Non big name FA WR's

GoHawks

Reaction score
If the Seahawks don't pursue big name WR's in FA, what 2nd tier FA WR's interest you?

Here are a few names:

Ramses Barden #13 WR. New York Giants | Official Team Site. Height: 6-6 Weight: 224 Age: 27
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=61522&draftyear=2009&genpos=wr

Louis Murphy #83 WR. Carolina Panthers | Official Team Site. Height: 6-2 Weight: 200 Age: 25
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56618&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

Kevin Ogletree #85 WR ... Height: 6-1 Weight: 198 Age: 25
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67894&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

Devin Aromashodu #19 WR. Minnesota Vikings | Official Team Site. Height: 6-2 Weight: 201 Age: 28
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=16941&draftyear=2006&genpos=WR

Jerome Simpson #81 WR. Minnesota Vikings | Official Team Site. Height: 6-2 Weight: 190 Age: 26
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56403&draftyear=2008&genpos=WR

Danario Alexander #84 WR. San Diego Chargers | Official Team Site. Height: 6-5 Weight: 217 Age: 24
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=75582&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I want Alexander, but I think he will be a restricted free agent.

pinksheets

Reaction score
It's likely Darrius Heyward-Bey will be released by Oakland as a cap casualty. Not sure what his market will be like since he's looked at as a "bust" (and he is for where he was drafted), but he's turned into a decent receiver and still has a ton of speed.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
I think we should address DL and OL first...maybe even nickelback and linebacker too.

It our receivers are Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller at TE, it won't be the worst line up...

McGruff

Reaction score
pinksheets":1nah4mof said:
It's likely Darrius Heyward-Bey will be released by Oakland as a cap casualty. Not sure what his market will be like since he's looked at as a "bust" (and he is for where he was drafted), but he's turned into a decent receiver and still has a ton of speed.

I'd be very open to Bey or Murphy.

godawg

Reaction score
I'd love to get Ramses Barden. 6'6" with good hands. 4.55.

GCrow

Reaction score
Wow never realized Louis Murphy was a UFA, would be game. Also would be quite intrigued by Heyward Bey if cut from Oakland

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
hawkmanj":34dhtakq said:
I think we should address DL and OL first...maybe even nickelback and linebacker too.

It our receivers are Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller at TE, it won't be the worst line up...

The FO knows how to multitask...they don't have blinders on

I would love DHB if he's cut. He would bring some serious speed to our WR corps.

Axx

Reaction score
I watched alot of Cowboy games this year and can say Ogletree is very good. He is dependable and catches everything thrown in his direction.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
There is also Brian Hartline. I do not consider him a top tier WR option....maybe his stock has risen considerably this past year. He is not a burner but has decent size and speed (combine was about 4.45)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":315f6arg said:
None. We need a game breaker.

This. I dont think we need to be spending money on a WR just to get a WR. We have plenty of good options. What we dont have is one guy who can take over a game and truely make the opposing D. Coordinator account for him. If we bring in a WR in the draft or free agency thats what I want. Not just to accumulate another body to add to the pile.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't really think Seattle signs a free agent WR, but if they did, it would probably be someone off the street ala Ruvell Martin. Someone dirt cheap.

Danario Alexander had a hot finish to the season and Ogletree has a lot of ability, but none of these 2nd tier players are clear upgrades over Tate/Baldwin and would probably cost at least $4 or $5 million a year. Seattle might kick the tires on some of the big name WRs if their market dries up, but mostly, I expect Seattle to focus on defense in FA first.

pinksheets

Reaction score
JSeahawks":r1cefami said:
FlyingGreg":r1cefami said:
None. We need a game breaker.

This. I dont think we need to be spending money on a WR just to get a WR. We have plenty of good options. What we dont have is one guy who can take over a game and truely make the opposing D. Coordinator account for him. If we bring in a WR in the draft or free agency thats what I want. Not just to accumulate another body to add to the pile.
How many guys are there like that, though? I'm all for drafting a guy, but I mean, depending on the market, I wouldn't mind having a guy like DHB on the roster over Charly Martin and what not. I like Rice, Tate, Baldwin, but what if they get hurt? I want some roster churn at the bottom of that depth chat, mostly because I don't see a high priced FA WR in our future nor is it likely you find a guy who can start and produce at WR in year 1, at least not more than Rice and Tate.

pinksheets

Reaction score
kearly":296p5w4y said:
I don't really think Seattle signs a free agent WR, but if they did, it would probably be someone off the street ala Ruvell Martin. Someone dirt cheap.

Danario Alexander had a hot finish to the season and Ogletree has a lot of ability, but none of these 2nd tier players are clear upgrades over Tate/Baldwin and would probably cost at least $4 or $5 million a year. Seattle might kick the tires on some of the big name WRs if their market dries up, but mostly, I expect Seattle to focus on defense in FA first.
If it's 4 or 5 mill then I'm with you, that's too significant of a chunk of our cap for what I have in mind.

Veilside

Reaction score
I'd rather spend the $ on a DT and draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd. However, DHB may be worth the look if he's cheap enough.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Veilside":18rk0uvp said:
I'd rather spend the $ on a DT and draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd.

Agreed. If we spend any kind of money on one individual, my guess is that guy will be a DT. Everything else gets addressed in the draft. We have up to 10 picks so I wouldn't be surprised if we packaged Flynn with a pick or two to get an extra high-end pick. My dream would be to trade Flynn and our #25 and our 3rd rounder to the Jets for their #9. With which, we grab Cordarrelle Patterson. This guy will be a superstar.

Latest posts