Not seeing a great draft for linebackers in the early rounds

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ommwo09 said:
Maybe he got injured or tired somewhere in the first half. because he looked pretty good in the first half, horrible with clear lack of effort in the 2nd.

Watch this. Spectacular performance.

[youtube]4bUwDq4iHd0[/youtube]

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a stream or torrent for the East-West Shrine game?

[youtube]5DgDePoVAjk[/youtube]

Jordan Campbell looks legit, and comes with the PC connection. Yeah, highlight reel and all that, but the athleticism, speed, and ability is definitely there. Could be someone to watch in the late rounds.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3uz1bmwe said:
Watch this. Spectacular performance.

I think I've kind of reached the point where I don't want Seattle to take LB in round 1. I consider WR to be much more valuable than a 4-3 OLB, and I rate Hopkins very highly. I think a Hopkins/Rice duo would rival Jones/White for the best in the league. If Seattle took a high upside pass rusher that they LOVED over Hopkins/Ertz, I'd disagree with the pick, but I'd understand. With Ogletree and Brown, I like them for our defense, but they leave me with too many questions to make it worth that level of opportunity cost, plus the positional value.

Who is more valuable to our team? Wright/Wagner or Rice/Miller? I'd say the latter category easily. Granted, the need is more pronounced at LB and the 2013 draft is deeper for pass catchers. But that said, I rate Hopkins and Ertz so much higher than any realistic defensive player out there at #25. It will hurt watching Seattle pass on them.

Also, the more I see Ogletree the more I think he should put on weight and play as a 3-4 OLB. Even in his best games, nearly all of his value comes as a pass rusher and LOS attacker. Since Seattle tends to be less aggressive with their linebackers, his best attribute could be wasted on us. Even though I rate Ogletree much higher than Brown, I suspect Seattle would have Brown higher on their board because he's more of a sideline to sideline type, and I think that's what they want above all else.