Fitzgerald for Flynn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
No chance. Wouldn't make sense for either side. AZ needs help on their O-line and a credible running threat. Doesn't matter who is behind center if those areas aren't addressed. You're telling me they're going to give up the face of their franchise for a largely unproven QB who will subsequently have absolutely no weapons to throw to whatsoever? Right.

For Seattle, just doesn't make sense to sink that much money in the guy. Added depth the receiving corp. would definitely help, but truly elite QBs don't need all-world receivers to run a dominant offense. I really hope we don't break the bank trying to address that area. Let's develop the pieces we have and add depth in the draft. If there's a good value proposition for an established WR, we should explore that as well. Absolutely no need to pay a king's ransom for a Calvin Johnson/Fitzgerald type.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3p5gj57b said:
Flynn for Dockett, now you're talkin.........salaries are at least in the same ballpark.
I would be down for this even though he is a douche. I just don't see it though unless we throw in a pick as well

cdallan

Reaction score
pehawk":1tjb5zbx said:
I have a petting zoo.

Just because it smells like one and is marketed as a children's attraction, it doesn't make it a pettting zoo.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":2dkb05ad said:
I have seen a few tweets, and some rumblings about Fitz for Flynn .. What do you think??? Possible? If this trade did happen, it would make the off season go by wayyyy to slow. !!!!

Maybe we can trade John Ryan for JJ Watt while we are at it. :sarcasm_on:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
cdallan":fqsaear1 said:
pehawk":fqsaear1 said:
I have a petting zoo.

Just because it smells like one and is marketed as a children's attraction, it doesn't make it a pettting zoo.
Lulz.
The petting zoo is in his ice cream van. Sorry, I am replying to a Scottish one. An ice cream lorry.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
tacomahawk":38k171nv said:
While I would love to have someone of Fitz's caliber, I do not want to make my enemy stronger. I also do not want to put Flynn in the same division with a possible chip on his shoulder that we would see twice a year.

Are you kidding? Stronger? Flynn would not make AZ stronger if you then took away Fitzgerald. It would make us stronger but certainly the positives brought by Flynn would be offset by the gigantic hole left in Fitz's absense.

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh, come on guys! I built my daughter a chicken coop for her birthday. Bring the family, come pet chickens and a cocks!

Axx

Reaction score
No, Larry Fitzgerald has a huge mega contract that I would not want to pay for.
Larry is taking up all the cap space and is the reason why the Cardinals suck.

I think its 8 year 100million dollar contract?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Of course these seems a bit unrealistic, but we could sweeten the pot. What if we threw in McCoy?

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fawvmnu said:
A few tweets? From who, Manti T'eo's GF?

Wow, not wasting much time there right? :p

On topic it just won't happen, it makes no sense and would cost us too much and impair our ability to give our core dudes extension down the road. Would do more harm then good it seems.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I would not want to pay larrys contract... period.. we need someon that can get seperation.. and great hands... we dont need anything more..
Quick seperation and burst...... .... so when the play breaks down wilson can find someone open.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":af5unkzt said:
we need someon that can get seperation.. and great hands... we dont need anything more..

We don't need anything more? You just described the perfect receiver. It's not like they grow on trees, you know. Those are really the only two things that matter that every team looks for in a receiver.

Basis4day

Reaction score
AgentDib":ob31vmdl said:
Of course these seems a bit unrealistic, but we could sweeten the pot. What if we threw in McCoy?

If you're going to try and get fitz from the Cards, it would literally take trading an Earl Thomas or something on those lines

Why would anyone trade Fitz for Matt Flynn and Anthony McCoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.