4 round Mock for the Seahawks picks

GCrow

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":1w55o4e5 said:
I am sorry but i just do not see any DT's in this draft that will fix our problem besides Richardson and Lotulelei. You really think they are going to be there at 25? I sure don't. Unless we trade up to get "OUR GUY" i am just not seeing it in this class.

This cannot be stated enough.
Starting next season there is no reason to think that the Seahawks are not Superbowl contenders. This is why i'd much rather go out and sign a proven veteran through FA to fill this need. One that will have an immediate impact, and spend our high picks on other key areas of need that'll put this team over the top.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You'd have to think the team will explore both FA and the draft to get the DT help. They could do worse than by adding back a healthy Jones and Branch, but there are others (Melton, Starks, Osi, Avril) who offer a potentially improved but potentially expensive and perhaps with some a more short term solution. At this stage I'm sure Our FO have already explored the film of who might be available.

How bad is the knee injury of Quanterus Smith, will he need a medical redshirt year? What about several of the others like Jordan, Hunt, Ansah, Okafor, etc., etc.? Sadly rookie DEs usually have a period of adjustment to understand their jobs and learn the moves needed to counter talented OTs, does the team want to wait for that to happen? As well, each of the available DTs Richardson, Floyd, Short, Sylvester Williams, has issues that need some work but our new DC is pretty talented at coaching up the DLine.

Let's see what happens with FA, I'm sure this place will be a popular location for many FAs, the draft will be the future.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Assuming a decent DT can be obtained by FA....
1-WR-DeAndre Hopkins
2-DE-Margus Hunt
3-WR/RB-Denard Robinson
4-QB-Matt Scott
5-DE-Devin Taylor
5-LB-Keith Pough
6-CB-Tyrann Mathieu
7-CB/S-Keith McGill
7-DT-Will Pericak

kearly

Reaction score
No diss on anyone in particular, but everyone mocking Keith Pough should go watch him on youtube. Preseason camp-fodder level prospect IMO. I'm not sure he fits what Seattle wants at CB either, he gets pushed around like a little girl by low level competition. We want our corners to be beastly.

GoHawks

Reaction score
As some of you have stated a lack of ideal defensive player talent at our picks, maybe we can improve our defense by improving our offense?

pehawk brought this up in a different thread http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64457]

if better offensive talent is available at our top picks, and we can make our offense more explosive, such that we can play more from a lead

that would inherintly improve the defense by allowing them to play more aggressively. Not sure that PC would buy into this philosophy

but, it has some merit and in that context the drafting of TE Ertz and WR Hopkins sounds good to me

McGruff

Reaction score
I think the idea the draft is weak at DL is crazy.

If we can't get Richarson, kawann Short is a more than adequate plan b. Ansah is a beast, and we'll have a shot there.

Failing that, adding a WR is a definite option.

OP
OP
K

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
McGruff":ahluyz6m said:
I think the idea the draft is weak at DL is crazy.

If we can't get Richarson, kawann Short is a more than adequate plan b. Ansah is a beast, and we'll have a shot there.

Failing that, adding a WR is a definite option.

I think it's very deep but not exactly jaw dropping.