WOW - ND LB T'eo's dead GF story a HOAX!!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":112t4tqn said:
SeahawksFanForever":112t4tqn said:
I don't know about you guys but I would be so embarrassed if Seahawks drafted this guy
I wouldn't...the guy is beyond weird to make up a relationship, but he's a monster on the field.

A) He was a non-factor against Alabama

B) This might have been a huge publicity stunt. If so, then do you really want to draft the kind of player who's willing to put his career at stake in order for some pub?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CANHawk":suzg00e4 said:
Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick that's a long article. What's the Cliff Notes version?
Catfish

So says Manti

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2x0swo31 said:
Hawkfan77":2x0swo31 said:
Sarlacc83":2x0swo31 said:
A) He was a non-factor against Alabama
So?

He's only a monster against lesser competition. I expect him to have plenty of games in the NFL like he had in the NC.
I hate ND and don't like giving them any credit but this just isn't true at all.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
He is a good player. He's like Lofa Tatupu, if Lofa wasn't smaller than me.

kearly

Reaction score
He's basically a less gifted tackle machine type like Luke Kuechly. I think he is worth it, but Seattle might demand more speed at MLB than what Te'o offers. I wouldn't lose sleep if he fell to us and Seattle passed. Seattle's options at #25 are going to kick ass this year.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Not gonna say "I told you so".... but feel free to read back a ways on Manti and my thoughts on him. I liked him as a high schooler, I liked him as a college player. I mentioned "issues", but said I wouldn't get into specifics out of respect for his privacy and not wanting to be a rumor spreader. But I did discuss that he had some situations that were a concern, that his BYU visit was a mess, that coaches told him to go elsewhere, and his cousin went through the same business after coming to school and getting booted.

There is a lot to like about him, but there is a real immaturity that has been evident since day 1. I will go no further. I will just say that this doesn't surprise me, this kind of behavior is par for the course, and it wouldn't be the first time he had pulled a completely moronic stunt for attention that ended up burning him.

Those who called me a "hater" obviously don't understand how the family connections work and how people know stuff, at least to some degree. Manti has always been a superior athlete, and a really super friendly kid. But he's also been known for doing some really super dumb stuff. So... no surprise. It is what it is, and hopefully he grows up one of these days. I thought this year he might have made some leaps in that department. Apparently I was wrong if this story is what I think it is (and I think it is something that I'll leave alone).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1pghtcmx said:
Not gonna say "I told you so".... but feel free to read back a ways on Manti and my thoughts on him. I liked him as a high schooler, I liked him as a college player. I mentioned "issues", but said I wouldn't get into specifics out of respect for his privacy and not wanting to be a rumor spreader. But I did discuss that he had some situations that were a concern, that his BYU visit was a mess, that coaches told him to go elsewhere, and his cousin went through the same business after coming to school and getting booted.

There is a lot to like about him, but there is a real immaturity that has been evident since day 1. I will go no further. I will just say that this doesn't surprise me, this kind of behavior is par for the course, and it wouldn't be the first time he had pulled a completely moronic stunt for attention that ended up burning him.

Those who called me a "hater" obviously don't understand how the family connections work and how people know stuff, at least to some degree. Manti has always been a superior athlete, and a really super friendly kid. But he's also been known for doing some really super dumb stuff. So... no surprise. It is what it is, and hopefully he grows up one of these days. I thought this year he might have made some leaps in that department. Apparently I was wrong if this story is what I think it is (and I think it is something that I'll leave alone).

What's the point of a post like this? "I know stuff but I'm not gonna say" Why even say you have background knowledge of anything?

I'm not asking for more information, I don't really care. I just don't get the whole "I know but you can't" sort of thing. If you know something, good for you, but why even say publicly that you do?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ESPN radio is pushing the idea he was a victim of a hoax himself big time. That he got fooled by a fake internet relationship. Bullshit. He told people he met her in person after a football game.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":ecxwared said:
SharkHawk":ecxwared said:

What's the point of a post like this? "I know stuff but I'm not gonna say" Why even say you have background knowledge of anything?

I'm not asking for more information, I don't really care. I just don't get the whole "I know but you can't" sort of thing. If you know something, good for you, but why even say publicly that you do?

But if he does a good job pleasuring his GF, he'll get to tell us what the new unis look like..
Trollface small normal2pl7 1

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I do not believe anything he or Notre Dame is saying. He obviously created this whole BS thing to help drive his Heisman hype machine. I remember seeing him claim to have met her in person. Really pathetic.

After seeing him get demolished in the BCS title game, I did not think he was a first round pick. Now I have no interest in seeing him on the Hawks at all.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3v41r8wj said:
SharkHawk":3v41r8wj said:

I think his point is that he indicated that there were character issues with Teo but others called him out on it. So he's just saying that maybe people will be a little more reserved in their responses to his posts about players.

I know I personally appreciate Shark's knowledge of BYU player and Mountain area players. He has always been accurate and I never saw any "I Know and you don't" from him.

He's just sharing information, and there are some of us on here that appreciate it and don't make negative assumptions about his intent.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
pehawk":tg8vkxo3 said:
pinksheets":tg8vkxo3 said:
So Notre Dame says Teo is the VICTIM of a hoax, but Teo had said he physically met her after a Stanford game and told family that he met with her when she visited him in Hawaii.

I know, right?

This is the greatest story ever. It wouldn't fly as a novel, let alone real life.

It's not just Teo, think of the Sports illustrated hack who reported the "touching" scene of them on the phone together with here sleeping.. There was some collusion on the media's part. They are just as guilty. Wouldn't you think a legitimate reporter would want confirm some stuff before running with such a crazy story. Any sort of investigative journalism would have uncovered the truth long before now.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Maybe Sharkhawk is being a little more reserved since his last character defamation crusade (Mike Leach) ended up just looking like a personal vendetta. But, he's right, Teo has a history of immaturity, and whatever way this ends up slicing, his immaturity has once again hurt him. The whole thing is funny and sad.

Teo got exposed against Alabama, ND made their bones beating mediocre teams this year, just like they do every year. If you get overpowered physically against Alabama, you'll get overpowered in the NFL.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
LINK: http://articles.southbendtribune.com/20 ... head-coach

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

"And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now."

About the time Kekua and Manti became a couple, she was injured in an auto accident. There were complications during her recovery. And it was also during her recovery that it was discovered Kekua had leukemia.

"That was just in June," Brian Te'o said. "I remember Manti telling me later she was going to have a bone marrow transplant and, sure enough, that's exactly what happened. From all I knew, she was doing really, really well."

Kekua, who eventually graduated from Stanford, was, in fact, doing so well that she was released from the hospital on Sept. 10. And Brian Te'o was among those congratulating her via telephone.

Less than 48 hours later, at 4 a.m. Hawaii time, Kekua sent a text to Brian and Ottilia, expressing her condolences over the passing of Ottilia's mom, Annette Santiago, just hours before.

Brian awakened three hours later, saw the text, and sent one back. There was no response. A couple of hours later, Manti called his parents, his heart in pieces.

Lennay Kekua had died.