EPL 2012-2013

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Don't know why any LFC fan would be arsed by Walcott signing with Arsenal. Its good for Wenger. Was interested its only a 3+ year contract. So basically he will be 26 and subject to massive speculation again in 2015 (winter, maybe summer going into 2016 season).. but he's theirs now.

Pep to Bayern is interesting. I disagree that the Bundasliga is anywhere near on par with the PL in terms of interest. However they have 4-5 teams that are well constructed and stylistic. Dortmund is easily my 2nd favorite. Peps influence in the German league could be groundbreaking. Could be all to do about nada as well. But its interesting. Should shape their transfers this summer

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":17isbyxg said:
Gatehawk":17isbyxg said:
It's official now. He Signed Da Ting!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... m-contract

Also I'm almost 100% certain Si and ISWT aren't reacting to the news like this Liverpool fan:

Gate, I keep telling you this isn't the shack. I'm not gonna rat you out to the mods, but since younger readers access this site and Rock's trying to keep it all above board and stuff, please watch the language in non-shacked forums.

Don't look at me, it wasn't my tweet. You're upset at me cause I didn't censor it, is that it?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Gatehawk":20v3a22a said:
Don't look at me, it wasn't my tweet. You're upset at me cause I didn't censor it, is that it?

Of course he's upset that you didn't censor it. He's most upset that you chose to post a tweet included that language. No need to get aggro about it. Just make a mental note and move on, after editing your post to remove the f-bombs perhaps.

As for Walcott, probably a pretty good signing. He's shown flashes of greatness. Now he and Wenger need to work out how to get his best in each game. And as for Liverpool: signing Sturridge made Walcott unnecessary. Both clubs did well with these signings, I think. Of the two I'd rather have Sturridge, but Walcott, from what I understand is showing signs of improvement at the Arsenal so keeping him could well be a good move.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
5-0 To Liverpool which was about as well as Liverpool have played this year. Team looks like it has much more fluidity throughout the pitch. If we can continue to play like that in the league, (against teams in the top half) we are going to make some noise.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2kehmwow said:
Of course he's upset that you didn't censor it. He's most upset that you chose to post a tweet included that language. No need to get aggro about it. Just make a mental note and move on, after editing your post to remove the f-bombs perhaps.

As for Walcott, probably a pretty good signing. He's shown flashes of greatness. Now he and Wenger need to work out how to get his best in each game. And as for Liverpool: signing Sturridge made Walcott unnecessary. Both clubs did well with these signings, I think. Of the two I'd rather have Sturridge, but Walcott, from what I understand is showing signs of improvement at the Arsenal so keeping him could well be a good move.

Not really aggro about it, just felt like pointing out the obvious.

I'd rather have Walcott, not so much cause he's on Arsenal, but rather cause he has indeed shown what he's capable of, and we've all seen what happens when he's inform. He does still has plenty of places in his game to improve, namely his consistency, but that's obvious to everyone. A lot of people have started comparing him to Henry, but I don't think he's at the point to start doing that and we should at least wait a few more years before really doing that.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I just managed to watch my first game of this brand of football in 6 weeks and it was a pretty good one.

Kyle Walker is having the very definition of a sophomore slump but Spurs would have been desperately unlucky to finish without the late point. I'm really not sure how United are winning this league. They're just not that great.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1vk7bh56 said:
No they're not, but neither is anyone else. United are winning it because they've been more consistent than everyone else. Oh, and RVP is carrying them like he carried Arsenal for years.

Are you including the years he spent on the treatment table? Which would be every season he was at Arsenal until last year.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1zalvkup said:
Hold on a minute....why has no-one ripped the utter piss out of Gatehawk for Arsenal losing to Chelsea on the weekend?

Because there's no real reason to sound like a broken record?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I've seen some Liverpool fans, not Si or ISWT, that have bitched and moaned about Sneijder going to Galatasaray, and claimed he did it for money. This picture kinda shows it's not just that.

484806_478292025563051_1573932026_n.jpg

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gate... there is no comparison between the two clubs. Don't be ridiculous. And as for Sneijder, wasn't all that into him coming to Liverpool. I'm very excited about the youth movement in the club and don't see the need to bring in a wounded, aged midfielder that noone but the Greek league seemed to really want. To clarify (and feel free to educate the iliverpool fans you seem to be discussing) Liverpool offered to take Sneidjer on loan at 90k a week. Inter wanted a full transfer, and those wages are less than half of what he was earning. So both he and Inter chose another path. More power to him

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
What a dumb chart. What exactly are those trophies that they are winning? The Turkish cup? Liverpool is still one of the top 7-8 biggest clubs in the world. Sneijder can take the extra money and go play in obscurity.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":1pxkkvwe said:
What a dumb chart. What exactly are those trophies that they are winning? The Turkish cup? Liverpool is still one of the top 7-8 biggest clubs in the world. Sneijder can take the extra money and go play in obscurity.

Picking between one of the "Top 8" clubs in the world and a team that's actually in the Champions League last 16 must've been a real tough call.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Wanna try and railroad Arsenal now? The only thing you can possibly question about this game was: Where was this Arsenal in the last 2 league games?

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1eshhwh9 said:
InSuarezWeTrust":1eshhwh9 said:

Picking between one of the "Top 8" clubs in the world and a team that's actually in the Champions League last 16 must've been a real tough call.

I still stand by what I said. Galatasaray is only relevant when they are playing in champions league games against bigger clubs. I wasn't all that excited for Wesley to come play for Liverpool, as I don't think he really had a place to win. I'm happ for him, but when the lights turn off on the UCL, I don't think he will be too excited to play against Besiktas (The only other Turkish club I can think of)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2n11dymg said:
Gatehawk":2n11dymg said:
Wanna try and railroad Arsenal now? The only thing you can possibly question about this game was: Where was this Arsenal in the last 2 league games?

Knew you'd do this. You're insane if you think beating shitty West Ham 5-1 at home means that all is well at Arsenal. Wise up.

Doesn't mean Arsenal are world beaters, but that was the real Arsenal playing yesterday, not the half and half team from the last two weeks. Easily that was their best overall performance of the season, you thinking that I think all's well and fine and dandy after only 1 win is more insane than what you said. Maybe you'll wise up next week if and when Arsenal beat Liverpool, who I just so happen to love how everyone's claiming has finally found stability after essentially doing an identical thing to Norwich(who's pretty much in the same position as West Ham). We'll certainly see who's more stable after next Wednesday, won't we?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
On a serious note. Who's more at fault here:

[youtube]ubL5ux5WcBg[/youtube]

In one corner you've got the Chelsea nimrods who are vilifying the kid and in a way condoning what Hazard did as what the kid deserved. On the other side you've got the people who are demanding the kid be left alone and draging Hazard's name through the mud. And then in the middle is the people who are saying that are blaming the kid for instigating it but not letting Hazard off scot free in the least.