Chip Kelly to Eagles

pehawk

Reaction score
What/where was the tip, pookie? Quit being a C-tease.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3fhegyo6 said:
Haha. Just means he wants to be an NFL coach.

I'm actually happy about it. Number 1 recruiting problem the Ducks have is that "the Duck system doesnt prepare players for hte NFL". Can't say that anymore.

Depends on how much of the system he takes with him AND if it works at the next level.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
2 of Oregon's top recruits already decommited. This is gonna screw our class. But long term i think will be fine.

Just gotta keep Tyner...

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is really the first year there's been an interest in Bevell and Bradley. I think that they got their interviews in and the word is out on them. They likely come back (although they each have another interview with Bradley at Jacksonville and Bevell in Arizona). I would think by this time next year, one of them may very likely be an NFL head coach (assuming neither gets the gigs they are interviewing for currently)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ca0jix0x said:
Throwdown":ca0jix0x said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, JSeahawks weeps.

the best part about all of this!

J wants Kelly to go.

Well i didnt want him to go. My main preference woudl have been he signed a 10 year contract to stay. But I think him leaving is better then the will he/wont he every year so since he wasnt willing to make that commitment, yes i'm happy he's leaving.

But sorry Throwdown, not weeping. I predict Oregon is in the title game next year with or without Chip Kelly.

Think it will kill our recruiting class for this year but will actually help recruiting long term. Most duck fans hate Chip Kelly's recruiting tactics and feel he's not nearly aggressive enough.

MrCarey

Reaction score
They are going to hire from within and do just fine. Chip just wants to chase after Monte and whoop that ass some more.

Gus probably gonna get the job in Jax.

pehawk

Reaction score
Baldwin replied to my question on Kelly - and thinks Kelly will do well.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Best thing is Gus doesn't go under the roasting spotlight of Philly, I think he could be a good coach but that city is brutal to start with even though I think he could do good things with them on defense and getting back to handing the ball of to McCoy. I also think Jacksonville has a lot of issues with ownership and team relocation being a possibility. Really, Gus would of been great for a team like Chicago.

pehawk

Reaction score
I just wanted to brag that Baldwin and I are friends.

Sure, Rock has Walt, but they get along because they're both old and neither of their mules work anymore. DBFresh and I are young dudes that just like to kick.

mikeak

Reaction score
DTexHawk":32wx8dm0 said:
JSeahawks":32wx8dm0 said:
Haha. Just means he wants to be an NFL coach.

I'm actually happy about it. Number 1 recruiting problem the Ducks have is that "the Duck system doesnt prepare players for hte NFL". Can't say that anymore.

Depends on how much of the system he takes with him AND if it works at the next level.

Keep Vick, add Tebow, Reggie Bush, Dixon, Geno & Vince Young - 3 of those are relatively cheap.......

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2h7gz39c said:
Meanwhile Monte Kiffin is freaking out because now he has to play Chip twice a year.

:lol:

Though to be fair.. DeMarcus Ware on his own is better than the 11 guys USC had on D last year

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":df04sipr said:
2 of Oregon's top recruits already decommited. This is gonna screw our class. But long term i think will be fine.

Just gotta keep Tyner...

Doubt it. Oregon's facing sanctions and without Kelly I think they will start to sink back to a state of utter mediocrity.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Interesting. The way Bradley interviews (good enough to steal the DC job from Dan Quinn who we had already hired to do the job, then good enough to have Pete keep him even though he purged most of the other coaches) I figured he'd easily find a HC job. But the Chargers picked someone else, and now the Eagles have as well.

Bradley did say in an interview that he loves it here and that his family has "flourished" in Seattle. That might play a factor.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
From Peter King's tweet:

"@SI_PeterKing: RT @NicoFalah: Chip Kelly left?!?! He was at my house 2 days ago ... Nico Falah's an Oregon recruit."

Reminds me of the girl who sets up a backup date in case her main date cancels.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":295z8oax said:
From Peter King's tweet:

"@SI_PeterKing: RT @NicoFalah: Chip Kelly left?!?! He was at my house 2 days ago ... Nico Falah's an Oregon recruit."

Reminds me of the girl who sets up a backup date in case her main date cancels.

Nico Falah is a USC commit who had about a 1% chance of becoming a Duck before Chip left. If he decommits from USC he'll most likely be a Husky. Which was the case before Chip left as well.

Nico Falah text: "No (doesn't change things) - he told me if he leaves one of the current staff members will take his place so yes they are still an option still."

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Bummed you guys deleted the thread where I called this 9 days ago!!! :( Wahhhhhhhhhhh

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":38j61j5n said:
Throwdown":38j61j5n said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, JSeahawks weeps.

the best part about all of this!

J wants Kelly to go.

Yeah I didn't see that til they merged threads together, now I feel like an ass... Kinda, but not really.

Latest posts