Can you or will you watch games this weekend?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'll watch and root for the Ravens and against the 9ers. If the 9ers make the SB I'll still probably watch but I won't hesitate to change channels should it appear a SF victory is impending.

drdiags

Reaction score
I will be watching. Hoping for another nail-biter with numerous big time plays. I want something heroic to occur, like the Winslow vs Miami game but this time it is Gonzalez. I have no major ill-will toward either team. I just am not a fan of the folks that try to disparage a team who played the schedule they were given. I heard the same crap in '05 which makes me understand a little the disrespect shown towards the Falcons.

It is up to them to shut up the critics. I hope they do. I have always pulled for the underdog. You make your own breaks and most likely the favored teams will win but I like seeing the experts scurrying for cover when they are proven wrong. That is why I didn't want those clowns on the Seahawks bandwagon. That coverage by the major networks prior to the game must have been brutal for Falcons fans. I am sure Seahawks fans and the team got numerous shots when the Falcons pulled the game out. Human nature. I would have been pissed at the world myself.

Go beat the 9ers or it means nothing. And I am sure the Falcons and their fans know it. Bring the noise, strap in and hold on. Will be a battle.

MeanBlueGreen

Reaction score
Since I live in the Bay Area - it is absolutely torture right now. No f'ing way will I ever root for the 9ers...that shipped sailed on a giant ship shaped like a Sharpie long ago...

kearly

Reaction score
One thing I will say about the Falcons- they may be "pretenders" statistically, but so where the 2007 Giants, as well as the 2011 Giants. Nobody called out New York and said they didn't deserve to be there. They got the beloved "underdog" label instead.

If Atlanta had posted average luck in close games and finished 10-6 as a wildcard, then reached the NFC CG, I think the attitude would be totally different with basically the same exact performance in the regular season. They'd be underdogs and everyone would be pulling for them, instead of being "pretenders" that shouldn't be hosting over the obviously superior 49ers.

As far as the games themselves, I'm hoping for any scenario that has the 49ers making the SB and losing. The pain on Harbaugh's face after getting so close would be pure bliss.

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
Yes, I'll watch - love the game too much not to. Plus, I want to watch Hardouche have that moranic look on his face when they lose.

GO FALCONS!!!
GO RAVENS!!!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
kearly":omm3w7gv said:
I'm hoping for any scenario that has the 49ers making the SB

Aw c'mon man still? After that beatdown you took in that other thread? :34853_doh: I'm thankful that thread was'nt started two hundred years ago. The local townsfolk wood'a had you burned at the stake ;)

(Of course I purposely used Kearlys quote out of context) Your latest scenario still has too much 9'er in it for my taste tho 8)

I don't believe the 49'ers are the big bad wolf some folks think they are.

Pats and Falcons left standing tomorrow night. Don't say it, Don't say it. Wtf. Book it!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2tnfj1rv said:
I will be watching. Hoping for another nail-biter with numerous big time plays. I want something heroic to occur, like the Winslow vs Miami game but this time it is Gonzalez. I have no major ill-will toward either team. I just am not a fan of the folks that try to disparage a team who played the schedule they were given. I heard the same crap in '05 which makes me understand a little the disrespect shown towards the Falcons.

It is up to them to shut up the critics. I hope they do. I have always pulled for the underdog. You make your own breaks and most likely the favored teams will win but I like seeing the experts scurrying for cover when they are proven wrong. That is why I didn't want those clowns on the Seahawks bandwagon. That coverage by the major networks prior to the game must have been brutal for Falcons fans. I am sure Seahawks fans and the team got numerous shots when the Falcons pulled the game out. Human nature. I would have been pissed at the world myself.

Go beat the 9ers or it means nothing. And I am sure the Falcons and their fans know it. Bring the noise, strap in and hold on. Will be a battle.

Doc, do you remember how bad Winslow was hurt in that game? I swear I remember guys helping him ON to the field due to injury and he went out and I think blocked a kick or something crazy to win the game. I was quite young then, but remember that game leaving a huge impression on me, and that was THE game that made me a fan of football in general. For all of the greatness that was Winslow, it's amazing what a horse's butt his kid turned out to be. His Dad played the game right and was truly one of the toughest men I've ever seen. Then to hear his son talking about how he is a "soldier" just made me laugh. I never saw anybody helping Junior back onto the field for late game heroics, but I sure remember his dad doing it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2g9l2nsn said:
drdiags":2g9l2nsn said:

Doc, do you remember how bad Winslow was hurt in that game? I swear I remember guys helping him ON to the field due to injury and he went out and I think blocked a kick or something crazy to win the game. I was quite young then, but remember that game leaving a huge impression on me, and that was THE game that made me a fan of football in general. For all of the greatness that was Winslow, it's amazing what a horse's butt his kid turned out to be. His Dad played the game right and was truly one of the toughest men I've ever seen. Then to hear his son talking about how he is a "soldier" just made me laugh. I never saw anybody helping Junior back onto the field for late game heroics, but I sure remember his dad doing it.
Help me out here Doc since you and I are the same age.....but IIRC he (Winslow Sr.) was suffering more from dehydration than injury in that game. No small thing that, don't get me wrong. I know the game was in Miami and hot and humid as hell for January IIRC. The blocked kick thing rings a bell too (I'm going strictly from memory here). And yeah Shark, if his kid had one tenth the testicle level as his dad he would've had a far better career and been worthy of some actual respect.

Twisted

Reaction score
TMo":2gr8dboj said:
OK, so here's my question. Will you root for the Atlanta Falcons in the Conference Championship Sunday or will you root for the 49er's, your division rival and why?

Niners, cuz they are NFC WEST! and the NFC West is the best, plus the Niners are twice as good as the Falcoons.. :thirishdrinkers:

m0ng0

Reaction score
I got the flu, so yeah I suppose I will, but usually once Seattle is out I don't much care anymore until the super bowl.............hey look the Sabres Flyers game is on :D

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3nz6dsky said:
Help me out here Doc since you and I are the same age.....but IIRC he (Winslow Sr.) was suffering more from dehydration than injury in that game. No small thing that, don't get me wrong. I know the game was in Miami and hot and humid as hell for January IIRC. The blocked kick thing rings a bell too (I'm going strictly from memory here). And yeah Shark, if his kid had one tenth the testicle level as his dad he would've had a far better career and been worthy of some actual respect.

Yeah, it was dehydration. And some of the Miami players called him out for his theatrics. So maybe heroic is not the correct word to use, more like memorable performance. The story writers gave it more impact than maybe the players would have. I was thinking something along the lines of a performance that was similar to what Zach Miller did last week. Seahawks win that game, Miller is getting a ton of love for playing through a foot injury and having a huge impact on the game.

Exittium

Reaction score
No I won't watch. It I'll score check often hoping that atl wins. Kinda pisses me off that the whiners got at nice late start... favoritism in the nfl especially when it could end up (which I hope not) hardick vs hardick in the sb.. I'd like to see ravens vs Atlanta in the SB

Timberhawk

Reaction score
To answer the topic, I was mixed about watching the games at all. Man it still sucks we lost last week. Seeing these other teams is a total downer. But, I am watching it now after thinking I wouldn't so I guess I am.

Who to root for. I was thinking the Niners because I want the NFC West to be great. Then once the game started and I got watching I thought, man the Niners drive me crazy and all the Kaperkissing crap of his own biceps drives me nuts!! Just like the Niners fans too they are so full of themselves. I think RW is the anti-Kaperkisser. I can't root for that guy, the team, and the fans.

Also, since I know how sucky it is not to have a SB I wouldn't mind seeing Atlanta get one. Although seeing the Whiners tie the Stealers would be the silver lining there I guess.

Also, the old if you get beat by the eventual SB winners then that's good even though it doesn't really matter. I guess that's another reason. Go Falcons the rest of the way.

Can't wait to see the Falcons at the Clink next year in the Divisional after our Bye. That will be awesome!

Go Hawks Win Forever!