Rnd 4 or Later Nickel Corner - Nickell Robey, USC

Meeker

Reaction score
Wasn't Josh Wilson traded off for his lack of size? This guy is way smaller.

Not that I would mind and we did just draft a player who lacks a "required" physical attribute, but corner seems to be the one position that we don't f around at with size. Our smallest corner is Trufant at 5'11'' 197 lbs or Jeremy Lane at 6' 190 lbs...depending on how you want to look at it. But, maybe they'll see a need for a smaller quicker corner.

OP
OP
G

GoHawks

Reaction score
I know size is coveted for CB, or even necessarily Nickel - but he could be a very good depth player at Free Safety role, closer in size to Earl Thomas with good speed, instinctive - plus would add some Special Teams value

kearly

Reaction score
He looks like a stud.

He'd never play corner for us. He won't have any ability to press WRs at all.

If Seattle did draft him, I'd be excited though. Would love to see him as a safety convert.

lukerguy

Reaction score
kearly":1m16d0c3 said:
He looks like a stud.

He'd never play corner for us. He won't have any ability to press WRs at all.

If Seattle did draft him, I'd be excited though. Would love to see him as a safety convert.

Our Nickel corner rarely presses- can't afford to. This is our guy.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I doubt Nickell is really that fast simply because that score is likely hand timed. He is fast though and he's supposed to have a really high vertical jump. He's only 5'8" and 165 pounds. Good kid from what I can tell. I'm really curious to see draft analysis on him and see how he does at the combine.

Latest posts