WOW - ND LB T'eo's dead GF story a HOAX!!!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
He's not getting by the Jets pick, that's for sure (rimshot).

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
pehawk":3u9blgfa said:
pinksheets":3u9blgfa said:
So Notre Dame says Teo is the VICTIM of a hoax, but Teo had said he physically met her after a Stanford game and told family that he met with her when she visited him in Hawaii.

I know, right?

This is the greatest story ever. It wouldn't fly as a novel, let alone real life.

He was either in on it the whole time or is the stupidest person on Earth

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1dp9604a said:
pehawk":1dp9604a said:
pinksheets":1dp9604a said:
So Notre Dame says Teo is the VICTIM of a hoax, but Teo had said he physically met her after a Stanford game and told family that he met with her when she visited him in Hawaii.

I know, right?

This is the greatest story ever. It wouldn't fly as a novel, let alone real life.

He was either in on it the whole time or is the stupidest person on Earth

No need to be racist.

Yeah, he was in on it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Reading through the report, warning flags were flying everywhere. Musically gifted, Stanford graduate (thus intelligent), perfect, etc. etc. then diagnosed with leukemia BEFORE being killed in a car crash? It's like a Stephenie Meyer character.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":38zrkc6b said:
Reading through the report, warning flags were flying everywhere. Musically gifted, Stanford graduate (thus intelligent), perfect, etc. etc. then diagnosed with leukemia BEFORE being killed in a car crash? It's like a Stephenie Meyer character.
She was diagnosed AFTER...didn't die in the car accident.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Wait til the Russell Wilson hoax is outed. We'll come to find that Wilson is actually 6'5 and has been playing on his knees all along.

JKent82

Reaction score
Bizarre. Looking back on him talking about it and the details about it show pretty clear signs something was up.

But seriously this is weird as hell. They way he talked about it, it seems like there's no way he wasn't in on it. We'll see though, plenty more info to come.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1bpgacii said:
Sarlacc83":1bpgacii said:
She was diagnosed AFTER...didn't die in the car accident.

You're right. Either way, it's ridiculous.

I never paid attention to the story, but I kind of wish I had now, because my BS instinct would have kicked in when I saw that. As someone else mentioned, you wouldn't buy that characterization in a novel (unless you were a lonely housewife or you read Dan Brown books).

drdiags

Reaction score
How does he not know that this would eventually hit the light of day? I thought I read in the story that the father, Brian claimed to have met the girl friend. Time to go back to the story to clear up this bit of confusion.

EDIT: Okay, Pops states that Manti would see her in Hawaii while they both were on the Island. So T'eo cannot claim he was duped, otherwise he was lying about hooking up with mythical girl to Pops. Or Pops just made assumptions?

2010-2011: Te'o and Kekua are friends. "She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them" (South Bend Tribune). "They started out as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."

kearly

Reaction score
I've read up on this and I'm still not quite sure what happened. Has Te'o confessed to being in on it or is he claiming someone tricked him in some way? The latter is what he claimed when he went to ND with it on Dec. 26th.

pinksheets

Reaction score
kearly":2nalpdpn said:
I've read up on this and I'm still not quite sure what happened. Has Te'o confessed to being in on it or is he claiming someone tricked him in some way? The latter is what he claimed when he went to ND with it on Dec. 26th.
But if Deadspin has been working on this and calling around, and eventually the real girl called the Tuiasosopo kid inquiring about it....easily could've been a preemptive move knowing this was going to break.

He claimed to have met her in person, so he's either lying about something small and irreversibly stupid or a lying chump and irreversibly stupid.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1az46y0t said:
I don't know about you guys but I would be so embarrassed if Seahawks drafted this guy

Why? He acquitted himself well in the National Championship and his head is clearly in the right place.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1m6notbm said:
I don't know about you guys but I would be so embarrassed if Seahawks drafted this guy
I wouldn't...the guy is beyond weird to make up a relationship, but he's a monster on the field.

Latest posts