DRAFT A TIGHT END - What do you think?

Cirmman

Reaction score
We have Zach MIller, amazing TE. But i love the idea of draft a new TE to help MIller And Wilson

This TE class looks excellent to me. So much depth and a whole lot of guys with the talent and skill-set to go in the first 3 rounds. I'd say all of the following have the skill-set to go in the first 3 rounds:
1. Zach Ertz
2. Tyler Eifert
3. CJ Fiedorowicz
4. Ryan Otten
5. Travis Kelce
6. Gavin Escobar
7. Jordan Reed
8. Levine Toilolo

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Toilolo's a funny one. Many don't have him in the first 3 but he's pretty unique and I can see a few teams being interested enough that it might prompt someone to take him before the 4th. I'd take him in the late 4th, as I would Escobar.

If Kelce fell out of the second, I'd want us to trade up to get him in the third. He's fast for someone his size, and he can get open. That said, I doubt we spend a third on TE, Miller really showed what he's capable of, and I'm sure we can find a guy in the later rounds who will have impact.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":2tvm4yfb said:
Toilolo's a funny one. Many don't have him in the first 3 but he's pretty unique and I can see a few teams being interested enough that it might prompt someone to take him before the 4th. I'd take him in the late 4th, as I would Escobar.

If Kelce fell out of the second, I'd want us to trade up to get him in the third. He's fast for someone his size, and he can get open. That said, I doubt we spend a third on TE, Miller really showed what he's capable of, and I'm sure we can find a guy in the later rounds who will have impact.

For what they like to do with 2 sometimes 3 TE sets, I wouldn't be suprised or upset if they took one in the first. I'm becoming a Kelce fan as well.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
BAllenHawk":1r95btbv said:
SomersetHawk":1r95btbv said:

For what they like to do with 2 sometimes 3 TE sets, I wouldn't be suprised or upset if they took one in the first. I'm becoming a Kelce fan as well.

Wouldn't be the first time the FO's surprised me. I guess it depends on how many picks we get in the first three, as I see us going DE, LB, WR (not necessarily in that order).

Throwdown

Reaction score
Gavin Escobar is the only one I know anything about, I don't think its as big of a need as some think though.

kearly

Reaction score
Ertz is the only TE I'd be thrilled about drafting early. Levine Toilolo definitely looks like he'd fit our offense. Evan Moore wasn't very good, but our FO rated him very high before signing him. Evan Moore was 6'7". Levine Toilolo is supposedly 6'8", he almost looks like a Tom Cable lineman with his height/build. Toilolo is a good run blocker and a solid pass catcher. Could make sense for Seattle in rounds 4 or 5 as a replacement for Moore.

You just get the feeling that Gavin Escobar is going to be a 2nd or 3rd round steal for some team, but I just don't think it will be us.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Isn't Morrah coming back? I think he was a good TE that can catch, but was hurt this year. I believe they reached an injury settlement, but I'm sure he'd come back as long as he's healthy. They seemed to like him well enough to draft him.

Erebus

Reaction score
I dont remember who said it, might have been Tom Cable, but when they brought in Kellen Winslow they were excited about the possibilities on offense about using 2 TE sets with TEs that can block and catch, so they could disguise their intentions between running and passing and give them a lot of flexibility. So I would love another good TE that can do everything.

McGruff

Reaction score
Luxury pick, and I don't think any of this classes TE's warrant us picking them over other possibilities.

Erebus

Reaction score
McGruff":1ihao1z9 said:
Luxury pick, and I don't think any of this classes TE's warrant us picking them over other possibilities.

If Zach Ertz is the BPA, I wouldn't consider him a luxury pick. Its always good to go BPA if its a player you could really use, and we could really use him. I believe what kearly's saying about there being no good D-Line options for us in the 1st round. So instead of wasting a pick to reach for a need, we could immensely bolster the offense with another good TE.

And we do need more pass catchers. Did you see how often Wilson had to scramble to buy time to throw? Part of it is because our receivers weren't getting open. Its almost as much of a need as a pass rusher. Not a luxury pick IMO.

McGruff

Reaction score
I don't think Ertz is good enough to warrant picking him over some other likely first round players at WR, DE, DT, CB and OG.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
McGruff":zikm5fwh said:
I don't think Ertz is good enough to warrant picking him over some other likely first round players at WR, DE, DT, CB and OG.

+1

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SharkHawk":19t79naa said:
Isn't Morrah coming back? I think he was a good TE that can catch, but was hurt this year. I believe they reached an injury settlement, but I'm sure he'd come back as long as he's healthy. They seemed to like him well enough to draft him.
Ruskell drafted Morrah

Latest posts