WOW - ND LB T'eo's dead GF story a HOAX!!!

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • BANG

That's the sound of Manti Te'o landing in round six of the draft.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• SharkHawk wrote:Not gonna say "I told you so".... but feel free to read back a ways on Manti and my thoughts on him. I liked him as a high schooler, I liked him as a college player. I mentioned "issues", but said I wouldn't get into specifics out of respect for his privacy and not wanting to be a rumor spreader. But I did discuss that he had some situations that were a concern, that his BYU visit was a mess, that coaches told him to go elsewhere, and his cousin went through the same business after coming to school and getting booted.

There is a lot to like about him, but there is a real immaturity that has been evident since day 1. I will go no further. I will just say that this doesn't surprise me, this kind of behavior is par for the course, and it wouldn't be the first time he had pulled a completely moronic stunt for attention that ended up burning him.

Those who called me a "hater" obviously don't understand how the family connections work and how people know stuff, at least to some degree. Manti has always been a superior athlete, and a really super friendly kid. But he's also been known for doing some really super dumb stuff. So... no surprise. It is what it is, and hopefully he grows up one of these days. I thought this year he might have made some leaps in that department. Apparently I was wrong if this story is what I think it is (and I think it is something that I'll leave alone).

What's the point of a post like this? "I know stuff but I'm not gonna say" Why even say you have background knowledge of anything?

I'm not asking for more information, I don't really care. I just don't get the whole "I know but you can't" sort of thing. If you know something, good for you, but why even say publicly that you do?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• ESPN radio is pushing the idea he was a victim of a hoax himself big time. That he got fooled by a fake internet relationship. Bullshit. He told people he met her in person after a football game.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Not gonna say "I told you so".... but feel free to read back a ways on Manti and my thoughts on him. I liked him as a high schooler, I liked him as a college player. I mentioned "issues", but said I wouldn't get into specifics out of respect for his privacy and not wanting to be a rumor spreader. But I did discuss that he had some situations that were a concern, that his BYU visit was a mess, that coaches told him to go elsewhere, and his cousin went through the same business after coming to school and getting booted.

There is a lot to like about him, but there is a real immaturity that has been evident since day 1. I will go no further. I will just say that this doesn't surprise me, this kind of behavior is par for the course, and it wouldn't be the first time he had pulled a completely moronic stunt for attention that ended up burning him.

Those who called me a "hater" obviously don't understand how the family connections work and how people know stuff, at least to some degree. Manti has always been a superior athlete, and a really super friendly kid. But he's also been known for doing some really super dumb stuff. So... no surprise. It is what it is, and hopefully he grows up one of these days. I thought this year he might have made some leaps in that department. Apparently I was wrong if this story is what I think it is (and I think it is something that I'll leave alone).

What's the point of a post like this? "I know stuff but I'm not gonna say" Why even say you have background knowledge of anything?

I'm not asking for more information, I don't really care. I just don't get the whole "I know but you can't" sort of thing. If you know something, good for you, but why even say publicly that you do?

But if he does a good job pleasuring his GF, he'll get to tell us what the new unis look like..
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• I do not believe anything he or Notre Dame is saying. He obviously created this whole BS thing to help drive his Heisman hype machine. I remember seeing him claim to have met her in person. Really pathetic.

After seeing him get demolished in the BCS title game, I did not think he was a first round pick. Now I have no interest in seeing him on the Hawks at all.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Not gonna say "I told you so".... but feel free to read back a ways on Manti and my thoughts on him. I liked him as a high schooler, I liked him as a college player. I mentioned "issues", but said I wouldn't get into specifics out of respect for his privacy and not wanting to be a rumor spreader. But I did discuss that he had some situations that were a concern, that his BYU visit was a mess, that coaches told him to go elsewhere, and his cousin went through the same business after coming to school and getting booted.

I think his point is that he indicated that there were character issues with Teo but others called him out on it. So he's just saying that maybe people will be a little more reserved in their responses to his posts about players.

I know I personally appreciate Shark's knowledge of BYU player and Mountain area players. He has always been accurate and I never saw any "I Know and you don't" from him.

He's just sharing information, and there are some of us on here that appreciate it and don't make negative assumptions about his intent.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• pehawk wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:So Notre Dame says Teo is the VICTIM of a hoax, but Teo had said he physically met her after a Stanford game and told family that he met with her when she visited him in Hawaii.

I know, right?

This is the greatest story ever. It wouldn't fly as a novel, let alone real life.

It's not just Teo, think of the Sports illustrated hack who reported the "touching" scene of them on the phone together with here sleeping.. There was some collusion on the media's part. They are just as guilty. Wouldn't you think a legitimate reporter would want confirm some stuff before running with such a crazy story. Any sort of investigative journalism would have uncovered the truth long before now.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Maybe Sharkhawk is being a little more reserved since his last character defamation crusade (Mike Leach) ended up just looking like a personal vendetta. But, he's right, Teo has a history of immaturity, and whatever way this ends up slicing, his immaturity has once again hurt him. The whole thing is funny and sad.

Teo got exposed against Alabama, ND made their bones beating mediocre teams this year, just like they do every year. If you get overpowered physically against Alabama, you'll get overpowered in the NFL.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• LINK: http://articles.southbendtribune.com/20 ... head-coach

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

"And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now."

About the time Kekua and Manti became a couple, she was injured in an auto accident. There were complications during her recovery. And it was also during her recovery that it was discovered Kekua had leukemia.

"That was just in June," Brian Te'o said. "I remember Manti telling me later she was going to have a bone marrow transplant and, sure enough, that's exactly what happened. From all I knew, she was doing really, really well."

Kekua, who eventually graduated from Stanford, was, in fact, doing so well that she was released from the hospital on Sept. 10. And Brian Te'o was among those congratulating her via telephone.

Less than 48 hours later, at 4 a.m. Hawaii time, Kekua sent a text to Brian and Ottilia, expressing her condolences over the passing of Ottilia's mom, Annette Santiago, just hours before.

Brian awakened three hours later, saw the text, and sent one back. There was no response. A couple of hours later, Manti called his parents, his heart in pieces.

Lennay Kekua had died.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• Notre Dame is going to end up wearing the shame too. Supposedly they knew Dec. 26 the story wasn't true, but said nothing til the Deadspin story was set to break.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• "Umm, Mr Emery, there's a Brian Kelly on the phone?"
    "Errr, please tell him no thanks. We went w/Trestman"
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:BANG

Normally I'd just chalk this up to trolling but considering your previous ridiculous prediction regarding "character issues" I can't tell what you're really up to here.

Do you actually believe this?
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

• Hahahahaha...oh man, I'm sorry, but this is the funniest story ever. Watching his interview is so awkward.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• SuperHawks wrote:Do you actually believe this?

Rob's not a troll, lol.

I think he's right. In fact, going undrafted is a real possibility. Chris Polk had a second round grade but went undrafted in large part due to giving terrible interviews. GMs are very wary of people with attitude or mental problems, even more so after the Jovan Belcher incident. The fact that Te'o is clearly still lying saying that he was a victim of his own hoax makes it so much worse.

And Te'o is hardly the missing piece of a championship team. If he was the next Lawrence Taylor, somebody would take the gamble early. But he's basically a run of the mill tackle machine MLB. This is really going to hurt him. Millions of dollars and maybe an NFL dream just went out the window.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Scottemojo wrote:Notre Dame is going to end up wearing the shame too. Supposedly they knew Dec. 26 the story wasn't true, but said nothing til the Deadspin story was set to break.

ESPN will too. It is very obvious that Te'o is lying to cover up his lie. He is a pathological liar that is trying to shift the blame to his accomplice. Te'o has made several conflicting statements that show he is obviously behind it. He has made statements about meeting her in person and even today mentioned talking to her on the phone. How? The "inventor" of this hoax, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, is both male and a close friend of Te'o. Did he just find some random girl to trick Te'o with?

I have never seen a prospect screw himself harder for less.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:Do you actually believe this?

Rob's not a troll, lol.

I think he's right. In fact, going undrafted is a real possibility. Chris Polk had a second round grade but went undrafted in large part due to giving terrible interviews. GMs are very wary of people with attitude or mental problems, even more so after the Jovan Belcher incident. The fact that Te'o is clearly still lying saying that he was a victim of his own hoax makes it so much worse.

And Te'o is hardly the missing piece of a championship team. If he was the next Lawrence Taylor, somebody would take the gamble early. But he's basically a run of the mill tackle machine MLB. This is really going to hurt him. Millions of dollars and maybe an NFL dream just went out the window.

Couldn't disagree more with this entire post. New facts are coming to light by the hour. How about waiting for all the facts before crucifying the guy? You may be right when all is said and done but it's far from the certainty you're making it out to be at this point.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

• This whole story is cracking me up.

Dude is coming off looking REAL bad right now.

I keep picturing him talking to himself on the phone with a blonde wig on, putting on a nice shade of red lipstick. Guy is nuts.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• SuperHawks wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:BANG

Normally I'd just chalk this up to trolling but considering your previous ridiculous prediction regarding "character issues" I can't tell what you're really up to here.

Yeah.. ridiculous projection to have a suspended Michael Floyd in the middle rounds one whole year before he entered the draft after yet another DUI.

But feel free to get involved in this thread. It's not like you embarrassed yourself in the BCS Championship discussion....

Oh... wait...
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:BANG

Yeah.. ridiculous projection to have a suspended Michael Floyd in the middle rounds one whole year before he entered the draft after yet another DUI.

But feel free to get involved in this thread. It's not like you embarrassed yourself in the BCS Championship discussion....

Oh... wait...

So that's a yes?
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

• Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.

2010-2011: Te'o and Kekua are friends. "She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them" (South Bend Tribune). "They started out as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there.

Sept. 10, 2012: Kekua is released from the hospital; Manti's father, Brian, congratulates her "via telephone" (South Bend Tribune).

The stuff I've quoted is from from the Deadspin article. They refer to items published in the SB Tribune. Either the Tribune is full of BS or Manti and/or his father lied. Either way, something smells.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• SuperHawks wrote:
    So that's a yes?

I have no idea how this will impact his stock. Me suggesting he could sink like a stone is hardly 'trolling' on a Seahawks message board with one known Notre Dame fan. But then we know you're a sensitive soul, I'm just waiting for you to crack out the 'hater' word again. That worked so well for you last time. Didn't look silly at all.

LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... les-story/
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:
    So that's a yes?

I have no idea how this will impact his stock. Me suggesting he could sink like a stone is hardly 'trolling' on a Seahawks message board with one known Notre Dame fan. But then we know you're a sensitive soul, I'm just waiting for you to crack out the 'hater' word again. That worked so well for you last time. Didn't look silly at all.

LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... les-story/

Thanks for clarifying.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

• Now they're saying Leukimea isn't real.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• This dude is straight clown shoes.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• pehawk wrote:Now they're saying Leukimea isn't real.

I've been beating this drum for a while. Leukemia was invented by medical corporations to squeeze out more profit.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I have a feeling Te'o is sort of telling the truth.

Only "Lennay" isn't his lover.. its this Tuiasosopo kid.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Now they're saying Leukimea isn't real.

I've been beating this drum for a while. Leukemia was invented by medical corporations to squeeze out more profit.

No, it's a hoax. Not even a real disease.

You know what that means, dont you? The bald kids Russell Wilson visits on Tuesdays are in on it too.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Now they're saying Leukimea isn't real.

No, it's a hoax. Not even a real disease.

You know what that means, dont you? The bald kids Russell Wilson visits on Tuesdays are in on it too.

Yes, that was my point. Leukemia is fictional. A fabrication designed to make people THINK they're sick, but really it's just these pills the medical industry gives you. they make you exhibit the signs of this fictional disease, but you don't really have anything. It's like a placebo, only more profitable.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I hope if this guy really starts to fall in the draft that we can pick him up at a value. This seems like the exact type of thing John and Pete would be all over.

(Remember how Bruce Irvin had "off the field" issues that supposedly effected his draft?)
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:I hope if this guy really starts to fall in the draft that we can pick him up at a value. This seems like the exact type of thing John and Pete would be all over.

(Remember how Bruce Irvin had "off the field" issues that supposedly effected his draft?)

*affected, and not even close to the same thing. Irvin grew up in a thuggish background and had some red on his ledger, but he was making an effort to turn his life around.

Te'o appears to be a pathological liar who fabricated a girlfriend that got way out of hand, then he killed her off, and rode the crest of the PR wave that followed. Now it's caught up to him and he's trying to lie his way out of it. That's not going to be a good presence in the locker room.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:I hope if this guy really starts to fall in the draft that we can pick him up at a value. This seems like the exact type of thing John and Pete would be all over.

If he was the best option left at 25, we are in a lot of trouble.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I REALLY hate ND now, they drug our QB into this (no, that's NOT racism, even though Flynn's Somoan). Teo made Wilson visit bald kids, to perpetuate this leukemia fantasy, which supposedly took his imaginary grandfather who was Marques Tuiasopo.

My confusion is how did Teo convince Hass and Dilfer to be bald children too?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:I REALLY hate ND now, they drug our QB into this (no, that's NOT racism, even though Flynn's Somoan). Teo made Wilson visit bald kids, to perpetuate this leukemia fantasy, which supposedly took his imaginary grandfather who was Marques Tuiasopo.

My confusion is how did Teo convince Hass and Dilfer to be bald children too?

My suspicion is that there are a lot more players involved here than we're aware of, and this is part of a decades-long conspiracy. Flynn's nationality shouldn't come into play, but with things as they are, we can't rule anything out. the baldness is just the beginning. The Leukemia and Lymphoma society? Fronts for Te'o's PR machine. Marques Tuiasosopo is almost certainly a major player in this, and we HAVE to look as Pisa Tinoisomoa as a part of this whole thing. And while we're at it....what's with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson these days? He's Samoan, AND is now a semi-major movie star...what could HIS role be in all of this?
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Holy shit! Now it's come out Ray Lewis never actually killed a man...?

What is going on!?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• I'm freaking out right now. What other massive lies could be out there waiting to be exposed?
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• peachesenregalia wrote:I'm freaking out right now. What other massive lies could be out there waiting to be exposed?

I dont know, but I'm pretty sure YOU'RE from France and English is from Norway.

The only way to really make sense of it all is too blame the Jews. It's helping me.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:I'm freaking out right now. What other massive lies could be out there waiting to be exposed?

I dont know, but I'm pretty sure YOU'RE from France and English is from Norway.

The only way to really make sense of it all is too blame the Jews. It's helping me.

Rob is Norwegian, we already know this to be a fact. I'm NOT from France, but I recently found out that I may or may not have been born in the mountain municipality of Andorra, which is on the border between France and Spain, so I can see where you may have made that mistake. Blaming the Jews can't help us now. Didn't work for Hitler or Mad Max, and it certainly won't work for you.

**UPDATE** - The Rock says he received a phonecall once from Te'o, but never met him in person. Something's definitely amiss here...
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Oh the comedy!

Seth Meyers ‏@sethmeyers21
    These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead.

The Fake ESPN ‏@TheFakeESPN
    Manti Te'o imagines being a starting linebacker in the NFL, only to wake up with a McDonalds spatula in his hand.

Historical Quotes ‏@historyofquotes
    My 1000th tweet goes out to Manti Te'o's girlfriend, Palmela Handerson.

Holly Frederick ‏@hollyefrederick
    I hear Manti Te-o is the front runner to star in the remake of HARVEY.

Steven Amiri ‏@StevenAmiri
    “Better to have fake loved and fake lost than to have never loved at all.” - Manti Te’o

Ms. Bama Baseball ‏@BamaBaseballGal
    AJ McCarron's girlfriend will be featured in an SI Swimsuit issue. Manti Te'o's girlfriend will be featured on Myth Busters.

Not Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayliss
    The only person to ever see Manti Te'o's girlfriend in person is the Dos Equis most interesting man in the world

Tom Nichols ‏@Tomination33
    Manti Te'o's girl is Miss January in the 2013 Mayan calendar.

The Logg ‏@The_Logg
    I hear this whole T'eo thing will be exposed on To Catch a Predator during sweeps week. #Dateline #HowOldDidSheSaySheWas?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• peachesenregalia wrote: Blaming the Jews can't help us now. Didn't work for Hitler or Mad Max, and it certainly won't work for you.

Wait a minute...Tom Hardy's involved? Makes sense, he did shave his head in Bronson and in Batman Forever.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote: Blaming the Jews can't help us now. Didn't work for Hitler or Mad Max, and it certainly won't work for you.

Wait a minute...Tom Hardy's involved? Makes sense, he did shave his head in Bronson and in Batman Forever.

EXACTLY. And by that same token, That chick who played Matilda in Leon also shaved her head in that sad abortion of a movie 'V for Vendetta', so we'll need to make sure she doesn't leave the country. This is big. Massive, really.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Love that movie, Leon. But she played Amalie, not Matilda (you're SO stupid). That movie was all about Oldman playing a midget black-pimp, though, he stole it.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• And now, "Dear Abby" died. Wow Te'o, wow.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:Love that movie, Leon. But she played Amalie, not Matilda (you're SO stupid). That movie was all about Oldman playing a midget black-pimp, though, he stole it.

You're thinking of True Romance. Easy mistake to make since Jean Reno plays the part of Elvis in that movie, and has the exact same accent as in Leon, and also Christopher Walken is in both films.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• No, no, no. You're mixing things up. You're thinking of Walken's role in the dodgeball film starring Jack Black, not to be confused with the ping pong movie starring Jerry Stiller and Ricky Vaugn (from Major League).

(wow, we need cliff notes for this)

T'eo just did claim Dear Abby was his mom.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:No, no, no. You're mixing things up. You're thinking of Walken's role in the dodgeball film starring Jack Black, not to be confused with the ping pong movie starring Jerry Stiller and Ricky Vaugn (from Major League).

(wow, we need cliff notes for this)

T'eo just did claim Dear Abby was his mom.

Dear Abby was Jewish.

You just blew my mind.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Told ya. Sometimes it just pays to be anti-semetic.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information