Joplo Bartu LB

Chawker

Reaction score
Joplo Bartu LB Texas State University 6'2" 245 4.5 All WAC LB
He could turn out to be a day two gem. Played DE and LB very quick instinctive, may need more time to polish his coverage skills, but worth a look.

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]6gOz0S5p0tA[/youtube]

Reminds me a lot of DeMario Davis last year. Very similar size/weight/build/speed. He's squatty looking but quick. Like Davis he played in a small school conference.

Demario Davis was a mid 3rd round pick last year in a better LB class.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Last year we struck gold with Wilson, this guy could be our golden goose for 13. Joplo got strong & better as the season progressed recording double digit tackles in every game the last half of the season. I'd take him in the third round.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The way he avoid blockers reminds me of Luke Kuechly. He leaps around, bends, runs, crouches then tackles. Looks like he has decent speed but he takes really good angles.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Dude is an animal. Great instincts. Great tackling. Great at attacking the run.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'll trust the F.O. over Chawker on LB in the draft. Everyone is looking for a diamond in the rough, but these guys find the ones that even our own think tank, film watchers don't get.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I trust the FO over me too, but "our own think tank" maybe has a whole or three in it. Try duct tape or youtube red green show.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score

cheese22

Reaction score
The more I watch Bartu the more I hope he's a Seahawk. I don't care what the competition looks like, he is lightning quick for 245 pounds. He has a bit of wrecklessness that is fun as hell to watch, especially on special teams. Where would he fit in with this team? I'd say find a role for him.

j hawk

Reaction score
This kid looks great at penetraiting,holding the edge and rushing the passer. However, we dont see his coverage skills. He could be a backup LEO. By the way Chawker is your location 40 miles out of town plumb in the middle of nowhere?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
The guy has quick instincts and a nose for the ball. Very intrigued.

cheese22

Reaction score
He reminds me a lot of Lavonte David in that they play downhill, use great angles and agility to make plays behind the line of scrimmage and both bring a little thunder once they get to the ball. (That and I wanted to bump this post) Can put a refundable down payment on Bartu as my adopt a rook if he comes here?

penihawk

Reaction score
I see his skills to go get the ball make him more of a WIL candidate in the pros than a SAM.