WOW - ND LB T'eo's dead GF story a HOAX!!!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Red Beard":lok1m8ee said:
I hope during the NFL draft that Seattle tricks Manti Te'O into thinking that they're drafting him by calling him (assuming he's in the green room or on camera where ever he is at the time) and then they draft someone else and get his reaction on camera.

That's what he did to 3 colleges. Said he was flat out going there. Obviously he only went to 1.

noflyzone

Reaction score
Breaking news, T'eo blames poor tackling in the championship on imaginary alabama players.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
@Shark, not all criminals are thiefs. getting in fights, dui, weed, ect. And like I said, there are all manner of lies, some way worse than others. Cover up lies are bad news. Reportedly, the kid says he found out this was a hoax Dec 6, but then talked about the girl like she was real Dec 9 and Dec 11 on television at the Heisman award presentation. These lies paint the picture of a guy who connives, conspires, and has the wrong kind of pride.

Those are qualities that are prime components in a team cancer.

Think of it like this. You are GM, and a guy you will give lots of money to if you draft him has shown bad judgement, which is really what we are talking about. Does he justify bad judgement and paint himself as the victim (Lie)? If he does, he lacks accountability. Accountability is the backbone of team success. Gap assignment is about accountability.

This is a really big deal.

I just hope his pride isn't so wounded that he does something stupid to hurt himself.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3htjtk9c said:
DTexHawk":3htjtk9c said:
I'd take the criminal who looks you in the eye and shoots straight over the liar anyday.

Shark - How many NFL players you personally know?

Curious about your statement: "about 95% of the players in the NFL who are just really buttholes."

How many do I personally know that play now, or have played at some point? 2 different questions. I believe criminals are liars who take things. Liars who aren't criminals are just stupid. Why would you take the worst type of liar?

You can get rid of the criminal (who shoots straight) who takes things after one incident, the liar may take 3 or 4 before you can pin it on them.

I'll take both numbers, play now, or have ever played.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Wilbon said on PTI that when he interviewed T'eo he was struck by how "child-like" he was. "Simple" was another word he used. He said during their interview he couldn't get past that.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
A lot of people are painting this issue as black and white when in reality it is probably mostly gray.

Has he lied? Yes, there really is no denying that. But, the real issue here is what the intent was.

If he lied to cover up the embarrassment of being in love with a girl he's never met online that's a whole lot less of a big deal than if he lied and was involved in a big conspiracy in order to get publicity for personal gain.

It really isn't that hard to believe that he he lied initially to cover up that embarrassment and then had it spiral out of control rapidly.

Who here hasn't spun a lie before where you have to keep lying so you don't get caught? Now imagine that the spotlight is on you 24/7 by the entire nation and having that pressure to keep the lie going by any means necessary. Not a pretty picture right? Don't know about you guys but I sure as hell wouldn't be chomping at the bit to fess up to all of this nonsense.

Is he guilty of terrible judgement? Absolutely, no matter what else happens at the very least he's not only naive but not the brightest bulb because there is no way this wouldn't come to light at some point. Who knows, maybe he was just hoping to ride it out another few months until after the draft and then it wouldn't really matter if it came out. While embarrassing he'd still be set for life financially.

All I'm saying is there are still plenty of unknowns here and to assume that it's automatically the worst case scenario and to absolutely destroy him the way he's been destroyed the past few days is at best premature, and at worst could be just flat out wrong.

Having said all of that I have no idea what happened and he could turn out to be the POS you guys are claiming him to be but until I see all the evidence from both sides I'm withholding judgement.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":u235j8h3 said:
SuperHawks":u235j8h3 said:
A lot of people are painting this issue as black and white when in reality it is probably mostly gray.

Has he lied? Yes, there really is no denying that. But, the real issue here is what the intent was.

If he lied to cover up the embarrassment of being in love with a girl he's never met online that's a whole lot less of a big deal than if he lied and was involved in a big conspiracy in order to get publicity for personal gain.

It really isn't that hard to believe that he he lied initially to cover up that embarrassment and then had it spiral out of control rapidly.

Who here hasn't spun a lie before where you have to keep lying so you don't get caught? Now imagine that the spotlight is on you 24/7 by the entire nation and having that pressure to keep the lie going by any means necessary. Not a pretty picture right? Don't know about you guys but I sure as hell wouldn't be chomping at the bit to fess up to all of this nonsense.

Is he guilty of terrible judgement? Absolutely, no matter what else happens at the very least he's not only naive but not the brightest bulb because there is no way this wouldn't come to light at some point. Who knows, maybe he was just hoping to ride it out another few months until after the draft and then it wouldn't really matter if it came out. While embarrassing he'd still be set for life financially.

All I'm saying is there are still plenty of unknowns here and to assume that it's automatically the worst case scenario and to absolutely destroy him the way he's been destroyed the past few days is at best premature, and at worst could be just flat out wrong.

Having said all of that I have no idea what happened and he could turn out to be the POS you guys are claiming him to be but until I see all the evidence from both sides I'm withholding judgement.

After reading this post, it's pretty clear you don't know how the internet works.

Care to elaborate?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I'll take a straight shot Super; you're a rube. Color it anyway you'd like, Te'o's a creepy liar. And that's the opinion of a man who's actually done a stretch in a nut-hut, Te'o makes me look sane.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
pehawk":2tihkonj said:
I'll take a straight shot Super; you're a rube. Color it anyway you'd like, Te'o's a creepy liar. And that's the opinion of a man who's actually done a stretch in a nut-hut, Te'o makes me look sane.

Ok, well that's just your opinion. You don't have any more information than the rest of us. You've come to a conclusion and that's fine. Me, I'm gonna wait to hear the rest of the details before I pass judgement.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SuperHawks":2dyx03gi said:
pehawk":2dyx03gi said:

Ok, well that's just your opinion. You don't have any more information than the rest of us. You've come to a conclusion and that's fine. Me, I'm gonna wait to hear the rest of the details before I pass judgement.

Sounds more like you're going to let your biases continue to do their thing and hope to God you don't actually have to make a judgment call which would make Notre Dame look bad.

12evanf

Reaction score
Back to watching T'eo as a football player, am I the only one that thinks he still has a place on the Seahawks? Potential top talent that may be able to be had at a bargain, just needs a gutsy team to take a chance on him... who does that sounds like?

Even if he is "simple" or "child like," the dude has football instincts.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":lrv1p4tl said:
SuperHawks":lrv1p4tl said:
pehawk":lrv1p4tl said:

Sounds more like you're going to let your biases continue to do their thing and hope to God you don't actually have to make a judgment call which would make Notre Dame look bad.

ND already does look really bad in all this. I was flat out wrong in my national championship prediction, I have no problem owning that. I'm not the homer you'd like to make me out to be. Am I hoping it isn't worst case and that he is a total creep POS? Of course but as I've said numerous times I have no idea what the truth is yet, and frankly neither does anyone else here.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":fl92i8pn said:
pehawk":fl92i8pn said:

I dont need evidence. As Digital Underground said; "game recognize game".

I've spent most of my life in a world of liars, thieves and masqueraders...I'm well-versed in people like this. You can dismiss that all you want, but anyone who's lived that type of life can recognize and identify personalities better than psychiatrists.

12evanf

Reaction score
pehawk":hzwybbnm said:
I've spent most of my life in a world of liars, thieves and masqueraders...I'm well-versed in people like this. You can dismiss that all you want, but anyone who's lived that type of life can recognize and identify personalities better than psychiatrists.

T'eo's Wiki page

In high school, Te'o had a 3.5 grade-point average and did volunteer work with the Shriners Hospital, Head Start preschool program, Hawai'i Food Bank and Special Olympics. Te'o also became an Eagle Scout in November 2008.[15] Te'o is an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

That doesn't scream creep to me. The girlfriend situation sounds more closet-homosexual or closet-religious than dirt-bag masquerader.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I said creepy liar (why do I feel like I'm kidhawk and you're you now?). I agree, I think its a closet-case thing. But, lying gets creepy when you make up dead broads for media love.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
To be honest I can't believe the Te'o innocence angle is getting the amount of play and acceptance that it seems to be. The guy is a pathological liar. As pehawk said, I've known too many people like this and I can see it from a mile away. As bold as it sounds, I don't need anymore details to have a solid understanding of how this whole mess went down. Te'o is a creep and Notre Dame looks ridiculous.

12evanf

Reaction score
pehawk":3r8gkvg1 said:
I said creepy liar (why do I feel like I'm kidhawk and you're you now?). I agree, I think its a closet-case thing. But, lying gets creepy when you make up dead broads for media love.

Maybe he's a closet Necro??? :sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
12evanf":3rpznev1 said:
pehawk":3rpznev1 said:

And you my friend are a nazi (I read that somewhere).

I'm with Code. I cant believe ANYONE'S letting him off the hook by even acknowledging his victim angle.

12evanf

Reaction score
pehawk":2jdca8qo said:
12evanf":2jdca8qo said:
pehawk":2jdca8qo said:

And you my friend are a nazi (I read that somewhere).

I'm with Code. I cant believe ANYONE'S letting him off the hook by even acknowledging his victim angle.

I need to add ".net Nazi" to my avatar.

Ray Lewis was indicted for murder and we're screaming bloody hell for some web of lies about an imaginery girlfriend. I just watched some more footage on T'eo to get me grounded in reality. I'd be excited to have him as a football player if his draft stock falls and we get a bargain. Another chance for Pete to be stupid like a fox.

If we don't get him and he turns out to be actually crazy, I do want the opportunity to go back and delete these posts that will potentially make me look stupid.