Fitzgerald for Flynn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearly

Reaction score
Honestly, if Fitzgerald was on the waiver wire I would not take him. Go to Spotrac and look at his cap hits for the next six or seven years. If we traded Flynn for Fitz, you might as well throw in Sherman and Earl, because we wouldn't have the money to extend them with that kind of contract on the books.

He also declined this year after putting up 1400 yards with the same QBs in 2011. Who's to say that decline isn't real?

AZ could end up releasing Fitz in a couple years. When that happens, I'd give him a reasonable contract. Until then, he's not worth it.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Basis4day":2g147pr8 said:
AgentDib":2g147pr8 said:
Of course these seems a bit unrealistic, but we could sweeten the pot. What if we threw in McCoy?

If you're going to try and get fitz from the Cards, it would literally take trading an Earl Thomas or something on those lines

Why would anyone trade Fitz for Matt Flynn and Anthony McCoy?

Obviously counting on the stupidity of the Cardinals front office...

The Radish

Reaction score
May I please say,,I think this is a dumb idea??

Not only is Fitz to old he's way to expensive!

Jesus Christ some of you wanting to get rid of Flynn because of money and now suggest getting someone that's MORE money??

Get a grip.

sturg78

Reaction score
The Radish":2cyv36hi said:
May I please say,,I think this is a dumb idea??

Not only is Fitz to old he's way to expensive!

Jesus Christ some of you wanting to get rid of Flynn because of money and now suggest getting someone that's MORE money??

Get a grip.
Get rid of a back up that's expensive is not the same as bringing someone that would actually pay that's expensive.

Basis4day

Reaction score
sturg78":16g4374x said:
Get rid of a back up that's expensive is not the same as bringing someone that would actually pay that's expensive.

Do you realize HOW expensive we're talking for Fitz?

2013: $5 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 3/15), 2014: $12.75 million, 2015: $8 million (+ $8 million roster bonus), 2016: $15 million, 2017-2018: $14.75 million, 2019: Free Agent

Fanatics

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":2almqhli said:
I have seen a few tweets, and some rumblings about Fitz for Flynn .. What do you think??? Possible? If this trade did happen, it would make the off season go by wayyyy to slow. !!!!

You need to stop following these people because they obviously no nothing about player values. On top of that, Fitz is the AZ team and his contract which was over 100M, would be hard to fit and would make it impossible to sign some of our own young stars.

chris98251

Reaction score
New GM is going to want to make a statement on how he does stuff, I would bet he would do it, Fitz for Flynn, and Carpenter and Moffit, or something like that, they ned a QB and an offensive line.

warden

Reaction score
DavidSeven":riut3o3h said:
but truly elite QBs don't need all-world receivers to run a dominant offense. .

Hmm

Peyton Manning had Harrison/ Wayne
Montana had Rice
Steve Young had Rice
Marino had Duper and Clayton
Warner had Bruce and Holt
Aikman had Irvin
Bradshaw had Swann and Stalworth

Just for starters , would you like me to continue

chris98251

Reaction score
Montana needed Taylor and Clark and Jones to compliment Rice, but point of your statement is correct, you need guys that can seperate and catch the ball.

Most also had a decent rushing attack, James with Manning, Tyler, Craig, Watters in S.F., Warner Faulk, Bradshaw Blier and some Italian guy named Harris, Smith in Dallas, Marino was the only one that really had no rushing attack, and by chance the only one on that list not to win a Superbowl.

pehawk

Reaction score
We're in LALA land here, but, Fitz would renegotiate to get out.

warden

Reaction score
chris98251":383k20jh said:
Montana needed Taylor and Clark and Jones to compliment Rice, but point of your statement is correct, you need guys that can seperate and catch the ball.

Most also had a decent rushing attack, James with Manning, Tyler, Craig, Watters in S.F., Warner Faulk, Bradshaw Blier and some Italian guy named Harris, Smith in Dallas, Marino was the only one that really had no rushing attack, and by chance the only one on that list not to win a Superbowl.

The ultimate team game

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":upxxnntj said:
SPOHAWK":upxxnntj said:
If my grandma had wheels, she'd be a trolley!

You could tape a Cheetah to her back. Just sayin

If we take this concept and apply it to football we could be on to something, Niners think Kap is fast? Lets see him outrun an angry Browner strapped to an even angrier cheetah.

Hawks46

Reaction score
No way would I improve the Cardinals to the point of making them the next NFC West Powerhouse !

Oh, and on the whole "QBs needing elite WRs to be successful" point.....

Brady hasn't had an elite WR outside of Moss for one year. They've trotted out tons of journeymen in and out of that system and that QB. Brady made Welker elite, not the other way around. Branch was borderline elite when he was in NE, but he came here and showed he was merely above average. Went back to NE with Brady and bang! he's good again.

sturg78

Reaction score
Basis4day":23q16s6r said:
Do you realize HOW expensive we're talking for Fitz?

2013: $5 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 3/15), 2014: $12.75 million, 2015: $8 million (+ $8 million roster bonus), 2016: $15 million, 2017-2018: $14.75 million, 2019: Free Agent

Dang. That is steep.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1f4n3i5u said:
No way would I improve the Cardinals to the point of making them the next NFC West Powerhouse !

Brady hasn't had an elite WR outside of Moss for one year. They've trotted out tons of journeymen in and out of that system and that QB. Brady made Welker elite, not the other way around. Branch was borderline elite when he was in NE, but he came here and showed he was merely above average. Went back to NE with Brady and bang! he's good again.

Eli doesn't have squat either. Its laughable how overrated whatever WR he plays with becomes.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Flynn for Fitz? I think we'd be giving up too much.. Maybe Flynn for Fitz, Peterson and Dockett.. plus 4 1sts

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":10lyge6w said:
Hawks46":10lyge6w said:

Eli doesn't have squat either. Its laughable how overrated whatever WR he plays with becomes.
You are underselling Nicks and Cruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts