Remember Brian Banks?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Seems like forever ago -- but the big off-season story was Brian Banks. He had a few "tryouts" with the Seahawks and some other teams. Somehow we couldn't find a spot on the 90 man training camp roster but Pete sure had lots of optimism that he could maybe someday compete for a roster spot.

Lots of teams sung his praises. No one signed him to an NFL contract.

He landed on a UFL roster, but not sure he ever played, or even got paid by the money-strapped league.

January is the time of year teams sign "street" free-agents. Guys who start the off-season on the roster. Many of these guys get cut after the draft as their spots get taken by draft picks and other promising rookies. If Banks was going to get a shot, this would be the moment. It basically costs any team nothing to sign him, bring him in, and let him participate in the off-season program. If he shows real potential, he may even make it to training camp.

However, as of right now Brian Banks remains un-signed.

Apparantly he was a great story, but never a legitimate prospect.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I was thinking about him the other day. Would not at all be surprised to see him added to our roster.

FYI, he just Tweeted the other day "Dear NFL...I'm not done yet".

bellingerga

Reaction score
I was just thinking about him the other day too, wondering whatever came out of his tryouts, if anything.

Hopefully he's busted his butt to get conditioned this last few months and some teams will give him another look this year.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":12o5qxn1 said:
Seems like forever ago -- but the big off-season story was Brian Banks. He had a few "tryouts" with the Seahawks and some other teams. Somehow we couldn't find a spot on the 90 man training camp roster but Pete sure had lots of optimism that he could maybe someday compete for a roster spot.

Lots of teams sung his praises. No one signed him to an NFL contract.

He landed on a UFL roster, but not sure he ever played, or even got paid by the money-strapped league.

January is the time of year teams sign "street" free-agents. Guys who start the off-season on the roster. Many of these guys get cut after the draft as their spots get taken by draft picks and other promising rookies. If Banks was going to get a shot, this would be the moment. It basically costs any team nothing to sign him, bring him in, and let him participate in the off-season program. If he shows real potential, he may even make it to training camp.

However, as of right now Brian Banks remains un-signed.

Apparantly he was a great story, but never a legitimate prospect.

Love ya John, but kind of an odd point.

We all knew the odds we're long heading in, but liked the story and circumstances.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
yeah he landed a ufl job and then the ufl closed up... he should try cfl for a season to get into shape

JesterHawk

Reaction score
If I were him, I'd try to land a spot as a running back in the LFL. I'd love to get gang tackled by those ladies. ;)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was pulling for him...Would be a fantastic story, regardless of what team he ended up with.

canzag

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":2u66g6f1 said:
yeah he landed a ufl job and then the ufl closed up... he should try cfl for a season to get into shape

would love to see that.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Saw him on Twitter the other day. He said, "Dear #NFL ...I'm not done yet :) -Brian Banks"

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Thought about him when I saw the Futures signings