At least we only have ourselves to blame.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
My compliments to the officials. The worst feeling I have ever had as a football fan was the feeling of helplessness as I watched my favorite team do everything possible to overcome and with every cheer of success only to get ripped away by another WTF questionable call while simultainiosly gifting our opponent with the game of "close enough".

If that wasn't enough then for the foreseeable future with we as Seattle fans get labor eleven ed as! Whiners to be a constant reminder of it. Nothing lime being told to quit complaining after you had just been blatantly screwed.

In that regard it is refreshing to see how Seahawks fans have handled this loss. Sure we can complain the 10am start sucked or our defense should have held or even the mistaken clock run off that left us with no time but none of those is anything like watching your guts get ripped out and being told to shut up and.deal with it.

For that I say thanks to this crew of officials who allowed the teams and coaching staffs decide who wins.

We will be ready next year and I am pretty confident we won't be traveling or playing 10 am games come playoff time and good luck to any team trying to make their way to the big game having to go through the Clink.

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sorry about spelling. Cell phone post on lunch break but you get the idea.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Agreed. At no point during this game did I ever sense the refs were out to screw us. That's a first right there. They've been out to screw us for so long that it's become second nature to expect it. But not this time. This time, the refs were fair.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If XL* was called like this years 2 Seattle playoff games we'd have a Lombardi! I'm usually pretty critical when it comes to the zebras post XL* but they were a non factor this postseason for us which is a compliment to them.

Osprey

Reaction score
Good post.

I'm pretty rough on the refs too, but the only call I was gobsmacked on was the hold called against Kam when Tony G. was pulling him down field by the helmet.

On a side note, does anyone else think it's time to start calling offensive players for attacking with the crown of their helmet? The one big run by Rogers you could practically see the thought bubble as Earl squared up on him and Jacquizz drops his head and spears him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The officiating this post season has been well above what it normally is and I agree our team's games were fair all the way around. HOWEVER, give it time folks. The shit refereeing is coming.........or have you all forgotten that Mike Carey is the referee for the Super Bowl.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Good post. It's good that we can acknowledge the refs when they do a good job, and not only when we are complaining about them. I thought they did a great job in both playoff games. There is always going to be bad calls, but there were none that were HUGE calls that impacted the game in a major way.

garydrake425

Reaction score
Osprey":3npxzwvl said:
Good post.

I'm pretty rough on the refs too, but the only call I was gobsmacked on was the hold called against Kam when Tony G. was pulling him down field by the helmet.

On a side note, does anyone else think it's time to start calling offensive players for attacking with the crown of their helmet? The one big run by Rogers you could practically see the thought bubble as Earl squared up on him and Jacquizz drops his head and spears him.

You mean like Mike Rob on every play that he has the ball in space. That's what i love about him. Bull rush Tillman into a concussion or into the end zone for a TD.

Refs called a fair game imo.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
wow some people are still blaming the refs for XL. Wow some of can you hold a grudge. It SUCKED that we lost, but if we want to win then we should play better because the threat of bad officiating is ALWAYS there.

Latest posts