hunt, fo sho. I'd have zero issue with him at #25, none. Athletic, raw, but obvious instincts.

My fear is that he's Mormon. After that doc series called "Big Love" and Te'o creating Leukimia, I just cant trust any of them. I dont even think Shark's ever been ill. In fact, I bet ya Shark's a 6'5" 5-star recruit, hoping to play for his boy, Rashard "Bronco" Mendenhall.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2qamdtou said:
I've written a lot about him, ever since week 1. New posts keep popping up though. Anyway... I saw a stat from my cousin who is a sports writer for a major paper. It showed what Ziggy had done as far as pressures, batted balls, hurries, etc. and he led the country in a stat one of the services had in "pressure" according to the stat service the 2 papers he is employed by uses. That takes all of those factors in. He is a high motor pressure machine. He also has batted down lots of balls. I watched one series that I described in my year long post about him and he hit the QB on 3 straight plays, in one of them he jumped over a guy to do it.
:229031_thewave: :fam: :vodka:

I do like him....but Im really starting to doubt he will reach us.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
pehawk":3v47magv said:
I like him better than Hunt, fo sho. I'd have zero issue with him at #25, none. Athletic, raw, but obvious instincts.

My fear is that he's Mormon. After that doc series called "Big Love" and Te'o creating Leukimia, I just cant trust any of them. I dont even think Shark's ever been ill. In fact, I bet ya Shark's a 6'5" 5-star recruit, hoping to play for his boy, Rashard "Bronco" Mendenhall.

He a convert though.....tbh converts are 10x better than people who were born into Mormonism.