Osi to the hawks very logical per Clayton

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":36nfa4pn said:
Was listening to his show, and he thinks its the most logical landing spot. Said we could expect something like a 1year 4 million type deal.

Now, Clayton is wrong pretty much 95% of the time these days, but I'd like this one to work out as he says. Just seems to make a ton of sense for both parties.

Clayton is still pretty accurate, not sure how much you listen to him.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Given, Clayton is a nerd. But I like what he is thinking here. I can see Osi getting the same look, similar deal as Jones. 1 year, no guarantee on playing time. ComPETE, make the roster.

I wouldn't expect much more production than Jones, though. The DT needs to be priority in the draft, but bring in as many people as possible and weed 'em out.

Attachments

• ogre.jpg
    ogre.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 4,476

Throwdown

Reaction score
1 year for 4 mil? thats a bargain for a dude like Osi, i'd do that in a heartbeat, and we know with Pete that if he isn't up to snuff, dude won't make the team.

Axx

Reaction score
Here is another interesting stat, in 2010 Osi broke the NFL record for most forced fumbles with 10!

Fox0r

Reaction score
Putting milk in cereal is logical, but that doesn't mean it is guaranteed to happen.

OP
OP
Coug_Hawk08

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Fox0r":1s28w6u5 said:
Putting milk in cereal is logical, but that doesn't mean it is guaranteed to happen.

But when you are low on calcium, just makes too much sense not to. Can easily get milk on a 3 dollar, two week contract. Milk gets to do work, body gets nutrients. Everybody wins.

hawk45

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":32lq9mir said:
Coug_Hawk08":32lq9mir said:
Was listening to his show, and he thinks its the most logical landing spot. Said we could expect something like a 1year 4 million type deal.

Now, Clayton is wrong pretty much 95% of the time these days, but I'd like this one to work out as he says. Just seems to make a ton of sense for both parties.

Clayton is wrong constantly. He has a lot of good contacts, and keeps up with what is going on with a lot of NFL teams, so he has a good mastery of the facts of the situation in the NFL, but when called on to do anything resembling analysis with those facts he's hopeless. Strikes me as a guy with good memorization skills but nothing else going for him upstairs. Just an utter zero. I can listen to entire shows where he's supposed to be giving insight, and again all it is is a relentless stream of facts but no added value above that verbal diarrhea.

I like the guy well enough but he's about as insightful as Mike Ditka or Herm Edwards (shudder).

That aside, please let's get Osi.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Signing Osi to 1yr low $ contract would be an insurance policy for Clemons return from knee surgery, as he would
fit into the leo roll without much tail-off in production from that spot and would give time for the player we take in the draft to
get coached up to start or back-up the position

Osi is 31 yrs old, had 6 sacks last year, his 2013 contract w Giants is "voidable" (perhaps by either side?)

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3snvdvia said:

Not really. He had Seattle and Atlanta as the two teams to challenge for Mario Williams the day before free agency. When the window opened, he was was already in Buffalo ready to get the deal done. I can't remember the last story he broke. He just poo-poo's other people's suggestions and throws a few darts himself. Somehow he's become an analyst rather than a reporter these days.

Osi is another dart being thrown. Everything he says is correct - Umenyiora does fit the Seahawks. He would be a very, very logical fit for the defense. It just depends how interested we are in signing a soon to be 32-year-old pass rusher who has seen better days... and what contract is he's looking for. Is he still hungry? The guy has two super bowl rings. Is he going to be busting his ass for another? Or is this the final pay day?

Anyone can throw his name out there though.

Axx

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":25ezmfgk said:
Fox0r":25ezmfgk said:

But when you are low on calcium, just makes too much sense not to. Can easily get milk on a 3 dollar, two week contract. Milk gets to do work, body gets nutrients. Everybody wins.

actually milk has been linked to osteoporosis, the animal protein(in milk) is acidic and your bones remove calcium to make the blood more alkalin.
Studies has showed that countries that drink more milk (Like Sweeden) have much higher osteoporosis rates than areas that dont (African Countries).
Therefore we must sign Osi.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
For that type of contract I would be all for signing him, but John has been pretty inaccurate lately so I won't hold my breath.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
He'd be a decent stop gap. I wouldn't be too disappointed if it happened, but I'm not sure we'd get as much production out of him as we'd hope, either.

drdiags

Reaction score
Does not excite me as much as it does others. But with Clemons being an unknown, the veteran presence could be useful. He is outspoken but would need to establish himself in the locker room. I am not sure why he would want to move from the NY presence to the Northern outpost to end his career. I would bet he looks other places first and would only look to use the Seahawks to set his market.

Do not want.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Only Riddell 360 Seahawks helmet I've ever seen, in his room.

[youtube]USHZZ5bwASU[/youtube]

Chawker

Reaction score
SURE....great,wondful, I love it when we throw a ton of cash out for a over priced free agent we don't need. There are other areas that we can generate presser from. Pleace forget this grandeous idea of Mr. Macky's. I mean REALLY?

kearly

Reaction score
Osi does make sense for the Seahawks. Osi played a weak side 9-tech role in New York so he's familar with our style of pass rush. Having watched him a little just now, I think he's got more in the tank than his declining sack numbers might indicate. I don't think it's a stretch that he could have a Raheem Brock type season for us in 2013. Seattle is also looking for players that would be willing to sign 1 year deals so that they can avoid cap complications in 2014.

That said, the player I'd really want is Jared Allen if Minnesota was open to dealing him. Allen is the perfect fit for what Seattle needs, and has exactly the kind of "Will Ferrell" type personality that would fit in with our locker room. So far Allen has aged very well, basically about as well or better than John Abraham has. He might be more than a 1 year rental. Allen has just 1 year left on his deal (for a LOT of money), but Seattle can afford it if they move Flynn.

The money Minnesota saves, the draft pick added, and the need for more talent on Minnesota's roster could be enough to entice them to get a deal done. If I thought Allen had just one year of greatness left, I'd offer our late 3rd. If I thought he had more than that, I'd offer our late 2nd and still feel pretty good about it. Jared Allen is still a star, IMO.

Seattle can't afford to leave free agency without upgrading the pass rush. The draft is looking like far from a slam dunk when it comes to pass rush options outside of the top 5 picks.

bestfightstory":18kasi43 said:
Scottemojo":18kasi43 said:
I will be stunned if Clem sees the field very much, if at all next year.

Isn't there some kind of new roster injury exception where we can let him focus on healing and then return for the last portion of the season and playoff run or am I imagining this to make myself feel better?

I'm guessing that Seattle will try to rush Clemons back for the season opener like they did for Carpenter, with similar results. But on the chance they don't feel Clemons is ready, the PUP list is a great option. You can manipulate the roster to delay PUP players as late as week 13 before being forced to IR, if they play their cards perfectly right. Something like that.

kearly

Reaction score
Another thing about Osi, he had 9 sacks in just 9 total games in 2011. He played 16 games this past season, but only started in four of them. Sounds like New York (a team loaded with pass rushers) was turning him into a rotational end in his final year, and could explain the drop in production. If anyone has access to PFF's scores, I'd love to know how he did the last two seasons.