Chip Kelly to Eagles

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":15v64opj said:
JSeahawks":15v64opj said:
2 of Oregon's top recruits already decommited. This is gonna screw our class. But long term i think will be fine....
Whistling past the graveyard J?

I'm not sure what that means. But if yorue asking me if i'm worried about the long term prospects for the Ducks? Not in the slightest.

And i was wrong about those 2 recruits. Theyre twins. 1 of them is saying they're going to look at other schools. The other is saying they're still solid to Oregon. We'll see.

canzag

Reaction score
Good luck to him at the next level.I would have liked to see him take the Carolina job and give his offense to Cam Newton.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2fbz0svj said:
Thou protest to much J? ;)

Nah, just posting on a subject that has great interest to me. (my 13,000 posts say I tend to do that...)

October 12th, 2013 the Decade of Dominance gets completed. Then we start another decade.

pehawk

Reaction score
Annnnnnd, first twitter report hit that the reason Kelly reconsidered is due to, wait for it, wait for it, bowl bans and scholarship reductions.

Dont be good one the West Coast, it pisses the NCAA off! It's okay for Auburn to straight hand CASH to kids, because, well, that's the SEC.

Reminds me of the classic Inside the NBA Moment a few years ago;

"Remember what I offered you to go to Auburn, Dirk?" - Charles Barkley
"Yes, $1M dollars" - Dirk
"That's would be cheating Charles" - Ernie Johnson
"It's the SEC...so the NCAA says its okay" - Charles Barkley

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":11w82my2 said:
Annnnnnd, first twitter report hit that the reason Kelly reconsidered is due to, wait for it, wait for it, bowl bans and scholarship reductions.

Dont be good one the West Coast, it pisses the NCAA off! It's okay for Auburn to straight hand CASH to kids, because, well, that's the SEC.

I'm not denying that Oregon faces sanctions. I know they'll get something (although i'd be surprised if its a bowl ban, i expect a loss of some scholarships, but we'll see).

Of course there's going to be speculation about why he left but that viewpoint doesnt make any sense unless some huge news came out in the last week and a half, which hasnt happened. Its not like the investigation is some big secret that just started, its been going on for 2 and a half years. So if that was Chips reason for leaving he would have just left a couple weeks ago when the possibility first came up. I think the more likely reason is this:

There will also be an interesting debate about if Kelly was given enough personnel power. Freeman reports Kelly got a "large amount of personnel say."

Source says Chip Kelly is indeed head coach of the Eagles. ESPN was first to report this. I'm told Kelly got large amount of personnel say.

— mike freeman (@realfreemancbs) January 16, 2013
This makes sense: the best tactic that you can ever have in a negotiation is to walk away from talks. Kelly did just that, "returning" to Oregon and spurning the NFL and, apparently, convincing the Eagles to give him the personnel control that he wanted.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... rom-oregon

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":1wx417am said:
I'm not buying any of that, J.

Well then what do you think changed between two weeks ago and now regarding any sanctions? The earliest any new info will come out is this spring when they go to their NCAA "trial". Right now its just a holding period as far as that is all concerned.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Ha, I was just bustin your balls, bro.

You're good at guessing things that are 50/50, way to go.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1s5rwb7p said:
Haha. Just means he wants to be an NFL coach.

I'm actually happy about it. Number 1 recruiting problem the Ducks have is that "the Duck system doesnt prepare players for hte NFL". Can't say that anymore.

Clever. :th2thumbs:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Might as well get the rumor mill started.

Kelly is going to trade for Jonathon Stewart, Dennis Dixon, Ed Dickson, and he's going to send an inquiry to Carroll about Unger. He'll then draft Dion Jordan and Carson York.

Who else did I miss?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":10ktxzqn said:

Kelly is going to trade for Jonathon Stewart, Dennis Dixon, Ed Dickson, and he's going to send an inquiry to Carroll about Unger. He'll then draft Dion Jordan and Carson York.

Who else did I miss?

Darron Thomas.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
A lot of speculation in the Portland radio media that his offense will look a lot more like the Patriots than like the Ducks. (For those that dont know Bellicek and Chip are buddies who have spent time at each other's practices).

Also, its being reported that his likely defensive coordinator will be the d. coordinator from the university of Georgia and that they'll be switching Philly to a 3-4.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2lv7ngdy said:

Who else did I miss?

Walter Thurmond.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1mlr9pem said:
(For those that dont know Bellicek and Chip are buddies who have spent time at each other's practices).

That would explain the pending sactions!

Sorry J. Someone was going to say it

Latest posts