WOW - ND LB T'eo's dead GF story a HOAX!!!

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I hope if this guy really starts to fall in the draft that we can pick him up at a value. This seems like the exact type of thing John and Pete would be all over.

(Remember how Bruce Irvin had "off the field" issues that supposedly effected his draft?)

Throwdown

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":22l7rn0z said:
I hope if this guy really starts to fall in the draft that we can pick him up at a value. This seems like the exact type of thing John and Pete would be all over.

(Remember how Bruce Irvin had "off the field" issues that supposedly effected his draft?)

If he was the best option left at 25, we are in a lot of trouble.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I REALLY hate ND now, they drug our QB into this (no, that's NOT racism, even though Flynn's Somoan). Teo made Wilson visit bald kids, to perpetuate this leukemia fantasy, which supposedly took his imaginary grandfather who was Marques Tuiasopo.

My confusion is how did Teo convince Hass and Dilfer to be bald children too?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Holy shit! Now it's come out Ray Lewis never actually killed a man...?

What is going on!?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1kuzpbis said:
I'm freaking out right now. What other massive lies could be out there waiting to be exposed?

I dont know, but I'm pretty sure YOU'RE from France and English is from Norway.

The only way to really make sense of it all is too blame the Jews. It's helping me.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Oh the comedy!

Seth Meyers ‏@sethmeyers21
These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead.

The Fake ESPN ‏@TheFakeESPN
Manti Te'o imagines being a starting linebacker in the NFL, only to wake up with a McDonalds spatula in his hand.

Historical Quotes ‏@historyofquotes
My 1000th tweet goes out to Manti Te'o's girlfriend, Palmela Handerson.

Holly Frederick ‏@hollyefrederick
I hear Manti Te-o is the front runner to star in the remake of HARVEY.

Steven Amiri ‏@StevenAmiri
“Better to have fake loved and fake lost than to have never loved at all.” - Manti Te’o

Ms. Bama Baseball ‏@BamaBaseballGal
AJ McCarron's girlfriend will be featured in an SI Swimsuit issue. Manti Te'o's girlfriend will be featured on Myth Busters.

Not Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayliss
The only person to ever see Manti Te'o's girlfriend in person is the Dos Equis most interesting man in the world

Tom Nichols ‏@Tomination33
Manti Te'o's girl is Miss January in the 2013 Mayan calendar.

The Logg ‏@The_Logg
I hear this whole T'eo thing will be exposed on To Catch a Predator during sweeps week. #Dateline #HowOldDidSheSaySheWas?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2pabdunt said:
Blaming the Jews can't help us now. Didn't work for Hitler or Mad Max, and it certainly won't work for you.

Wait a minute...Tom Hardy's involved? Makes sense, he did shave his head in Bronson and in Batman Forever.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Love that movie, Leon. But she played Amalie, not Matilda (you're SO stupid). That movie was all about Oldman playing a midget black-pimp, though, he stole it.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
And now, "Dear Abby" died. Wow Te'o, wow.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
No, no, no. You're mixing things up. You're thinking of Walken's role in the dodgeball film starring Jack Black, not to be confused with the ping pong movie starring Jerry Stiller and Ricky Vaugn (from Major League).

(wow, we need cliff notes for this)

T'eo just did claim Dear Abby was his mom.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Told ya. Sometimes it just pays to be anti-semetic.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Throwdown":1o8gald6 said:
CaptainSkybeard":1o8gald6 said:

If he was the best option left at 25, we are in a lot of trouble.

Clearly. But what I'm saying is, if teams are thinking this way causing him to fall to 3rd round or beyond, maybe its worth considering. No way in hell id want him in 1st round.

kearly

Reaction score
SuperHawks":1en1x11o said:
Couldn't disagree more with this entire post. New facts are coming to light by the hour. How about waiting for all the facts before crucifying the guy? You may be right when all is said and done but it's far from the certainty you're making it out to be at this point.

Te'o has claimed talking to her on the phone and stories have been written about them meeting in person. The person who set it up is a close friend of Te'o's. For argument's sake, let's say Te'o really is innocent. That would mean that the perp (who is male) had to bring in a girl act the part on the phone for a 4 year period as part of this scheme (and this is assuming that Te'o is telling the truth about the phone calls, which he may not be), and it would also mean that Te'o didn't bat an eye and find anything suspicious when reports came out the last few years talking about how he and his GF had met and spent time together, met at Stanford, etc, all of which was 100% false and he knew it, lying or not. If he really was innocent, he should have been tipped off by the false stories claiming they had met in person.

Frankly, I am amazed that ESPN is buying it.

Edit: Te'o said in his own words that he and his dad had met her in person. Now let's say that the girl was a fake, which is really reaching. But for argument's sake, it's a fake. Don't you think he would have noticed that her picture was different on facebook (the picture on facebook is of a girl who had no idea of what was going on and had never met Te'o).

Also, a teammate has now come out saying that the whole team knew it was a hoax and kept their mouths shut. Said Te'o was a great actor.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":341dtrrg said:
SuperHawks":341dtrrg said:
Couldn't disagree more with this entire post. New facts are coming to light by the hour. How about waiting for all the facts before crucifying the guy? You may be right when all is said and done but it's far from the certainty you're making it out to be at this point.

Te'o has claimed talking to her on the phone and stories have been written about them meeting in person. The person who set it up is a close friend of Te'o's. For argument's sake, let's say Te'o really is innocent. That would mean that the perp (who is male) had to bring in a girl act the part on the phone for a 4 year period as part of this scheme (and this is assuming that Te'o is telling the truth about the phone calls, which he may not be), and it would also mean that Te'o didn't bat an eye and find anything suspicious when reports came out the last few years talking about how he and his GF had met and spent time together, met at Stanford, etc, all of which was 100% false and he knew it, lying or not. If he really was innocent, he should have been tipped off by the false stories claiming they had met in person.

Frankly, I am amazed that ESPN is buying it.
ESPN isn't buying it. They are trying to both cover their ass for not fact checking, and minimize their role in the huge push to get him a heisman. SVP today was saying that if Teo was in on it, he is a better actor than anyone in Hollywood.

Also, they are spinning it as a generational gap, where us old dudes don't understand how 20 year old kids can have internet relationships. And trying to say that at most, he is guilty of embellishing by adding the parts about actually meeting her.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Much ado about nothing.

For all we know, he was pretending to have a girlfriend to keep people and family from passing judgement on him about it (something guys have been known to do), and when the pressure was on for people to meet her, his only option was to say she died.

Really don't care. I've met people who lie all the time about stupid stuff and it's almost always to garner attention or to avoid it. Manti is a good football player and the only issue I see is the effect of the media and fans going gonzo over it. I hope he comes out of this okay.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ctjkan5 said:
SVP today was saying that if Teo was in on it, he is a better actor than anyone in Hollywood.

SVP?

kearly

Reaction score
ivotuk":2i50pt0z said:
Much ado about nothing.

For all we know, he was pretending to have a girlfriend to keep people and family from passing judgement on him about it (something guys have been known to do), and when the pressure was on for people to meet her, his only option was to say she died.

Really don't care. I've met people who lie all the time about stupid stuff and it's almost always to garner attention or to avoid it. Manti is a good football player and the only issue I see is the effect of the media and fans going gonzo over it. I hope he comes out of this okay.

This is more than a lie, though. He was trying to manipulate people's emotions, and has shown no remorse for what he's done. In fact he continues to lie saying he was the victim. He is either a ruthless attention whore or he's a mild sociopath. Maybe both. This is a big deal for draft stock. High rated players have fallen far for less. GM's view draft picks as business decisions. And when they get scared off by stuff like this, those players can get scratched off draft boards completely. Imagine if you were caught lying in a job interview. Even if you were clearly the best candidate, you probably wouldn't get the job. The NFL draft process is one giant job interview, and stuff like this matters so much, it can't be overstated.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
ivotuk":35lu6qng said:
Much ado about nothing.

Really? So, fabricating a scam to garner attention which then leads to a Heisman trophy nomination isn't a big deal to you? How is not letting it snowball into a 'she's dead," story better than coming clean right away that she doesn't exist? Your post boggles my mind, and I hope Te'o gets what he deserves, which is lost draft status and lost respect for the confabulation. You act like he's some sort of sad victim of powers outside his control. Liars should get what they deserve.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":3f277wi1 said:
Much ado about nothing.

Neither Scottemojo nor kearly have to concoct stories of dead GF's to mask their private lives (not that there's anything wrong with that).