NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Blitzer88":xoj4cz1t said:
http://www.king5.com/news/cities/seattle/Sacramento-mayor-to-present-counteroffer-for-Kings-186984201.html

And the roller-coaster ride continues.

Don't sweat it. Too little too late. Sac has no arena, no billionaires.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The six week thing is meaningless if Hanson announces he has purchased the Kings, and this could happen any day.

drdiags

Reaction score
Doesn't do the NBA any harm in letting Sacramento try to save their team. Plus, with the Seattle group having to provide assurances that the arena will be built with two actions yet to be determined, not sure how they can accomplish that to the NBA's satisfaction? Who knows how a lawsuit will go and the Environmental impact statement could have some wrenches to throw into the works.

Sure sounds like Johnson has a fighting chance. Plus being able to bypass the owner to show the NBA the plan keeps emotions from getting into the works. If I am a Kings fan, I am more hopeful than I was as a Sonics fan with Mayor McCheese and his band of dunderheads.

JOz56

Reaction score
I thought that the current MOU was I-91 compliant? Thats why this is more funny to me than anything.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's is, just the Mariners, the port, and "the citizens with nothing better to do", trying to derail this, something they will all fail miserably at!

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm notice the timing of this, just at the point in the negotiations where the NBA will start looking at the fall out and benefits of pushing the Seattle proposal of Hansens and the Sacramento investor group thats coming together.

Sounds like the Mariners want to squash this badly before it gets more media attention and derails the spring traing hoopla. Fear of being upstaged already before the team is even here let alone next season if the deal is approved.

This suit was filed by the I 91 guy it says but Port authority is involved and who's backing them? Mariners.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Mariners mostly Howard Lincoln is the one's trying to stop this. They don't want more competition for the sports dollar. If two more teams are there to compete with, it means if the M's want to compete locally against successful teams in their own market then they will have to spend the necessary dollars to compete in their division instead of the bargain basement teams they've been trotting out there of late. That is something that Montgomery Burns I mean Lincoln doesn't want to do. Howard is too stupid to see the horrible and permanent PR damage he is doing to the team he runs.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
There has to be a viable plan for a new arena for the NBA to approve the move. That's what these asswipes are trying to do - throw up a tangle of legal technicalities to hinder the Sonics coming back any way they can.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle

RT @ChrisDaniels5: BREAKING: Source tells me deal on Kings-to-#Seattle to be announced soon, perhaps as early as Monday/Tuesday. #NBA

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle

RT @chrisdaniels5: MT @ESPNSteinLine: Maloofs have struck deal to sell 65 % of Kings to Hansen group in Seattle for $525m, sources say

Snohomie

Reaction score
Wow. 525m for 65%? Hansen is not bargain shopping.

If this is true, it's awesome news for us. I can't help but feel bad for the Sacramento fans, though. Nobody deserves an owner like the Maloofs.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Holy crap, if this is true itmakes this crappy day, Niners going to the Superbowl, a bit better!

Status
Not open for further replies.