Small Debts, Low Prices, More fans, Here come the Germans!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Strict financial conditions, strong youth and national systems and very good current players operating in attacking, flowing soccer. the Bundesliga is a solid league. It has yet to garner the interest of the overall football fan (at this time) because it lacks the drama and star power (not better players just more well known)of the PL. I'm a huge fan of what Dortmund is doing, love the Pep move and enjoy teams like Schalke....

Hawkspur

Reaction score
The fact that tickets are so cheap and that standing is permitted in stadiums makes most premier league fans very envious. A lack of Richard Keys, Andy Grey, Mark Lawrenson and Alan Shearer increases the appeal.

bellingerga

Reaction score
germans.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2977bjin said:
Strict financial conditions, strong youth and national systems and very good current players operating in attacking, flowing soccer. the Bundesliga is a solid league. It has yet to garner the interest of the overall football fan (at this time) because it lacks the drama and star power (not better players just more well known)of the PL. I'm a huge fan of what Dortmund is doing, love the Pep move and enjoy teams like Schalke....

It is actually gaining big interest on most forums for all the positives that you bring up. It just needs more media attention. For example, I appreciate Gol tv for broadcasting 3-5 matches per weekend over here in America but I would love it if FSC had bought the Bundesliga rights starting next season when all the EPL matches go to the NBC channels. That said, it sounds like FSC is going way and there is going to be something like Fox sports 1, 2, 3, etc or something like that.

It just needs to be seen more for the average person who isn't as diehard as someone like me to gain love for it.

I like the EPL don't get me wrong as I support Everton but there is nothing like watching the Bundesliga on tv or especially live wise from my experiences over there.

The EPL wouldn't be half as big if it wasn't getting so many of it's games on tv.

Another important thing for the Bundesliga is for it's clubs to represent it's league well in the Championship League and the Europa League. 3 German clubs are in the final 16 and 4 teams are in the final 32 of the Europa League. If some of them go much further and get seen by even more people on tv, it will only help the league.