Went From Depressed To Pissed In One Week.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":19x6e6b0 said:
I wouldn't overlook Baltimore. They just beat Denver on the road before beating New England on the road. Joe Flacco isn't playing like Joe Flacco right now. And Baltimore basically dominated SF when they met last season.

They have a very good secondary too. Colin Kaepernick struggles against good coverage.

Then you have the whole Ray Lewis emotional impact. I think Baltimore is going to win this game.
Thank you, pretty much sums up my thoughts.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Boldin will play okay and maybe Caldwell isn't going to forget his running game like Cameron, but to me the upcoming Superbowl is a toss-up. Vegas has the 9ers as the favorites by 5. At least the Montana part of the story has played out. I wouldn't mind the Kearly one not coming true but logically I see that storyline coming true, at least up to the Superbowl.

This Ravens defense is younger for the most part than the old Ravens defense of the past and just now overcoming some injuries. The Justin Smith injury would have me concerned as a 9ers fan.

What does the football gods have in store? Another tough one to call. Past few weeks of playoff football have had some great games and a few blow-outs. Hope the Superbowl lives up to the buildup.

Not depressed or pissed. Just jealous because this seems like a repeat of an era when the Broncos and Raiders were just a little better than the team and kept us from the big dance. Looking forward to finding out if that is going to be true or not.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":3g6l45v7 said:
Well look at it this way, we left a lot of points on the field in Atlanta and shot ourselves in the foot, we kicked the 49ers ass here and barely lost to them in their house. I hate the fact they are there but I also know that they know who owns them.

Who the Rams? The Rams were 2-0 against the whiners.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3pm75eu8 said:
chris98251":3pm75eu8 said:
Well look at it this way, we left a lot of points on the field in Atlanta and shot ourselves in the foot, we kicked the 49ers ass here and barely lost to them in their house. I hate the fact they are there but I also know that they know who owns them.

Pretty sure it was
1-0-1

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Battle #83":283iic6y said:
hawkfan68":283iic6y said:
chris98251":283iic6y said:

Pretty sure it was
1-0-1

I stand corrected. They were 1-0-1 against the whiners. The point still remains that the whiners couldn't beat the Rams.

hawker84

Reaction score
niners have trouble with physical defensive teams, us , rams... this matchup is the best possible matchup if you're rooting for SF to lose... pretty cool to think the potential SB champs only went 3-2-1 in their own division... what does that say about the NFCW....

The Battle #83

Reaction score
hawker84":2i3g38w3 said:
niners have trouble with physical defensive teams, us , rams... this matchup is the best possible matchup if you're rooting for SF to lose... pretty cool to think the potential SB champs only went 3-2-1 in their own division... what does that say about the NFCW....

Sort of related, but The raiders went 6-0 in the division and didnt make the playoffs like 2 years ago haha

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
The Seahawks crushed the Niners later in the season, but The Niners beat us with Alex...so I am not sure how much I want to brag about splitting the season with them. Especially since they managed to beat the Falcons in Atlanta after the Seahawks failed to get the job done themselves the week before. So in all fairness I think it is best to let the Niners enjoy their ride and most likely SB victory, and then we can all really watch these boards come alive next season if this team continues its dominance and perhaps get some revenge over the reigning champs!

It's better this way I think than just acting ignorant with all the "Ya well we are better because we say so" talk.

Just this new guys $.02 :)

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but Baltimore going get skunked something like 45-3. The Baltimore D doesnt have any elements to help them out against Kapernick and that O. Also 49ers D >>>>> Both Pats and Broncos D especially against the deep ball.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":3r3r5c2w said:
Sorry guys, but Baltimore going get skunked something like 45-3. The Baltimore D doesnt have any elements to help them out against Kapernick and that O. Also 49ers D >>>>> Both Pats and Broncos D especially against the deep ball.

The 49ers very well might win, but it's not going to be a blowout like that, I guarantee it. 40+ to under 10, not happening, and I'll bet on it if you want.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think the Niners are going to lose in the big one.

I see them having trouble with teams that can play football on both sides, with solid defenses and two-dimensional offenses. They are bound to find success at some point against a team like that, but when looking at CKaep's very short resume, he has looked All-Pro against teams with forgiving defenses that are not physical and the Niner's defense, IMHO has actually struggled to stop teams who can pass AND run well. The Niner's defense looks amazing against one-dimensional teams, but very unimpressive in team's that can make them pay for focusing on a single aspect.

The Ravens have what it takes, from all angles. They also have a more seasoned playoff QB in Flacco, who has been in big games since his rookie season and took some very impressive teams to the brink of the Super Bowl on two occassions and making it all the way in a third in his first 5 years. That is DAMN consistent. In fact, even with the mighty Squealers in their division and a rapidly improving Bungholes team, the Ravens have been to the playoffs and won at least one game every year since drafting/playing Flacco. Let's not forget that defense, yes it is older these days, but they can still play nasty and age won't mean anything on Sunday.

hawker84

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":vb2t7179 said:
The Seahawks crushed the Niners later in the season, but The Niners beat us with Alex...so I am not sure how much I want to brag about splitting the season with them. Especially since they managed to beat the Falcons in Atlanta after the Seahawks failed to get the job done themselves the week before. So in all fairness I think it is best to let the Niners enjoy their ride and most likely SB victory, and then we can all really watch these boards come alive next season if this team continues its dominance and perhaps get some revenge over the reigning champs!

It's better this way I think than just acting ignorant with all the "Ya well we are better because we say so" talk.

second post you've made where it leaves me scratchin my head.. it's ok to come out and admit you're a niner fan.. you wont get attacked for that... for the record, we are the better team, only saying this when it is not true could be considered ignorant...

hawker84

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":1nureqhw said:

baltimore has a hell of a lot better defense than NE and DEN, that's for sure... to say they're going to get skunked is ludicris... and it seems to me ATL didn't seem to have a problem moving the ball on them at one point.

it will be a good game to the end i think.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
hawker84":14h5m5tb said:
AF_BASS_MAN":14h5m5tb said:

second post you've made where it leaves me scratchin my head.. it's ok to come out and admit you're a niner fan.. you wont get attacked for that... for the record, we are the better team, only saying this when it is not true could be considered ignorant...

I have respect for both teams. And so it is easy for me to recognize what is just blind hatred and what makes sense when criticizing both teams. I have fans of both teams in my family and as you can imagine the conversations we have can be quite entertaining LOL.

I do have friends and family who are Niner fans that have tried to register on here but their accounts never get activated.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":3g2siepz said:
hawker84":3g2siepz said:
AF_BASS_MAN":3g2siepz said:

I have respect for both teams. And so it is easy for me to recognize what is just blind hatred and what makes sense when criticizing both teams. I have fans of both teams in my family and as you can imagine the conversations we have can be quite entertaining LOL.

I do have friends and family who are Niner fans that have tried to register on here but their accounts never get activated.

Come on man..... REALLY?

I have a bridge for sale. I probably have more respect for the Niners than any Seahawks' fan and I can't stand them. I hate their team, their fans and their DynaDouche coach. You reference the first game only like a Niner fan can. We are cool with it, you don't have to pretend anymore.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":oyrm14it said:
Come on man..... REALLY?

I have a bridge for sale. I probably have more respect for the Niners than any Seahawks' fan and I can't stand them. I hate their team, their fans and their DynaDouche coach. You reference the first game only like a Niner fan can. We are cool with it, you don't have to pretend anymore.

LOL, like I said I have friends and family who are Niner fans and we talk football ALL THE TIME. It's hard to not agree with them on some points, as they have come to agree with me on some of my points as well.