Wilson's agent asks for raise?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wilson's agent asks for raise?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Wilson's agent asks for raise?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:31 am
  • It seems to me that players that are signed out of the first rounds would have performance laden contracts. If not this will certainly set the precedent to start having them.
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:31 am
  • Wonder what the agent was thinking? Who leaked this to the media? Weird timing. The agent has to know the CBA wouldn't allow this.

EDIT: I thought during the CBA negotiation there was talk of having a way to reward a player like Chris Johnson and now Wilson who outperforms their contract. This should be a well discussed issue. Let there be no threats of hold outs. The love-in will become a messy divorce.
    Last edited by drdiags on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:33 am
  • UPDATE 1:19 p.m. ET: Several already have asked in the comments and on Twitter whether the Seahawks could simply cut Wilson and sign him to a new contract. The answer is yes, if he clears waivers. But he wouldn’t clear waivers. Indeed, he wouldn’t get past the Chiefs, who hold the top spot in the pecking order — and will continue to hold it through Week Three of the 2013 regular season.

Interesting, but like they said, he'd never clear waivers. Maybe Paul Allen can have Russell wash all his cars,.....at $100,000 a pop.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 am
  • Sounds like Wilson's agent is a dufus.

There are probably some ways around this that don't include changing his contract. First off the players signed off on that deal so have on one to blame but them selves.

Secondly if the want to do something on the side I would suggest Paul Allen sign him to consult with one of his companys for a couple of years.

I'm guessing no one here thinks there aren't dozens of people around football reading the current CBA finding out ways around various rules. Probably most of them much more knowledgable than any of us.

:roll:

BTW who would think we could cancel his contract, get him past waivers, and resign him. Jesus Christ how dumb would you have to be??
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:37 am
  • It's REALLY messed up in a sport where careers can end in a second, with no guarenteed contracts, there's rules NOT allowing renegotiations.

Que the jealous dummy who cries "but I dont make that type of money so Wilson should be happy with the contract he has already"; 3...2...1
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:39 am
  • Just sign DangeRuss to several high paid endorsement deals. That shouldn't be too much of an issue for PA
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:48 am
  • SeaHawk80 wrote:It seems to me that players that are signed out of the first rounds would have performance laden contracts. If not this will certainly set the precedent to start having them.

I really don't know the specific details but I think this would still be subject to salary restrictions and they are lowered as the draft keeps going

I had a big discussion about this elsewhere and I think the only solution are some Owner - Union negotiated automatic raises. First rounder makes pro-bowl $500k, second rounder $750k, 3rd and beyond $1m. 3rd rounder and beyond plays more than 60% of snaps = bonus

The rookies got completely screwed by the veterans. The rookies have no money so they are stuck accepting the CBA and sign up with the union. I would be interested in a legal opinion if they even can sue since they signed up with the union or sue later claiming the union did not represent their best interest in the negotiations and they did not have a seat at the table.

Don't get me wrong something needed to be changed but this deal when many players only lasts a few years is a joke.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:52 am
  • The Radish wrote:Sounds like Wilson's agent is a dufus.

There are probably some ways around this that don't include changing his contract. First off the players signed off on that deal so have on one to blame but them selves.

Secondly if the want to do something on the side I would suggest Paul Allen sign him to consult with one of his companys for a couple of years.

I'm guessing no one here thinks there aren't dozens of people around football reading the current CBA finding out ways around various rules. Probably most of them much more knowledgable than any of us.

:roll:

BTW who would think we could cancel his contract, get him past waivers, and resign him. Jesus Christ how dumb would you have to be??

I am stupid so please elaborate what these college kids should have done? Gone on strike? Do you really think the league wouldn't have started as scheduled. The rookies signed the ONLY deal that exists thanks to the players union that isn't run by rookies. The only path to an immediate change is a strike now by all rookie players under this CBA. Lets see what happens if Luck, RW, Sherman and others state that they won't play until changes are made...
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 am
  • Is 10 year deal allowed in the NFL? If so then Hawks' FO better make it happen.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:10 am
  • The CBA was signed off by the current players because more of the pie was spread out to the current players in return for the rookie cap. Also, it was a reaction to the franchise-killing contracts for guys who had never proved anything in the NFL. So blame Ryan Leaf and company for this, not the evil owners or the greedy union veterans. Is someone going to say that all the money that used to be paid to stiffs selected in the first round isn't better spent on guys who have played NFL football?

Escalators for rookie contracts or automatic raises would seem to be a decent idea.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 am
  • Mandu wrote:UPDATE 1:19 p.m. ET: Several already have asked in the comments and on Twitter whether the Seahawks could simply cut Wilson and sign him to a new contract. The answer is yes, if he clears waivers. But he wouldn’t clear waivers. Indeed, he wouldn’t get past the Chiefs, who hold the top spot in the pecking order — and will continue to hold it through Week Three of the 2013 regular season.

Interesting, but like they said, he'd never clear waivers. Maybe Paul Allen can have Russell wash all his cars,.....at $100,000 a pop.

I just read the comment section, what a bunch of morons. One person said "I think the ‘Hawks should just waive him & take their chances". Ok... CHIEFS Fan we'll cut him. HAHAHAHA what a joke.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 am
  • What a diva, plays great for one year and is already looking for a pay raise. :sarcasm_off:

No but seriously his agent is a dummy, new rule is that you can't negotiate until after your third year. and besides he's not the only young player that is getting paid nothing close to what he deserves. Sherman and Kam are both All pro and Pro bowl players getting paid 5th round salary; they should even more angry than he is
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:30 am
  • I hope Russ fires his agent, Russell is the last player on Earth i could picture asking for a pay raise.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:31 am
  • "Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Got a call from an irate Bus Cook, agent for Russell Wilson. Called the report that he asked for a new deal "a bunch of bull---t" Ok then"

This story sounded like trumped up B.S. from the start.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:33 am
  • This is just rabble rousing by PFT. It could have been a joke? The agent didn't know? Yeah, right.

PFT wanted hits and comments so it insinuated some things and let the readers imagine and fill in the rest. It works for them.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:37 am
  • More:

"Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Bus Cook, agent for Russell Wilson, said he hasn't had any conversations about a new deal with #Seahawks. "I know you can't do that yet""
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 am
  • Wilson probably just ran out of game film and got demanding.

pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 am
  • This particular contract issue (rookie salary cap) is all on the players, 100% of it. The vets wanted more money and the highly paid rookies were not living up to their premium contracts. Smith did exactly what his players wanted.

As for the reported demand for a new contract, I knew something was amiss. That just did not sound like something RW would allow to happen. Make no mistake RW runs his own career and his agent just gets it done. RW is a "I signed it so I will live by it" kind of guy. He knows he will get his in due time. Besides he already has deals with ESPN and others so he is already in the multi-million plus club.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 am
  • v1rotv2 wrote:This particular contract issue (rookie salary cap) is all on the players, 100% of it. The vets wanted more money and the highly paid rookies were not living up to their premium contracts. Smith did exactly what his players wanted.

1) you missed the part that rookies subject to this didn't have a vote...
    2) You don't think the owners pushed for this?lol. Of course they did. Look at Bradford's contract and it is a joke

They simply went to far. A RB may have two three great years, suffer for life an never getthe second deal
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 pm
  • Well consider that Bradford got 50 million out of the gate I get it, this year is the first year of the new deal and just happened to have a guy like Russell Wilson drafted. If this would have been Jake Locker nobody would have said a word since he is a project still developing but the Titans felt compelled to push him into starting.

Wilson will get his somehow, someway, the CBA contract is for what is the norm, we already know Wilson is an anomoly as far as whats considered normal.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:28 pm
  • Mortenson was the original source I thought. PFT just doing what they do by taking other's reports and putting their spin on it. Interesting business model that has worked for Florio.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 pm
  • The Radish wrote:

Timmy Ruskell? Nah, not even he is that inept.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 pm
  • How about he just plays out the goddam contract he signed.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:Just sign DangeRuss to several high paid endorsement deals. That shouldn't be too much of an issue for PA

Paul Allen says to Levi's CEO, We got us this kid who likes to wear Levi Jeans, and I like that association blah blah blah, and so I want to fianacially endorse the endorsement,blah blah blah because he is after all, an icon here in Seattle, so here's a little something that will ensure that he'll be happy with the pushing of your product,blah blah blah so please pass it on.
    There's ALWAYS a way around contractural legalities, just ask any Scheister Lawyer with a sharp pencil
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm
  • Just give Wilson a Microsoft endorsement deal for a few million an call it good.
    Rafi
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm
  • Vulcan can more then help him out in some capacity I would think if they chose to, or simply say go down to Lake Washington and find a house to Rent we will foot your per diem and relocation expenses.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:03 pm
  • I doubt that Russell's agent would do this, this just sounds bogus.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:42 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    v1rotv2 wrote:This particular contract issue (rookie salary cap) is all on the players, 100% of it. The vets wanted more money and the highly paid rookies were not living up to their premium contracts. Smith did exactly what his players wanted.

1) you missed the part that rookies subject to this didn't have a vote...
    2) You don't think the owners pushed for this?lol. Of course they did. Look at Bradford's contract and it is a joke

They simply went to far. A RB may have two three great years, suffer for life an never getthe second deal

The biggest part of this deal is when you sign on with the NFL you agreed for the NFL & NFLPA to run your life,,,end of story.

So no legal stuff outside of football has any bearing on anything. Fair/unfair its a typical deal where the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

No sense talking about what is legal and what isn't cause the NFL decides what is legal and what isn't.

I didn't say its right that rookies are caught in this but it is what it is. Also if he was a linebacker picked in later rounds you wouldn't be having this conversation.

:les:

p.s. you are right he could have refused to sign on. Then instead of being a starting QB he's be working on his MA somewhere.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 pm
  • I have s hard time buying this story. I don't care how credible the source. Cook isnt some yahoo that just fell off the turnip truck in Yakima.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 pm
  • I have s hard time buying this story. I don't care how credible the source. Cook isnt some yahoo that just fell off the turnip truck in Yakima.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 pm
  • The NFLPA doesn't care so much about rookies, when they renegotiated the CBA it was all about protecting veterans.

The reason they accepted a rookie cap is they knew more money would go to veterans.

The reason they accepted rookies being stuck in their current contracts is that they knew teams would have more money to pay unrestricted free agents.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 pm
  • The NFL has a congressional exception. While it is easy to say nothing else matters they are not immune to lawsuits. The NFLPA could be sued for negotiations against future members and they could both be sued for collaborating against a group if players to be. I truly do believe that we will see someone like RW or Sherman have two fantastic seasons get blown to pieces and then come back an sue the league (sorry for using Sehawk players as examples but couldn't think of others right now)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:22 pm
  • pehawk wrote:It's REALLY messed up in a sport where careers can end in a second, with no guarenteed contracts, there's rules NOT allowing renegotiations.

Que the jealous dummy who cries "but I dont make that type of money so Wilson should be happy with the contract he has already"; 3...2...1

That's what "own occupation" disability insurance is for. Without a doubt Russell probably has a disability insurance policy which would pay him more than 300,000 a year if he can't play QB. that number probably can go up to more than a million now. There are guarantees - people just have to be smart about it.

I am not saying he doesn't deserve more and that he should be happy with what he is being paid but a contract is a contract. He is the exception as to why the system is the way it is. The CBA is created in such a way to mitigate the risks of rookies to teams.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:32 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:"Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Got a call from an irate Bus Cook, agent for Russell Wilson. Called the report that he asked for a new deal "a bunch of bull---t" Ok then"

This story sounded like trumped up B.S. from the start.

That's what I thought when I first heard about it, and I haven't heard or read anything to the contrary.

It's kinda amazing how it started a relatively huge discussion.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:20 pm
  • Man its nice having wilson, sherman, and kam all playing for around 1 million dollars a year combined.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:16 am
  • A little different because it's NBA but those saying Paul Allen should hook Russell up with a deal might want to remember this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/smith-s ... mberwolves

Russell will be getting plenty of money from endorsements if Bus Cook is doing his job and as long as he's healthy he'll get paid as soon as the Seahawks can do it in a legitimate way. Trying to sneak around the system could ruin our up and coming club so not worth it in my opinion.
    SuperFreak
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:28 am
  • Let's not forget both Russell and his wife got big checks for hocking jeans.

If any player out there can be categorized as just happy to be here, it's Russ. Somehow I just don't think he is going to ever hold out for a big payday. Just another for us to be very happy about out new QB.

Now, his agent? Meh.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:28 am
  • Come on people their are more ways to compensate someone than paying them what a contract states. I'm sure Paul Allen is looking at homes in the area that they can move the Wilson family into. I'm sure they will pony up for any airline travel that Russ and his family needs. Probably a new car or two, leased of course. Their are many different things the Team can do here than just write in a contract that they are going to pay him "X" amount of dollars per year. I'm sure the team is assisting him in locking down endorsement deals as we speak because not only would he be endorsing a product but putting his face out there in advertisement means he is also advertising the team and the league. I expect Wilson to be a new face of the league in the next few years. Much like Blake Griffin has become for the NBA and the Clippers.
    SeahawkAce
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 am
  • SeahawkAce wrote:Come on people their are more ways to compensate someone than paying them what a contract states. I'm sure Paul Allen is looking at homes in the area that they can move the Wilson family into. I'm sure they will pony up for any airline travel that Russ and his family needs. Probably a new car or two, leased of course. Their are many different things the Team can do here than just write in a contract that they are going to pay him "X" amount of dollars per year. I'm sure the team is assisting him in locking down endorsement deals as we speak because not only would he be endorsing a product but putting his face out there in advertisement means he is also advertising the team and the league. I expect Wilson to be a new face of the league in the next few years. Much like Blake Griffin has become for the NBA and the Clippers.

Not picking on you per say but many have posted similiar opinions to this

Do you guys think that the NFL is a league run by idiots??? OK well never mind don't answer that :)

My point is they look at this stuff - you cannot provide benefits and not count that money. Ask the Saints organization what happens when you provide additional benefits for performance :) - whatever you think that was part of the reasons for suspension regardless of the intent to injury. Paul Allen cannot have his hand into anything related to paying for RW outside of his job. If he does then it will be scrutinized and the only way it flies will be if it is inline with what others are paid etc. So if Microsoft already hires others and pays $500K for promotions fine then then RW could get a similiar deal. Giving him $2 milliion won't fly. Free cars and trips on the side - count it as salary

Now assisting him with getting deal - sure they could be in on that but pretty sure his agent and managers want to handle all that to make sure they get their cut :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:34 am
  • Maybe there are loopholes, but that's a slippery slope. If you set the precedent once, there will be Sophomores all over the NFL sitting out of camp because they didn't get a guaranteed endorsement/house/kickback.... The owners would never allow themselves to be pressured back into the same situation. ... and you know Jerry Jones would de everything he could to disallow it even if, in this particular case, it's the right thing to do.

Right now, no FO has to ever worry about a rookie or sophomore or even 3rd year player holding out. Yes, of course rookies can hold out, but probably for a few weeks of camp, not fractions of the season because the stakes are so much lower. I don't think anyone ever expects a Michael Crabtree scenario where his value was 0 for the first year because of a holdout.

Currently, rookies (right or wrong) have to trust they'll be paid for past and future performance on their second contract. I would guess, Paul Allen and the Seahawks might be more willing to do this than many other organizations.

... or we could all donate an extra $10,000 to bring him up to his earned 10 mil....
    chrispy
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:44 am
  • Dude is such a diva. Already cracks in the armor showing up.

Start Flynn.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:14 am
  • A few points/theories:

Would it be incredibly out of the question for Wilson's agent to at least bring the subject up with the Seahawks FO to simply keep dialogue open either regarding the future, or just in case any rules change in the offseason/future offseasons? These agents make money from new contracts, and I don't expect they like to sit around just 'hoping' everything works itself out. An inquiry and 'touching base' about the situation simply because that's part of your job doesn't seem entirely unreasonable. Is the Agent just supposed to sit around for 3 seasons without doing his due-diligence in managing his clients?

These agents are experts at what they do; their entire livelyhood is based around this information so the idea that he simply 'didn't know' is obviously a joke.

The idea that Russell Wilson is standing outside paul allens office waiting for a hand out is equally ridiculous.

Russell Wilson is an investment for this agent; the idea that he isn't at least touching base about the contract and communicating in the best interest of any future deals or that if he is touching base about it, it's because he's clueless or RW is greedy is retarded.

Sometimes the media and fans need to grow up a bit and use their big-boy perspective on things.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 am
  • In retrospect, there should be an "out-performing rookie contract" clause in the CBA that allows a player and his agent to appeal to a committee consisting of past players, past agents and the NFL, which would exist for the purpose of hearing cases like Russell Wilson's.

Appeals could be submitted to the committee after years one and two of rookie contracts are complete.

Just a thought to chew on.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 am
  • Hawknballs - yeah except everyone knows he will get a raise not like this needs to be discussed even one bit. In a year they can start talking about $18 million / year vs $20 million......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:In retrospect, there should be an "out-performing rookie contract" clause in the CBA that allows a player and his agent to appeal to a committee consisting of past players, past agents and the NFL, which would exist for the purpose of hearing cases like Russell Wilson's.

Appeals could be submitted to the committee after years one and two of rookie contracts are complete.

Just a thought to chew on.

I don't disagree with the thought behind this but it will create a mess with everyone trying to appeal (what is the downside right)...

I believe in set incentives. Set by the league and the untion. They are black and white. A 7th rounder is NOT getting paid with the expectancy that he plays 10 games in a season 50% of the snaps on either side of the ball and neither is a 3rd rounder etc. When they do you could very simply have escalators in there and the cost of those could apply to the cap 2 years down the road etc.

If they don't make expectations (expectations are what they get paid for) then they will get cut. Don't ever forget the other side of the coin to the whole "honor your contract argument" is that the owners have an out. They always have an out
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 am
  • I'm a little concerned about what happens for rookies like wilson that out-perfrom their contracts, when they finally do get the chance for a new one, are there going to be astronomical demands that out-strip any current superstar contracts because they feel like they've been undervalued? (Wilson doesn't seem like the type of player to do so but we all now how unique he is).

If so the window for the Seahawks might be smaller than we think unless there are cap adjustments.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 am
  • mikeak wrote:Hawknballs - yeah except everyone knows he will get a raise not like this needs to be discussed even one bit. In a year they can start talking about $18 million / year vs $20 million......

it's easy to say "its not worth talking about now" when it's not your career/job to manage a client and keep discussions open and expectations known with their employer.

From a fan perspective it's true that it's not worth discussing. As an agent, regardless of the CBA, there has to be some expectation of conversations about the future, or you wouldn't be doing your job right.

It's obvious nothing can be done now but there's no reason to not keep communication open until you get to that point.

If I invest 100K somewhere, but I'm not allowed to withdraw my principle or earnings for another 3 years, does that mean that the management of my assets is not worth routinely evaluating? I realize this isn't a 1-for-1 comparison but it's only naive to think that the agent isn't going to bother talking to the team for 3 years simply because the contract can't change right now.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 am
  • Well, hopefully some of his teammates can pitch in and buy him some new suits. Maybe set him up with a decent tailor.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:17 am
  • This is so rediculously hilarious! I can't believe how many people (outside .net) actually think Wilson would be apart of this!! I don't believe even his agent would be this stupid just by associate alone.

I think if anyone in the league were to pull a "Ron Paul" and suggest his salary be 30k to make it easier for everyone else in the country to live; it would be Wilson.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information